Recycle Old Mobiles: No-hassle way to maximise the cash Discussion Area

edited 15 June 2010 at 2:42PM in Mobiles
314 replies 87.1K views

Replies

• hi
    iv just requested a jiffy bag from mobile ohone xhange.i took the offer of a debenhams gift card for my nokia.havnt sentnmy phone in yet but just waiting for to be sent.Has any1 tried getting a gift card.i chose it as it offers more money.this is my first time recyling a phone.please could you help
    regards
  • I_luv_catsI_luv_cats Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/trade-in

I suggest (based on my experience) people consider Carphone Warehouse Trade In service (Recycling) as you can take your mobile phone in to one of their stores and get paid immediately via your credit / debit card. (saves the worry of posting etc.)

But do at least check MSE (below) to finally compare quotes.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/mobile-recycling

• I_luv_catsI_luv_cats Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The money cleared in my bank account today (Wed) after trading in/Recycling @ CPW instore on Monday, so that's good news!!!

I dreaded the potential pitfalls of doing it online/postal.
  • weird i used the comparison on this site well tried to and my xperia s didnt come up its only 6 monhs old
    What goes around-comes around
  • Hi
    has anyone used a company called Recycleurphone? I found them on Topcashback.com.
    Sent phone to them on 21st Dec, they have told me twice that the money will be in my account within 3 days, but still waiting!
    Does anyone know if there is an independent body I can complain to?
  • mooniekel wrote: »
    Hi
    has anyone used a company called Recycleurphone? I found them on Topcashback.com.
    Sent phone to them on 21st Dec, they have told me twice that the money will be in my account within 3 days, but still waiting!

Hi,I also sent a phone off to them last October using Quidco. Didn't hear a thing from them for a couple of weeks. I tried contacting them via email and via telephone but no response. I complained to Quidco, deleted my bank details on their website. Then,about 4 weeks ago the payment went into my bank :o

Go figure:)

Hope this helps
  • dali21dali21 Forumite
    146 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    mooniekel wrote: »
    Hi

I sent a phone to Recycleurphone on 17 January. I've had no updates from them but contacted them by email to which they replied. They claim that my phone was received 28 January and that they have processed payment. I haven't received the payment yet despite having faster payments.

Be interested to know if you receive your payment soon.
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Forumite
    7.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    anyone used orange recycle and reward any feedback?
    What goes around-comes around
  • gabbyevs wrote: »
    anyone used orange recycle and reward any feedback?

Most of, if not all of the mobile network recyclers that are online are not run by the Networks themselves, they are simply white label websites of some of the UKs large recycle/refurb firms.

Orange recycle is run by regenersis and O2 is run by o2recycle. I would say these companies are better to trust than some of the others you find because they have to maintain a good reputation to retain the contracts with the networks.

I've used cash4phones before and they lower my quote on 2 phones, one of which was totally fine and boxed. Before using any companies I would check out reviews on trustpilot or review centre.
  • kjo81kjo81 Forumite
    1 Post
    I have just tried to recycle an iPhone 4 using cash4phones.com and am very annoyed and disappointed with them. On the website I was initially told the phone was worth £141, but when they received it, they emailed me to say it was 'damaged' and only worth £49! It is not damaged at all and is fully functional. I have now also had to pay £8.95 to reject their offer! Let's just hope they do actually send the phone back to me.
    Has anyone else experienced the same from this company? Is there any way of redeeming the £8.95 rejection payment, do you know?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Mortgage rates

What can you (or should you) do?

MSE News

Train strikes

Your refund rights explained

MSE News