PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

August 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    th_GOODNIGHTKITTYBEARHEADERNOTATAG3333.jpg

good night all take care

KAAT xx
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• angelatgraceland
    Options
    Well Ive done ok this week-didnt realise until yesterday that Id had 4 NSDs. Went to Co-op to shop last night for essentials only. Found lots of online vouchers so went to Waitrose to spend some tonight so Im ok for a few days except for the odd thing-bread probably.
    Got out of the habit of vouchers but someone I know inspired me last night!
    So I may well be cancelling next Fridays online shop!

Hope Archie is ok-I had my last cat 16 yrs and they are such good friends who ask for little. My thoughts are wih you KAAT_LADY
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Money_saving_Diva_2
    Options
    gillaman wrote: »

NSD Wednesday. Yesterday I bought myself a very expensive (ha ha) treat - 4 floating Yankee candles at 89p each. Bought different perfumes as wanted to see what they were like and if they actually smelled nice whilst alight. If OK might get some for Christmas pressies.

Gillaman, congrats on a NSD on weds! I just wanted to say I absolutely adore Yankee candles and watch the shows on QVC avidly. My darling OH bought me a present of several small sampler candles so I could try new smells and they are fab! The scent is really rich and they burn very slowly so I think they are worth the extra few pennies. Was given a jar candle last year and burnt it all over christmas and thru jan and feb, it never seemed to burn down!

Diva.x
    To be frugal, you need to spend money wisely, simply spending less is not enough.
    If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.
  • Herewegoagain
    Herewegoagain Posts: 2,370 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hiya guys, not doing too good re waste, what with the fridge breaking down, waiting for a new one which should be picked up for us on sun:j :j :j

You forget what it was like before we had fridges eh:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wll I'm up to 6 NSD's so far and hope for another tomorrow, wish me luck, I have got to take mr to get his hair cut but thats out of another budget, but the forcast doesn't sound good:eek: :eek: which will save us money:rotfl: :rotfl:

HWGA xx
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • mumofjusttwo
    mumofjusttwo Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well had a NSD Wednesday,Thursday and Friday but need to get some bread and milk today.

I don't think I am doing to bad on the grocery budget. certainly better than last week.
    January Grocery 11/374
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    NSD yesterday :j & as far as I can tell only the milkman to pay today, but his money is already in the jar so technically not coming out of my purse :whistle:

The greenhouse has been pressed into action with a few iceberg seeds sown yesterday & some "meditteranian flavour" salad leaves hopefully joining them today.

Rubber chicken for dinner--not made up my mind any further than that...
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    good morning all
    I cant remember when I started this months GC,,will have to look back,, I think I have another week if so I will make it ,,my mind is a blur these days,,will have to put the BM on today as we are running out of bread

See ya soon

KAAT
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Was hoping for a NSD today but going to have to buy milk, hubby started eating breakfast and seems to be using pints at a time:eek:
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • SmileyS_2
    SmileyS_2 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    Today should be a NSD for me aswell,I have just bought off grabitnow an MP3 player for £4 odd but thats for my nephew and out of my xmas/birthday fund so not technically my budget iykwim
  • 4Moneysaver
    Options
    Just got back from Mr A; early morning shopping is SO much better than battling with the crowds later in the day. No whoopsies that I wanted so I just went for the special deals and have enough eggs, milk, bread (I think) and essentials to last until the end of the month. It'll just be a few bits of fruit from the market. I'm really pleased with myself. :D

I'm going to be making a big green lentil shephards pie for me and a mate tonight and she's bringing the beers so looking forward to a fun, cheap evening. :beer:

Hope everyone has a great day.
    It's up to me now and nobody else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills