PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• dink1
    dink1 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed the last couple of weeks have been away on my hols. Hope every one is ok, will tot up final for last month and let angel nikki know. and then set an amount for the rest of this month. Dink1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
  • *BigBird*
    *BigBird* Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    Options
    galadriel wrote: »
    Another Yankee Candle fan here. I like the tarts.
    I love these too :D Got a Granny Smith "flavour" one going in the lounge ATM and it smells delicious.

Angelnikki, can I increase my budget for August to £350, pretty please? I'm going to run the August challenge to 31st and start with calendar months from September. Suspect I will probably be a little over as I have to take cakes to work on 1st September cos it's my birthday (well, it's actually the week before but I have that week off work :p) I plan to make my own as a change from the usual stuff people bring in, but will need to buy ingredients to make them all on the Sunday, which is still in August :o I am hopeful for a good GC month in September tho as I have loads of stuff in the cupboards and freezer, so shouldn't need to buy a great deal.

Quick question. I want to make a blackberry and apple crumble tomorrow, using the blackberries I've been picking in the fields near work :D I copied down a recipe for apple crumble that was on here (sorry, can't rememeber who posted it) which required 450g apples. Do I just replace some of the apples with blackberries, weight for weight, so that overall I have 450g of fruit?
    You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change.
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    archie.jpg

i'm so sorry to hear that Kaat Lady aka ann
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    well been babaysitting all day and am doing some more monday, means OH and i get some extra honeymoon spends so am happy to help my friend out.

been a nsd and have a pot of soup on the go for dinner.

i think my mum has secretly been reading the boards as she was AMAZING today, she's been saving her tesco points vouchers for the last 18 months towards wedding food. now before bogoffs it was £282, take off £4.84, then her discount, of about £27, then after using her vouchers she only had to pay....

.......£30.21 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ok it means they spent a lot over the last year and a half :p but WOW what a saving!!!!!

ioiwe
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    HI angel nikki /mrs mc
    sorry i haven t been on this month a family member has been really poorly so i don t know who s doing what.
    can i please be put down for £375 for this month please .
    I ve already spent some of this but got 2kg of quality mince and 2 chickens included in it so lots of meals can come out of these .
    Other half has been made redundant so its even more important to stick to it this month
    wish me luck
    TTFN
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • Keeping_Positive
    Options
    Well just blown the budget £216 spent £200 budgeted. There were some extras that will be used next month so not all is lost. Hopefully just another £10 until friday when there is a week off for the holiday and separate budget.

Considering I used to spend £400 a month (2 adults 3 small kids and a cat) I am so happy I have found this thread :A it has really helped.:j .
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • gsysezz
    gsysezz Posts: 557 Forumite
    Options
    This is my first proper month following this thread and I seem to have levelled out at £60 - 70 per week without much too effort. A good start as we were spending about 100. Plus it's the Summer holidays so extra very hungry children passing through. Normally it's 2 adults and a very fussy DS. Plus food here is about 10 - 20% more expensive than the mainland. I feel it's a good start.

The main problem I have is buying whoopsied meat. I just can't help myself as it's cheap. But then I open it and it just doesn't seem quite right. I've decided it's a false economy and am going to buy from my local butcher on an as needed basis.

I haven't factored in the Dog as she's a naturally huge lab who needs diet food. if I feed her anything else she expands before my very eyes.
    Toxic & Tired - Starting 2010 afresh :beer:
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    We so feel for you Kaat-Lady-that has brought tears to my eyes. As I was once told though-its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.((big hugs))
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Here is the item Im referring to Chell:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1088591
    http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Nestle-PicaPac/10004011?parentContainer=%7C3%7C3620%7C2211%7C300

The second link shows a pic. Make sure it says "up to £2 worth of vouchers" on the cellophane packaging.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • carolt2
    carolt2 Posts: 854 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Am so sorry KAAT_LADY:grouphug: :grouphug: .

Popped to Mr T today, was an unplanned shop but stocked up on more fresh F+V. Total spend £16.50.
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure