PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 5. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• ispartacus75
    Options
    Hi all. Ive been off the thread for a few days as I have been rediculously busy. Tried to keep as best I could to my plan but didnt get the chance to do a whole lot of planned exercise. Managed to lose nearly 6lbs though so Im just 3.6lbs off 30st now.

Today
    • 2 rounds toast and coffee
    • Banana
    • Savoury rice with Tuna (its so damn delicious), tangerine
    • Crispy Bacon slice
    • Skinny Latte
    • Chilli and rice, Banana
    Congrats to anyone that has lost or maintained this week, and stay strong to those who have struggled over the past 7 days. Have a good day everyone and will hopefully see you tomorrow.
  • PurpleSkies
    Options
    So it's been a week since I decided to take weekly measurements due to my lack of scales and I'm pleased to report a 1cm loss from my waist and 2cm from the hips!
    I would have preferred it the other way round but I'm just glad its a loss really, especially after indulging in a few chocies and cakes! :eek:
  • ShelBell
    ShelBell Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    isparticus noticed you weren't about. glad you hadn't abandoned us! Congrats on a great loss.

Congrats purpleskies too, good inch loss!

Welldone taplady and newlywed for getting back on the wagon :clap:
    Weight loss to date - 8st 13lbs :j
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pleased to report a loss of 1 lb this week. Slowly but surely I will get there!

Love
    Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    well done to retiredlady!:T and purpleskies on the inchloss!:T
    I measured my inches when I started SW and my total when I got to target was 3 1/2 inches off my bust:eek: , 5 inches off my waist and 4 inches of my hips!:j
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • bigsmoke
    bigsmoke Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    hi everyone!

congrats on the losses shelbel, isparticus and purple skies - i'm very pleased to be able to say that i'm joining you this week, with 2.5lbs off!

really pleased, as i had a very quiet weekend so no booze or too many treats. i did actually have ice-cream for my lunch on saturday, with choc and peanut butter sauce, but i was poorly and i didn't have anything else (i know, that probably makes it worse!)

my flatmate and i have started a new 'plan' that we're going to try and stick to until christmas - it was in this month's 'zest' if anyone reads it? (if you don't, i'd highly recommend it. some of it is for proper fitties, but it's really motivational and all about being healthy rather than being thin!). basically it's about having a certain number of portions of protein, dairy, grain/starchy veg, fruit and fat every day. and there are excercises to do every day too. but only 18 mins worth.

will let you all know how i get on, of course :D
    today:
    b - porridge w. skimmed milk and sultanas
    l - tuna and veg pasta
    s - apple w. cheese
    s - banana before the gym
    t - rainbow trout w. small baked potato, veg and a poached egg. an orange for pud

high fives to everyone that's getting back on the wagon this morning, lets keep it up!

bs x
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    Sorry, just wanted to have post #2000!!
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is what I had had/will have today:

Breakfast - puffed wheat, milk and an apple (heb+hea+free)

Lunch - bacon & eggs with SW chips (heb+free+free)

Dinner - SW quorn chilli with vegetable rice (all free)

So I just have to sort out some syns for tonight and I am sorted!

Love
    Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Today had been OK so far even though I have grazed alot, calorie -wise I am on target and I've just had a big tea so I doubt I will want anything else.

B: 2 clementines and skinny latte

L: Spicy chickpea soup, 2 slices wholemeal bread

D: Wholemeal pasta with green pesto, peas, broccoli and a scrape of parmesan cheese

S: 1 small cadbury flake cake, 1 slice wholemeal with wholenut butter

I am gradually managing to wean myself back into eating sensibly after a shaky few weeks so I have to be careful that I don't let things slide. Someone is bringing in a tin of chocs for Christmas, they don't usually last more than 2 days though so maybe I should avoid the tea room until they are gone :o

Well done shelbel, isparticus, bigsmoke and purple skies on your losses, hope I can join you next weight in :)
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    well done bigsmoke:T

Floyd - glad you're back on track!:T

retiredlady - enjou your syns!;)
    Do what you love :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories