PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Getting to know you........

Options

Comments

• Diane_239
    Diane_239 Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    part time customer service asst,part time bar work,voluntary work in charity shop one day a week and single mum to three teenagers one with ADHD,one with Downs and one very grumpy 19 year old.
    July 2008 Grocery Challenge.[£200/£200]
    Aug Grocery Challenge £200
  • jessica_rabbit_3
    Options
    Hello everyone! Another newbie here, although have lurked on this site for a bit to gain a few tips! Both myself and hubby work in the theatre industry - which is paid &%$**!!! So hence why I find myself here. However I was surprised when glancing through to notice how I already did half the things on here! So I thought I would come out of the woodwork and post!
  • Claire70_2
    Claire70_2 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Thought Id say Hi

Im Claire Im 38 this year and was left in a lot of debt when my husband at the time left me after I had a bike accident 5 years ago.

Im now a stay at home mum to a 2 yr old and a 15 yr old. My partner runs his own construction firm so we have to juggle month to month which is how I found the boards.
  • Ota_2
    Ota_2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I've just registered on the site and I wanted to pop in and say 'Hi'! - and since I'm most likely to be posting regarding OS-type stuff, I thought I'd do it here. I'm Ota ('otter'), living in Cambridgeshire, and need to get a real grip on my finances, as I'm hoping to buy my ex-OH out of his share of our house and have an income that is currently best described as 'sporadic'. I'm trying to avoid having to get a 'real' job again.
    Thinking back to my 'old' habits from years ago, I can't believe how little I used to spend, and how much I now waste on pointless 'luxury' stuff. I cook mostly from scratch anyway (or did before we split up), and need to get back to that habit. I'm a bit of a tree-hugger, too, which means that some cheaper options are not acceptable to me on an ethical basis (for example, I'd rather eat ethically produced meat less often than factory farmed meat every day).
    I could ramble on forever, but won't. ;) looking forwards to meeting you all in the future.

Ota
  • benny1981
    benny1981 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new to posting but like a lot of us I have been hovering for a long while (I was so afraid of putting hoovering there - that is DB job!!!) I am, 29, living in sin (according to my parents) with my BF of 5 years! Just moved in with him this year, though I have been providing for myself since I was 18. So although I have been OS for a long time, I now have a partner to bring into it all, and try to teach him the OS ways.
    xoxo
  • AccyAlly
    AccyAlly Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

I'm a newish newbie. Been enjoying all your posts and finally thought it'd be good to start contributing.

I'm married got a mad cocker spaniel and a fat cat. No kids (except Hubby!!)
    Work full time for 2 Voluntary Sector organisations, as admin/finance/brush holder etc!!

Loving these forums!!

AccyAlly
    GC Jan '17 £237.54/£350
    GC Dec £193.02/£400

• DdraigGoch
    DdraigGoch Posts: 731 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hello

I've been on MSE a little while now, but been mostly on the DFW thread, Living on £4000 a year [now Part 2] and lurking elsewhere. I have always had an interest in OS lifestyle so thought it was about time I introduced myself.

DG
    If you see me on here - shout at me to get off and go and get something useful done!! :D
  • singlemum_4
    singlemum_4 Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I thought it was about time I introduced myself properly!! Am mum of two teenagers and owner of a mad old cat. Work part time as well as doing a degree. Trying to be a bit more savvy with my money and make it go further!!
    GC 9/4-6/5
    £160.00
    wk 1 £115.24 = £44.76 left!!
    wk 2 £0 = £44.76 left!!
    wk 3 £46.71 = -£1.95
  • leem_3
    leem_3 Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    I am a married mom of two teenage daughters and work park time for a sheltered housing charity, never seem to have enough time or energy!! We have a fox terrier dog and two oops from yesterday five gunea pigs.
  • mancbird
    mancbird Posts: 503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya, I thought I'd come in here and introduce myself after being a lurker on this site for a long time!

I work for a housing company and am also a Slimming World Consultant. My jobs are quite different but I love both of them :)

I live (like Benny "in sin"!) with my lovely oh and we've found this site is fab for helping our money to go a little bit further - eventually we'll have paid off all our student loans (hooray!!!!)
    Mammy to 2 boys aged 5 and 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport