PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 5. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• retiredlady
    Options
    Here is my plan for the day - (by the way I went for the wine in the end last night, I put the brownie in the freezer and am proud to report it is still there:D)

Breakfast - 5 scanbrans scraped with a tblsp peanut butter and topped with sliced bananas (free+4.5syns+free)

Lunch - Homemade carrot and coriander soup plus a selection of fruit from the bowl and a yogurt (free, free all free)

Dinner - SW beefburger in wholemeal roll with spicy SW wedges made from heb portion of potato plus mixed salad (free+heb+free) ketchup & mayo on burger will be at least 4 syns and a glass of the red tonight will add another 6 so that will be 14.5 syns for the day.

Late night snack - blueberry yogurt mixed with 0%total and frozen blueberrys mixed together to make "almost icecream":D (free)

Milk in drinks during the day will be my hea.

Love
    Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lunch - Homemade carrot and coriander soup plus a selection of fruit from the bowl and a yogurt (free, free all free)

Hi, is your soup a milk free recipe? Would it be possible to have it please?

Thanks ;)

I'm giving up on this week. Feeling :( again. Really seriously tired and just feel like I'm constantly on the run making everyone's lunches, dinners, food shop, washing. Thankfully OH does most of the cleaning. But his comments about me saying I'm wrecked and feel like I never sit down were to get up earlier, go to bed earlier (but then that just shifts WHEN I do stuff not how much there is to do) :rolleyes: Or else to make time to sit down. :rolleyes:

So not doing any washing this weekend unless I need something and might make him and the kids ham sandwiches for lunch instead of soup etc :p
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • retiredlady
    Options
    newlywed wrote: »
    Hi, is your soup a milk free recipe? Would it be possible to have it please?

Thanks ;)

I'm giving up on this week. Feeling :( again. Really seriously tired and just feel like I'm constantly on the run making everyone's lunches, dinners, food shop, washing. Thankfully OH does most of the cleaning. But his comments about me saying I'm wrecked and feel like I never sit down were to get up earlier, go to bed earlier (but then that just shifts WHEN I do stuff not how much there is to do) :rolleyes: Or else to make time to sit down. :rolleyes:

So not doing any washing this weekend unless I need something and might make him and the kids ham sandwiches for lunch instead of soup etc :p

Here you go:

1 onion
    1 potato
    1 lb carrots (roughly)
    1 tsp coriander
    1 - 1.5 litre veg stock
    salt and pepper to taste

Chop everything up, fry in frylight if you like, bung it all into a saucepan and bring to the boil, simmer for 30 minutes or so, whizz it up and serve! Free on green and red:j:j

Love
    Marion
    ps - stop cleaning and sit down! A little dirt never hurt anyone!;)
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ps - stop cleaning and sit down! A little dirt never hurt anyone!;)

It's OH who does the cleaning - he's a clean freak! :rolleyes: And yeah he does sit down and not clean some days.

I do the cooking, food shop (3 different shops coz he's picky on some things), washing, it seems no-one else can manage to put a single spoon in the dishwasher so I do that too, and unpack it, and work full time (but so does he). Just seems it's 9 pm before I've done cooking, clearing it up, stacking dishwasher, making lunches - and I don't sit down when I come in from work, just get straight on with it all.

In the mornings I unpack the dishwasher, make tea, do breakfast for me and the kids (OH does his own - have to wait till he's finished or he moans). Clear up the breakfast stuff, take lunches from fridge and pack them up. Get ready for work.

Then at weekends seem to have loads more cooking to do (kids all weekend) and I don't ever seem to get a day off cooking, which usually I don't mind too much.

Sorry I'm just a grump. :o
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • mummygems
    Options
    I have had a poo couple of weeks on SW. No matter what I do I seem to lose nothing or a mx of 1lb which is fine but considering the things I eat (super speed foods etc) and the things I dont eat (like Chinese, pizza etc when everyone else does) I feel peed off lol.

I am wondering if I should switch to counting calories for a few weeks and see if that makes any difference (i.e. if SW just isnt working for me anymore and I lose weight some other way).

I found a great website to enter all my food and it counts the calories for me so I can see where I am using the most calories etc.

Does anyone else count calories? I just wondered what to set my daily intake at in order to lose weight? I dont do very much exercise which I obviously need to change.

I hope everyone else is doing okay.
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    newlywed wrote: »
    In the mornings I unpack the dishwasher, make tea, do breakfast for me and the kids (OH does his own - have to wait till he's finished or he moans).:eek::mad::mad::mad:

Then at weekends seem to have loads more cooking to do (kids all weekend) and I don't ever seem to get a day off cooking, which usually I don't mind too much.

Sorry I'm just a grump. :o

You are defo not a grump! Big hugs to you it does sound as if you are getting a little frazzled though;) :grouphug:, hope things get better for you soon!

Love
    Marion
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    evening!

a long day for me! am shattered but am going away for the weekend tomorrow (1 night but cant wait) so no doubt there will be a lot of temptation ahead!:rolleyes: :D
    Food today

B - spaghetti on toast(2 small 400g wholemeal)

L - tuna pasta salad, clementine

D - veggie stew, herby dumplings and mash

Snacks - 3 dried apricots, banana, 2 biscuits:eek: and a SW trifle.

think that takes me to my 5 a day.

hope you all have a lovely weekend !
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,967 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have fallen off the wagon big time & cannot get motivated at all :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bigsmoke
    Options
    evening everyone - newlywed, sorry to hear that you're feeling a bit ground down at the moment, hopefully you'll persuade your OH or the kids to give you a meal off sometime!
    mummygems - i know there are various calculators on the web that can tell you how many calories you should be eating but haven't been able to find one, will have a better look and come back to you.
    today for me:
    b - porridge
    l - bean salad w. toasted pita and tuna
    s - options hot choc
    t - fish pie w. ratatouille and salad
    lots of lemsips and soothers!
  • retiredlady
    Options
    Good morning everyone - it is the dreaded weekend, the time I normally struggle with the plan and undo all the good I have done in the week:mad::o.

Today will be different, I have girded my loins and my resolve!:p I won't promise about tomorrow yet - one day at a time!:rotfl:

So today I am going to have:

Breakfast - Not long out of bed so just going to have fruit and yogurt with my scan brans this morning (free + heb)

Lunch - Bacon and eggs with mushrooms and tomoatoes - free

afternoon snackies - optifit yogurt with berries

Dinner - Toad in the hole made with 3 low fat sausages and 227g jacket potato mashed (my portion will count as (5.5 syns plus 1 heb for the potato) served with carrots (free)

evening snack - home made cinnamon swirl scone - 10 syns

That will make a total of 15.5 syns

What do you think?

Love
    Marion
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure