We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Fantastic tradition for little ones

Options

Comments

• fletty
    fletty Posts: 731 Forumite
    Options
    donna73 wrote: »
    today we were invited to a tea party by an elf living nearby, it was all going well until we left the room to look at something with the kids, then came back to find the 2 elves being savaged by their dog!!!!
    chipper didn't come off too badly- need to wash his mangled beard and try and dry it back to normal, the other elf wasn't so lucky- lost both his legs. Luckily the boys (6 and 8 yrs old) were upstairs and we reassured the littlies (4 and 2) that we would send him to elf hospital overnight ( super glue to the rescue!)
    oh dear living with elves can be so stressful

oh Donna hope everything ok with your elves now keeping mine well away from our dog alreadyy caught her sniffing him earlier maybe there all after revenge as the elves ar getting more attention then they are :rotfl:

My daughters ill at the mo so I haven't had much time to do elfy things, but Peppermint did send 2 snowballs so i could persuade her to go in the bath ( thanks for that tip with the bath fizzers from a above post x)
    :beer:
  • PINKIE1_2
    Options
    my kids are starting to get a lttle sad now, because they know the elves are going back soon.My 5 year old has had that much fun he now wants to be an elf when he grows up.He watched santa claus the movie that the elves had left him and loved it,he believed it was all real and said he would love to live in the north pole.We made up the elf yourself video and he loved it,we have sent the dance to everyone we know.We also have had a visit from rudolph and each night my son leaves out a carrot for him.(he is going back over the weekend).
    I think we can expect tears on christmas eve, we are going to miss our little visitors.
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    my 6yr old said he wants to be an elf when hes bigger like "buddy" from elf dvd.
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • tillybilly_2
    Options
    hi all, I have no idea if this will work but i have uploaded some pics of our elf getting into trouble on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=90568&l=d09c2&id=592261604

We are having great fun with our elf but I keep forgetting to take pics of him!
    It's BOUGHT not bRought :p
  • donna73
    donna73 Posts: 540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for your concern- chipper is ok now after yesterdays near death experience, he had a quiet day to recover. tonight he's leaving them a santa shower gel for bath time tomorrow but he's got in a bit of a pickle with the cellotape and paper trying to wrap it up- still at least he tried.:)
    tomorrow the children want to take him to their nanny and gangans so we've had a lengthy discussion about how best to strap him into the car, following an email he recieved from sparkly toes about his outing today.
    still waiting for sparkly toes family to admit who they are!?!?!
    Word for 2023 …PROACTIVE 🧡 2023 -decluttering campaign 1020/2023 ⭐️⭐️Saving towards paying off car in November…£720/£1500 🚗
  • cathys1_2
    Options
    donna73 wrote: »
    thanks for your concern- chipper is ok now after yesterdays near death experience, he had a quiet day to recover. tonight he's leaving them a santa shower gel for bath time tomorrow but he's got in a bit of a pickle with the cellotape and paper trying to wrap it up- still at least he tried.:)
    quote]

Snow Toes did the same wrapping some magic elf chocolates for dd and ds.:o

Liked the facebook pics - might do some loo roll spread about upstairs tonight, and leave him in the middle of it all!!!!!

Dh thinks I've lost the plot!
  • fletty
    fletty Posts: 731 Forumite
    Options
    Peppermint decorated the tree with both kids underwear this morning my son thought it was so funny but my daughter was mortified.
    He also left us tickets to go on the Santa express train ride and asked if he could come along with us ( I'm going to try and have a word with whoever's there so santa can act surprised and knows Peppermints name - so fingers crossed ) my daughters been unwell but this was pr booked @ £36.00 so were going stright there stright back ( I'm a horrible irresponsible mum) she does feel better today though!
    Glad chipper recovered enough to have more mischief!
    Both of my kids are already starting to get upset about Peppermint going back, my thrre year old who i didin't think was that bothered got his hair cut yesterday and never stopped talking about Peppermint, his dad said he was getting some strange looks from the hairdressers but they all thought my son was soo cute. (he is)
    :beer:
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    bertie had an accident last night - he was trying to put up MORE xmas decs and slipped, banged his head and hurt his arm as he landed. luckily there was a friendly fox that knew 1st aid who bandaged his head and arm.

i have NEVER known my kids b sooooo quiet, but bertie has a headache!
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tilly, thanks for sharing the photos - I love the idea of him taking the toys out for a ride. ;)

lol at calling in 'elf and safety' sobliviion :D
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • cathys1_2
    Options
    fletty wrote: »
    Peppermint decorated the tree with both kids underwear this morning my son thought it was so funny but my daughter was mortified.

Love it - going to do that tomorrow night!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport