PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• perrywinkle
    Options
    Hi all,

Kaat_Lady Ann - so sorry to hear about Archie

No spend today on grocery challenge - did manage to spend far too much on other things - trying not to think about it! Bought some things from Mr A yesterday so have updated signature.

Nite, nite
    Perrywinkle
  • Blairweech
    Blairweech Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My Tesco shop arrived (half an hour early!!), came to £30.63, including delivery. I sent back all the subs, so that took it down to £26.19...but then, the lure of tesco was just too much, so I went to the store, picked up what I should have had plus a few RTC, spent £4.80, bringing my total to £38.16 so far this month. Have updated sig.

Tomorrow, I am planning on making (and freezing)
    • Chilli
    • Goulash
    • Pork, apple and cider casserole
    • Thai chicken curry
    I also need to blanch and freeze some runner beans, RTC carrots and RTC fine beans.

Pink princess - Sorry about your DH's redundancy
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
  • busy_mum_4
    Options
    Phew,I have only just finished reading August posts. There are so many and we were so busy at the end of July beginning of Aug that I didn't start reading until a few days into August.
    Angelnikki sorry but I have not given a G/C amount this month as it is school hols and I don't think I would cope. I will try and join in again in Sep.
    Asda have put there lemon curd back up in price now so glad I bought two jars when it was on offer.
    :j Bye for now all
    Thoughts to Katt Lady XX
    :hello: JULY G/C £50 WEEK

WEEK 1 = £69.50 :eek:

WEEK 2 = £60.83:eek:
    Week 3 :mad: £72.05 :mad:
  • Herewegoagain
    Options
    So sad Kaat, at least he's at rest hon, my thoughts are with you love and hugs :A
    HWGA xx
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • kazmeister
    kazmeister Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oops went and bought some more bargains to stock the freezer and cupboards which we didnt really need so now spends up to £190.23, but they were real bargains :o . 8 tins heinz beans at 25p, 5 tinned chopped tomatoes at 19p, 5 Elmlea double cream at 39p, 3 (max allowed) butter at 49p, 3 pieces red leicester cheese at 84p, then 3 packs meatballs for the freezer reduced from 2.49 to 1.86 each plus an additional 98p off as originally 2 x £4.00, plus sausages, chipolatas, chicken breasts, beefburgers and pork steaks from butchers.

Still cant stop buying bargains :o
    Mortgage, we're getting there with the end in sight £6587 07/23, otherwise free of the debt thanks to MSE help!
  • Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

I've had to buy a few bits today, just to keep us fed until we go on holiday on thursday :j I spent £15.26 in the co op, mainly topping up fruit supplies for DD :rolleyes: . I still have £2.39 of my budget left which should buy some milk & bread to put in the freezer for when we come back.

I havent yet worked out how we'll manage for the 29th, 30th & 31st but as I have £9.00 of clubcard vouchers would it be cheating to use these ?

lula x
  • Herewegoagain
    Options
    Hiya guys,

Went to Lidl's and mr m's and spent £15.15, hope we get the promised fridge tomorrow as this is working out dearer:eek: :eek: :eek: Will update my sig in a min and aim for a NSD tomorrow :money:

It's the carnival :j next wed 20ith and mr want's to go down the beach to see the red arrows, :D I'm praying for good weather so that he can and will need to keep some cash back for his treats, bless him.:D
    HWGA xx
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm not having a good month :o New week started Friday.

Grocery budget = £90.78/£60 (but full cupboard, fridge & freezer):o
    Travel Budget = £17.85/£30 (but 2 weeks of the hols left!)

Extras (clothing etc) : £111.95:o

Next month should be better, once DD is back at school and I can get my time management and shopping habits back into a routine.
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • Money_saving_Diva_2
    Options
    Kaat - I am so sorry. They really are a part of the family.

Ok, NSD for me but my OH insisted on buying 5 cans of cola for £1 in the Farmers freezer place he sometimes passes. He takes two a night to his DJing gigs to save him having to buy coke there. Keeping all the receipts this month has really helped and I have a good idea how much I want to budget for next month now.

Hope everyone survived the stair rod rain today... it hasn't stopped for 24hrs here!

Diva. x
    To be frugal, you need to spend money wisely, simply spending less is not enough.
    If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.
  • ZoeGirl_3
    ZoeGirl_3 Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    I have $10 left for the month, so it is lucky I have stocked up on some veges for freezer and have masses of pumpkin, carrot, parsnip etc as well as apples and some bananas to carry me through. I will have to spend the $10 on fruit and vege no doubt. Have been trying really hard to get above the 5 a day recommended here, and still stick to my budget...

Have looked through cupboard and still well stocked, but have a can of pumpkin soup, anyone have any ideas? I don't like it as soup, and picked it up free in a mystery box thing I did a month or two ago. Tin of green beans too, that I don't know what to do with.

If you want to use up breadcrumbs try this
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=13415887#post13415887
    "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without!!"
    Nov NSD: ?/30 Nov Make 10 Day ?/300
    Get Rid Of Debt: ?/2000 !! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts