PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 5. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• ispartacus75
    Options
    I go with Bovril rather than Oxo. Not too sure on its salt content but as I never add salt to any meal I think even if it has a bit in it I can get away with it. Really warming too when its cold outside.
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bigsmoke wrote: »
    ps - whoever suggested an oxo cube for a drink, i might try this, i love really savoury stuff. is it really salty (i love the taste, but am worried about having too much in my diet)?

I haven't tried oxo but if you can get hold of sage tea (http://www.allabouttea.co.uk/sage.html) then that is like sage and onion stuffing - but no salt or anything - just dried sage ;)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • saversarn
    Options
    I go with Bovril rather than Oxo. Not too sure on its salt content but as I never add salt to any meal I think even if it has a bit in it I can get away with it. Really warming too when its cold outside.
    Sometimes I have a little bit of marmite with boiling water, obviously I'd never resort to having a weak gravy granule cuppa as that would just be plain disgusting :o;)
    Hi to all, I'm still here reading most days and cheering you on- maintaining my loss quite well- until this morning when a tin of quality street appeared on my desk:eek:
  • bigsmoke
    bigsmoke Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    oooh sage tea sounds interesting, another thing to put on the 'look in a health food shop' list!

i do'nt drink tea or coffee so am always looking for hot drinks to experiment with!
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    evening everyone!

been a long day at work.
    Had lots of temptation but wasn't too bad.

B - 1 small toast and porridge with dried apricots(1)

L - butternut squash and sweet spud soup(HM)(2) with 2 x toast

D - bubble and squeak (1)with Glamorgan sausages and tinned spaghetti

snacks - 1 banana 1 clementine (1 1/2)

just made it to my 5 a day! to everyone new I am challenging myself to get at least my 5 a day, only once have I not made it:j

work again tomorrow then weigh in tomorrow night. Its the Miss Slinky competition at SW - wonder if I've got any votes:D let you know!;)

good luck all and Hi to Saversarn:hello:
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    • Bran Flakes with mixed dried fruit
    • Probably too late now to fit one in before lunch
    • Golden veg savoury rice with tuna
    • Maybe some of the bacon This worked fantastic as an alternative for fruit and meant I could enjoy fruit when I did eat it again
    • George Formby burgers with tatty wedges
    • Fruit (have to have some at some point)
    • Maybe a Bovril No time for Bovril in the end
    Have a good one everyone.

Today
    • Bran Flakes with mixed dried fruit
    • Slice of (very) crispy bacon
    • Poached egg on toast
    • Banana and Tangerine
    • Spanish rice with added Salmon and Octopus
    • Maybe a banana
    See you all tomorrow.
  • retiredlady
    Options
    I stuck to plan yesterday which was a good thing because for some
    reason I was so hungry! How are you all doing with it?

Today I am eating:

Breakfast - cheese & mushroom omelette with baby plum tomatoes
    (hea+free+free) plus an orange (free)

Lunch - HM vegetable soup with bacon and egg bap (free+free+heb)

Dinner - chicken and mushroom stir fry using 1 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
    (free+free+heb) with chocolate scan bran cupcakes with custard for dessert
    (8.5 syns)

Snack on fruit and yogurt during the day if hungry around 3pm.

What do you think?

Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,

Been walking this morning and yesterday. Bought a pedometer which only worked for 4 hours then packed up so got it swapped this morning. Done about 6,000 steps on way to work today (and lost my watch too somewhere on the way :rolleyes:).

Still seem to have trouble saying no to biscuits and chocolates though :o. Maybe I should follow taplady and aim for my 5 a day instead as then I'd feel less nibbly maybe?? :)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • bigsmoke
    Options
    morning everyone

good day for me yesterday, stuck to my plan
    today:
    b - half a cheese and mushroom muffin (monthly breakfast meeting at work, i just can't resist them!), yoghurt with fruit honey and crunchy oat cereal, orange juice with fizzy water
    l - tuna, mixed beans, sweetcorn and peppers w. salad cream and a wholemeal pita
    s - orange, apple
    t - HM american style macaroni and cheese, with green veggies (going to a friend's for comfort food), probably some wine...

i think i'm coming down with a cold, my cheeks and forehead are hot and red and i have a sore throat so i'm going to try and eat through it with lots of fruit and veg, fingers crossed!!

haev a good day everyone :)
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Having good days and bad....OH who is a natural greyhound has been tempting me with things like ice cream, he has developed a passion for one we buy in Lidl , it is delicious but if he didn't give it to me with my cuppa after dinner I wouldn't have it...think it may be too cold to consider to-day!.

This morning I have eaten:
    B....Handful dried fruit: porridge with honey and large tinned peach;
    L...will be soup, maybe with beans on 1 slice toast;
    D....Spag bol, followed by baked apple (or two!)

Need something else in there to take me up to my 5 a day, will have to be hot as I am frozen to-day.

Congratulations to losers, good luck to gainers!

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family