PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 5. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• retiredlady
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Have fallen off the wagon big time & cannot get motivated at all :(

I'm sorry to hear that beanielou:grouphug: Do you know why or do you think you are just getting bored with it? Sometimes it helps to look back at your old posts and remember how you felt then and how hard you worked to achieve what you have lost so far;):think:

Love
    Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stayed the same at weigh in yesterday, hopefully there will be a loss next week, am being fairly careful but eating strangely...feel a little nauseous to-night for no apparent reason....have been to brother's and had glass of wine but that shouldn't do it...off to bed now, good luck all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Have been very absent of late because I just can't seem to fight off the demons, I think its work probs that are screwing with my plan because I am busy I miss breakfast, eat lunch late then end up eating all afternoon because I am not satisfied. I really need to get a handle on this before it spirals and also before all the treats start appearing in work.

So I know we are out tonight for a meal but I am vowing to be sensible and start back fresh today. Optimistic and happy that I am still 2 stone lighter than I was in May this year.

Well done to all the losers and positive thouts to those who are struggling.

Mummygems, I use the Dailyplate to count calories and there is a section on there that calculates what your intake should be based on your height, weight, age and activity. It also allows you to input any exercise you do which is a great motivator when you see 800 calories drop off your total after swimming for an hour :)

I am cooking today for Christmas but I have deliberately chosen to make fudge for my hamper baskets as I can't stand it :) no temptation there then

B: Porridge with skimmed milk and rasins

L: Tuna ciabatta roll

D: Some sort of vegetable curry and boiled rice, no naan or samosas :)

Have a great week all X
  • retiredlady
    Options
    Good morning, hope you are all well. I did good yesterday and managed to stick to plan although when my husband cracked open a bottle of wine I had to grit my teeth and force myself to say no:rotfl:! Felt very virtuous when I went to bed last night which was rather ruined when I got out of bed and had a sneaky weigh in on the scales. I don't seem to have lost anything at all:mad: I know my scales never match what they are at class but they normaly indicate a general trend in the right direction:mad:

Oh well, all I can do is carry on and have faith in the plan! Speaking of which here is todays:

Breakfast: 28gr puffed wheat with dried cranberries and milk (heb+2.5syns+hea)

morning snack - fresh fruit (free)

Lunch: Grilled tuna steak served on a mixed salad with balsamic spray (free) and a yogurt (free)

afternoon snack - scan bran cakes with cup of tea (half of heb+2 syns)

Dinner: Chicken Casserole (skinless chicken, swede, carrots and bn squash plus colmans mix) - (free + 2 syns) plus mincemeat cupcakes served warm with custard (other half of heb+8 syns)

Thats a total of 12 syns for the day. My first thought this morning was to almost eat nothing at all today but I know I would have got told off in class tomorrow morning if I did that so I am going to have my syns and my healthy extras and I will stick to the plan:jalthoough it is very very scary!!

Love
    Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • procrastinator
    Options
    Hi there
    Went out for the day on Sat to Portsmouth for the Victorian Xmas and had a great time, wasn't too good on the food front, took a cheese roll (tiger bread) and 2 clemintines and a couple of twinks. Also had 2 coffees (it was freezing and wet) and a chese and onion pasty. Did loads of walking. On my feet for over 5 hours. Did the tours of the Victory, Mary Rose and Warrior.

Today got up late and had cereal then went xmas shopping. Managed to buy myself a top for work do but was very disappointed that top half hasn't changed size. My new size 14 trousers fit great but my bottom was always bigger than my top but seems to have changed and I am still a 16 on top. Got peckish whilst out and had 2 packets of quavers and 2 dime bars. Feeling very guilty now. OH is cooking pies (Linda Macartney,) pots and peas for diner, by the smell should be ready any time soon. Will be eating oranges and apples for fruit. Not up to 5 a day this weekend so will make up for it next week.
    Off work next week want to get xmas sorted and needed to use up days before end of year.
    WL 11 st 5lb as at 050109. 160209 11st 2lb
    11st 5lb as at 20.04.09 11st 7lbs 040509 11st6 010609 I wish 2016 175 lbs.
    Family of 3 at home - , DS 22, self and OH
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    evening all!

have had 2 days off the wagon:eek: and have eaten loads I shouldn't have as we have been away for the weekend

here's how I succumbed!

sat - poached egg on toast(good:A )

L - veggie pasty and a cream doughnut:o

fruit and nut toblerone

d - vegetable korma, mushroom rice and half a naan bread

1 shortbread biscuit 4 mini choc digestives

sun

oatcake with mushrooms, toms, cheese and a poached egg after a bowl of crunchy nuts and also a slice brown toast

L - 1 veggie deli (Mc donalds) only ate half the roll, few fries

2 choccie cookies

D - cauliflower cheese, roasted vegetables, roasters

3 dried apricots.

Back on the wagon as of tomorrow.

Good luck to all those struggling
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I am pleased to say that our meal out was cancelled last minute so we ate at home meaning that I had control of what we ate :)

We ended up having SW wedges, baked beans and a dry fried egg with wholemeal bread and butter.

Very nice, I also had 3 squares of fudge as I have discovered that its actually shop-bought fudge I don't like, home-made is delish :(
  • ShelBell
    ShelBell Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    3lbs off for me this week :) am chuffed as that makes my BMI 30.0 so soooooooooooo close to being overweight!
    Weight loss to date - 8st 13lbs :j
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,
    Well I did get some time off - went up the chippy and had sausage and chips for saturday lunch :o It was good though - haven't had chips in ages and we had one (very) large portion of chips between 4 of us so not too much of a piggy.

However, have eaten loads this weekend, including choc chip cake, choc banana muffin, leibkuchen, biscuits and OH bought us a bag of minstrels so had them too :o

Anyway. Time to start again.

Food so far:
    B: oats, syrup and banana.
    L: HM minestrone soup (left from yesterday) and a small roll
    T: smoked river cobbler (fish) and veg of some sort.

Getting my hair done tonight (first time since July :eek:) so that should make me feel better tomorrow. ;)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

well done to ShellBel :T for a great loss! congrats on being nearly just overweight;) :D

Back on the wagon for me today

Here's what I think will be the menu for me today

B - soaked muesli(1)

clementines x 2 (1)

L - pasta n sauce thingy from cupboard

Banana(1)

D - quorn southern style strips, peas, salad and SW chips(2)

SW trifle

just about made my 5 today.

hope you all have a good day - good luck to those weighing in today!
    Do what you love :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport