PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

August 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• jediteacher
    jediteacher Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya jediteacher - I'm a junior doc - I would say if you want info on your grandpa, what you need to do is ask the nurses to gain his consent to share the info with you - otherwise they can't say anything! Once his consent is documented in the notes you might find things over the phone a bit easier! We don't keep tight lipped to be difficult, just to respect peoples privacy :)

P.s. There should be a junior doctor on the ward all the time - ward rounds are generally morning and afternoon if needed but theres always a junior floating around doing bloods etc all day. Just need to find them!

L xx

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go. The hospital he's in is not good at giving information - my brother use to work there! But, it's nice of you to give this info as wasn't aware that there was a way round getting info on the phone. :A
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
  • SavvyStudent_2
    Options
    No I understand - it's horrible trying to communicate with medical folk sometimes. I think nurses etc forget that relatives are generally worried and underinformed! Persist. Every ward works in a different way, but I've get to be on one where relatives have had an easy time :( I try to help lol! There are ways around the major obstacles, but its really important that you've got documented consent otherwise they'd be breeching confidentiality (seems silly when its your grandpa but I guess the rules apply to everybody!). Good luck! Lxx
  • jackiegibbo
    Options
    hI EVERYONE BEEN ON HOLIDAY IN SCOTLAND FOR A FEW DAYS AND NOT BEEN NEAR MY COMP HAVE LOADS OF POSTS TO READ UP ON.hOPE EVERYONE IS WELL AND DOING WELL WITH THEIR CHALLENGES:beer:
  • carolt2
    carolt2 Posts: 854 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening everyone, just thought i would share......

Used my new slow cooker today. Made a nice lamb and vegetable stew and OH thought it was "fab".
    Made enough for 4 portions, OH ate 2 all to himself and the rest was shared between me and my mum.

A NSD to report here.

KAAT_LADY.... Hope Archie is ok.
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
  • Mrs_Money_Penny
    Options
    Evening everyone.

KAAT LADY thinking of you. I have two cats myself so I know how you must be feeling.

Well a no spend day today. Have shepherds pie tonight for tea. I am going to meal plan for the next week.

Read on the internet that there is going to be a price war on milk down to 25p. So we'll have to look out for this. I did get peppers last night in Asda at 50p each.

Have a good evening everyone.
    2024 Decluttering 4504 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another NSD for me today, but I need bananas, mayonnaise and something in the line of protein for dinner on Sunday...probably be 12 of us I think, so will see if I can get a 'cheapish' salmon, have lots of veg, but will need potatoes...

Good luck all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Alexelisey
    Alexelisey Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    I just got a few days shopping at Mr M - no whoopsies but I spent less than £15. I've updated my sig. I was good though and just bought one huge potato for Sunday's roasties, a tin of carrots and a piece of leg of lamb (which was £3.80). It all fit in one of my Wilko bags which amused me. I also bought more value chocolate and am going to make myself some cereal bars or bites over the weekend.

Hope everyone's okay! (((hugs)))
    "...And if it don't feel good, what are you doing it for?" - Robbie Williams - 'Candy'
  • nickynoo08
    nickynoo08 Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya just a quick update,

had to stock up on milk yesterday so spent £3.40. will update sig later.
    So far so good for this month tho. fingers crossed i'll be well under budget this month:D
    £387.39/£196.46
    Pay my debt by End of Feb 2022
    49.28% paid!

£199.55/£500 savings by End of April 2022
    39.91% saved!

Make £2022 in 2022 - £20
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone - have updated my total with what I bought in Asda this morning. Only needed Milk & Cheese but as we were going off with a picnic after shopping, we thought we would check out the Whoopsies, got a punnet of Blueberries Whoopsied from £1.91 to 50p and a punnet of Strawberries Whoopsied from £2.18 to 60p.:j Also thought I'd mention that Milk is £1.00 for 4 pints until Sunday and got Cathedral City Strong Cheddar 400g for £2, picked up 4 packs as we use a lot of cheese in this house. Also picked up a few other bits while we were there, that's the trouble when you have the kids with you.;)

Anyway, our Cycle ride out was great as the weather was so nice today for a change and our picnic was even better with the addition of the Whoopsied fruit.:D

Dinner tonight was Fish, HM chips and Mushy peas - our usual Friday night as I like to have a day off from cooking from scratch.;) Pudding was the remainder of the Jaffa Cake Pud that we had last night, as there are only 4 of us and always get 8 slices from it.

Enjoy the rest of the night everyone.
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• newmoneysaver_2
    Options
    Jusr seen this on hotukdeals and thoght it might be interesting to the peps on here:

50p deals at ASDA this weekend:
    -2 pints of milk
    -250g mince
    -white bloomer
    -garlic baguette
    -8 pork sausages
    -250g cherry tomatos
    -1 litre smooth OJ
    -4 baking potatoes
    -200g iceberg lettuce (pack)
    - 6 smart price eggs
    - 2 pack sweetcorn