Fantastic tradition for little ones

Options

Comments

• MummyYummy
    Options
    Bump - in case anyone hasn't seen this

Thanks for bumping this - I am going to have a good read through it tomorrow :j

Jo xx
  • kalojac
    kalojac Posts: 423 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for this, i think I may try this in December for my boys my eldest is 8 on 27th December I am not sure it is too late to introduce a tradition like this though????
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did this last year for the first time. My 2 were 10 and 7 and the elf was found in TK Maxx of all places!! I hadn't done it before because I hadn't found a reasonably priced elf and I couldn't make one myself!! Last year I combined the elf with his letter with doing advent activities and treats. So every day he either had a note or an item that was the clue or message about the activity was great and went really well so I recommend it!! Have fun xxx
  • liloandstitch
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant. An elf will definately be visiting our house this year. My DS is 6 and will love it!!!

lilo
    Live on £4000 a year again for 2011
  • GrumpyButGorgeous
    Options
    how funny i read this and went through to my OH and said "how do you feel about an elf coming to vist for xmas, i then quickly explained that the elf would get up to mischief at night etc and he looked extremely confused and said what a man? a dwarf? comes to the house? i could barely explain it to him after that as the tears were streaming down my face and i couldnt breathe due to laughing so much.
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I soooo want to do this this year! My boys are 2 and 3 so I really hope they aren't too young for it. Already plotting many naughty antics for our Elf to get up to!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • GrumpyButGorgeous
    Options
    Having decided to do this this year for my little one i was on the search for an elf, from a past thread saw that someone had used a snow white dwarf and just saw this posted on another thread, may need to buy him some new clothes but 'Happy' will be on his way this xmas (yip OH will definatley think i'm mad and 11 year old will think i'm really sad, but have got 3 yr old on board already told him an elf may come visit us this year) The name is on the hat so he may need to become Happy .... something not sure yet will have a think, wanted grumpy as he has red clothes (xmassy) but he looks quite scary!

7 Dwarves £2.49 each
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1884097

Hope this helps someone else x
  • PINKIE1_2
    Options
    My kids are already getting excited and have asked if alf and wilf can visit again.We had so much fun with this last year,and through this year the kids have remembered things that the elves got up to and have laughed about it.I need to find ideas and cheap treats for this year (will be prepared this year).Just have to hope that the elves are not buried too deep in the attic so i can find them!
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have ordered my Elf! Found on ebay a doll of one the elves from Noddy...
    I can't stand Noddy so have only seen it a few times and didn't recognise the Elf, neither will the kids and I think that if I add a few Christmassy bits to his outfit he will make a good Magic Elf. Looks pretty naughty lol.
    Best of all it only cost me a total of £3!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • 3_cheeky_princesses
    Options
    Cant wait for our Christmas Elf Otis to come visit on the 1st December. We had so much fun with this last year and thru the year all of my children have mentioned Otis at some point! even my 12 yr old son! lol
    Member of Thrifty Gifty ~ Making money for Christmas 2010:
    £2 Savers club member no 40 ~ £54
    Amazon Vouchers BingoPort ~ £10
    Dooyoo Challenge Jan ~ £24.07 / £20.00 Yippee over target :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business