Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't have any probs with Powergen preventing me leaving them.
    I honestly believe it depends on the mood of the person you're talking to on the phone at the time ::) ;D
    Bulletproof
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I honestly believe it depends on the mood of the person you're talking to on the phone at the time ::) ;D

Yeah and how much commision they are on to keep you. ;)
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yeah and how much commision they are on to keep you. ;)
    ;D

He can have all the commission he likes, it was cheaper for me so that's OK ;D
    Bulletproof
  • mrtickle
    mrtickle Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With SP there are many tariff options. Also their Direct Debit discount is applied in the form of the price per kWh being reduced; as is the online discount. So assuming you are on dual fuel you can choose:
    * Standing charge or not (based on how much you think you'll use)
    * Premier Plus or Standard (based on how much you think you'll use)
    * DD or not
    * online or not
  • System
    Options
    scottish power seem all wel and good, but they don't tell you all about everything. for example, they do not tell you that they charge 36.50 per year to cap prices, or that you cannot sign up for the online tariff if you sign through sainsburys or if you have an e7 meter.
  • System
    Options
    but they don't tell you all about everything. for example, they do not tell you that they charge 36.50 per year to cap prices

I didnt know that either. >:(
  • mrtickle
    mrtickle Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The "capped" tariff is noticably more expensive that the current prices for the normal tariff. So if nothing changes, the capped tariff will cost you a lot more depending how much you use. This is obvious from reading the tariffs?

You are basically gambling that the normal tariff will rocket up in price, well past the price of the current capped price, and the non-capped people will pay a lot more in future years.
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The "capped" tariff is noticably more expensive that the current prices for the normal tariff. So if nothing changes, the capped tariff will cost you a lot more depending how much you use. This is obvious from reading the tariffs?

You are basically gambling that the normal tariff will rocket up in price, well past the price of the current capped price, and the non-capped people will pay a lot more in future years.

It stands to reason that the "capped price" option is going to be more expensive than the standard option. You don't get something for nothing in the world of energy companies!

However, I would have thought it would be a legal requirement to point this out to you and advise you of the actual increased cost without you having to ask??

???
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • moana
    moana Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    I was with Swalec then changed to London Energy and that change took time and was a bit awkward.
    But now I want to change to Scottish Power.

Anyone tell me approx how long the change will take as I'm off overseas in two months and want to get things sorted by then.
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • Tony-Anfield
    Options
    Dont do it ! go with anybody but Scotish Power, they are fkin rubbish, just read this thread from the beginning to get some idea of what they are like..... >:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure