We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cheapest Home Phones Article Discussion

1…99100102104105…114

Comments

  • ravmania
    ravmania Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hi Becca,

    I've tried Chrome and Safar on my Mac and iPad. I've also tried Opera on my phone and IE on the wife's laptop. :-(

    Rav
  • ravmania wrote: »
    Hi Becca,

    I've tried Chrome and Safar on my Mac and iPad. I've also tried Opera on my phone and IE on the wife's laptop. :-(

    Rav

    I don't think the link will work on mobile devices, but it should work on a laptop or Mac. Please try using this link and let me know if you have any further issues: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/redir/9f3c8c37

    Many thanks,
    MSE Becca
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,459 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    BT have stopped the £5.15 anytime package for newbies and replaced it with a £7 one. (the old A/T+)

    Also there are no 1p per minute calls for newbies either, now 9p per minute all day/night and a 15p set-up rate. So 24p for a minute call!



    Sky are following @ 8.4p / 13.97p



    Why have these changes slipped in without much press!
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    I have posted this before but no luck, so trying again..................

    Which reliable company offers the most competitive all-round package i.e. BB, line rental, anytime calls to UK Nos.?
    I only use mobile on PAYG so that is irrelevant.

    I have looked myself but it is so confusing with half price this and 9 months free there etc.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,246 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Primus, Plusnet
  • I_luv_cats wrote: »
    BT have stopped the £5.15 anytime package for newbies and replaced it with a £7 one. (the old A/T+)

    Also there are no 1p per minute calls for newbies either, now 9p per minute all day/night and a 15p set-up rate. So 24p for a minute call!

    Sky are following @ 8.4p / 13.97p

    Why have these changes slipped in without much press!



    Hi I Luv Cats, thanks for flagging the price increases - I have now updated our guide :)

    Many thanks,
    MSE Becca
  • xyz123
    xyz123 Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    buglawton wrote: »
    Primus

    be careful when choosing these guys. There is a reason they were removed from MSE cheapest home providers list. their customer service and communication is absolutely appaling.
  • OldGreyFox
    OldGreyFox Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    MSE_Becca wrote: »
    Hi I Luv Cats, thanks for flagging the price increases - I have now updated our guide :)

    Many thanks,
    MSE Becca


    'Unlimited Weekend Plan' is now 'Unlimited Weekend Calls' at same line rental, but inland calls up to 9p/min with 15p call set-up (from 8.41p and 13.87p), UK mobile all now 12p/min (from 11.3p). 'Unlimited Weekend and Evening Calls' rental down to £2/month (from £3.30) but paid call prices up per previously. 'Unlimited Anytime Calls' rental up to £7/month (from £5.15) but is now effectively the old 'Unlimited Anytime Plan Plus' that was £8/month and has UK mobile calls at 6p/min. So there is a saving if calling UK mobiles for more than 30 minutes a month. Minimum 12 month contract. No changes to line rental or international calls. As far as I understand, existing customers will need to change plans to get the new prices, if they are a saving."
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    xyz123 wrote: »
    be careful when choosing these guys. There is a reason they were removed from MSE cheapest home providers list. their customer service and communication is absolutely appaling.
    I was one of the original Primus BB customers and will not touch them again with the proverbial bargepole !!! Apalling customer service and accouunting.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.