Software4students

Options

Comments

• DatabaseError
    DatabaseError Posts: 4,161 Forumite
    edited 6 December 2009 at 4:49PM
    Options
    S4S...that may be the way you read it, but I read it slightly differently. I (as a punter) read status description as a description of the 3 states the status message can show, processing, dispatched or validating. As my status shows dispatched , and dispached says " Your order has been dispatched.Standard delivery is 3-5 working days" I kinda assumed that was the case. Perhaps I'm unusual in this belief (please, others tell me if I am), but it is a little confusing, a little like me telling my children it's tea-time..then when they go to sit down explaining to them that "it's teatime" only means I've thought about visiting the shops..I've not actually bought..or cooked anything"

Your reply to me suggests that their are 3 stages..
    1. Process the order (take the money)
    2. Dispatch (send)
    3. Validate... though "(If your current status is "Dispatched" then your order has successfully been validated)" suggests that I've been through the 1st and 3rd step..so dispatched means.....er.....my head hurts...I've read 1984 but never really did come to terms with doublespeak - but I promise to keep practising :(

To me, the simple solution is to say "yes, dispatched is misleading, your order should have remained at processing for the last 3 weeks+...we should have even sent e-mails weekly informing you of the extended delay and apologising for it"", it would be honest, and simple, and I'd respect you, as a company, far more for admitting the failing.
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • Murdoc187
    Murdoc187 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 7 December 2009 at 1:29PM
    Options
    phatbear wrote: »
    Well almost a month on I finally got my copy of Win 7.

What version of Windows 7 did you order?

**EDIT**

Win 7 Pro 64Bit just turned up... 1 month and 2 days after ordering.
  • DatabaseError
    Options
    mine also turned up today - 7 pro x64

now to do the last bit of backing up and a clean install (running 7 beta, cba installing xp or vista 1st..though I DO have them)
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • Comfortably_Numb
    Options
    S4S Support

Thank you for explaining what is happening. I am one of those awaiting Windows 7 Pro. From your post above, it suggests it will have been sent out on the 4th. Am I correct in that thinking?

What I am asking, is are all pre orders now in the post?
  • Oneday77
    Oneday77 Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now please excuse me for asking this. However S4S has caused a lot of people a lot of agrivation and worry over whether they have lost money on products that will never arrive. I ordered my products on the 24th of October and they turned up a month later. I didn't hear about the mess up till 3 weeks into the situation. Then your saying there were more issues for later orders. What exactly has S4S done to appease the customers that they have upset? An appology 7 weeks after the first spate of bad orders, whilst admirable, is a little too late.
    New PV club member. 3.99kW system. Solar Edge with 14 x 285W JA Solar panels. 55° West from south and 35° pitch.
  • gompertz
    Options
    @ S4S Support - many thanks for posting here. I'm glad you've finally found the time to give out a proper update in between tweeting about football.

By the way - "members" or customers? I didn't realise it was a club.
  • Comfortably_Numb
    Options
    My copy of Windows 7 Pro arrived today, and is up and running.

Despite the delay I'm very happy. I will use this company again.
  • Oneday77
    Oneday77 Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gofast wrote: »
    my order was also delayed due to the royal mail strike, they apologised then, and gave a new delivery date, I recieved it on the 19th as did you. What are you expecting a free laptop with your £35 version of M$ Office? I've used them before and would use the service again and recommend it to other parents.
    Tbh I wanted a 200ft Yacht and free fuel to sail the world DOH!!:j:rolleyes:
    I would happily shop with them again and if you check several posts I have recommended them. For the record it was £35 Office and £60 Win7 Ultimate. I just thought it would have been a nice gesture to maybe offer one-off 5-10% voucher codes or something similar, only valid against the previously registered accounts to stop people from passing them on.
    The real issue was the delay in consumers not being informed in a timely manner regarding the issues & the misleading information other people were being fed.
    New PV club member. 3.99kW system. Solar Edge with 14 x 285W JA Solar panels. 55° West from south and 35° pitch.
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As a "victim" of this situation im not really interested in 5% or 10% off the next purchase.

This situation has'nt put me off of the company but for future purchases I wont be in a hurry to recieve the item.

Hopefully the one thing that may come from this is S4S learning to communicate with their customers rather than sending non descript emails and projected dates for delivery
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • alwaysskint96
    Options
    Well I am STILL waiting for my copy of Win 7 Pro- if its not here by Monday i will have to chase them again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure