Virgin Media Retention thread

Options

Comments

• Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bit miffed that VM have removed the free connections through 118180. When I renegotiated my contract this was a big selling point as we make a few calls per month but not enough to warrent the full calls package. I have been using it very successfully for a few months.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • fayraz
    fayraz Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rang Virgin to cancel my TV because I am going to Sky and after a few days called me back and offered me:

M+ TV with Tivo
    M phone
    152MB broadband

£37.99 per month

Any good?
  • den169
    den169 Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    I cancelled last monday had a few calls offering very little,Then got offered 50mb bb xl tv weekend calls for £35 so happy with that i will pay the line rental upfront and get it down to £30 a month i also took there £5 sim with unlimited calls and texts,That makes up for losing xxl phone.
  • Gram1
    Gram1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    XL tv
    50MB BB
    Talk weekends
    1TB TiVo
    V+HD box
    Sky Movies HD
    Sky Sports HD

£58.99 for 6 months, £63.99 for 6 months
  • highstx
    highstx Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Im currently on

30MB Fibre
    TV M+
    Phone M
    £45.49

Im contemplating just keeping the broadband and getting rid of the TV and PHONE, as i don't watch any live broadcasted tv any more, either download or on demand which means i can get rid of the TV Licence too.

After calling them up and telling them the above, they offered me 100MB , Basic TV and Phone for £37.99. Thinking of still just getting rid. 100MB on its own is £31.50 BTW.
  • highstx
    highstx Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Just called back and dropped everything to broadband only, which is £26.50 with no contract, however they offered me £21.50 per month if i keep line rental and for 12 months, so decided to go with that. £21.50 includes the line rental .

highstx wrote: »
    Im currently on

30MB Fibre
    TV M+
    Phone M
    £45.49

Im contemplating just keeping the broadband and getting rid of the TV and PHONE, as i don't watch any live broadcasted tv any more, either download or on demand which means i can get rid of the TV Licence too.

After calling them up and telling them the above, they offered me 100MB , Basic TV and Phone for £37.99. Thinking of still just getting rid. 100MB on its own is £31.50 BTW.
  • simpywimpy
    simpywimpy Posts: 2,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I recently signed up for the EE deal which involves having a BT line installed. On BT contacting Virgin for the line they have called me offering to drop the cost of my broadband/landline package which is currently £30.
    First they dropped to £15, then £13 and when I read them my EE offer, they have dropped to....£9.50pm incl 50mb broadband and their new superhub 2. Landline has weekend free calls (which I dont use anyway)
  • Springy
    Springy Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    I thought I give my experience on retention.

I have XL TV, L BB (50MB) and M phone and I was paying £52 a month but lost my £12 loyalty discount so my bill was going to go up to £64 a month. Gave virgin a phone, didn't do too much and got the bill down to £49. I paid the line rental straight up and therefore got the bill down to £46 a month.

I also got a new TiVo 500GB box and a SH2.

It is not as good as den169 £30 which is amazing but it is slightly better than BT which is what I would have changed to, so I am happy for now :)
  • jenand8285
    jenand8285 Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    Apologies if this has already been covered in the thread but here goes.

I wish to cancel my Virgin Media contract but I have only been with them since October 2013!!

When they put the prices up by £4ish a month earlier this year I did see an options to cancel but I do not know if this applied to all customers or just ones out of the contract period.

So my question is will I be able to use this to cancel?? The increase is almost 10% of the monthly cost, so is considerably high.

I have a unused TiVo box and only watch channels that would be on Freeview so it is just a waste of £46.00 per month IMO.

Will I be able to cancel?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jenand8285 wrote: »
    Will I be able to cancel?
    Only after your minimum term has concluded. You cannot cancel on the basis of a price rise earlier this year, you had to cancel at the time the price rise was announced.
    If you cancel now, Virgin will impose an Early Termination of Contract (ETC) fee on you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure