We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low Carb Diet (atkins)

Options

Comments

• needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sazbo wrote: »
    not really hun coz GI is a way of ranking carbohydrates according to how rapidly they impact blood glucose... so a lower GI food like wholewheat spaghetti might affect blood sugar less rapidly than white rice, but both are still high in terms of carb content... lol if that makes any sense?

Sxx

Yes makes sense thanks, I've got information overload and OH is bored with my ramblings, advice and telling him what's NOT good for him. Left to his own devices he'd live on beans, fry ups and sweets and chocolate :eek::eek:
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• ~daisy~_2
    ~daisy~_2 Posts: 2,566 Forumite
    Options
    TMI alert - as mentioned i drink black decaf tea but in a big half litre beaker
    ive had 6 today so 3 litres -yet my pee is really yellow like morning pee
    i thought if you had clear fluids it counted towards your water - no water today as no exercise and too cold

so bit confused really
    :j MFi3 wannabee :j
    mortgage owing 04.07 £36,000
    mortgage owing 07.10 £0 !!!!
  • suemagoo
    suemagoo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Options
    Hello to all you new people havn't been on my lap top for 2 days and i cant beleive how many new threads since i last looked ,are you all on line at work? I decided to give the lowcarbing a rest this week as felt cold and miserable thats only lasted 2 days calorie counting was so boring and i felt hungry all the time . Got back on form today and feel a wee bit better .Always have been hooked on weighing myself a lot cant see it can hurt there worse things to be addicted to have even weighed in middle of the night and hubbie saw me on the scales had to pretend i was trying to stand on scales to reach bathroom window how sad :confused:
  • suemagoo
    suemagoo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Options
    By the way i also sat up to 3 in the morning reading all the treads when i first found this site (Bit of a insomniac)
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    needmoney thats why we say pick one of the plans cos u will go into overload if u try and combine them all and what one says the other doesnt so adds to the confusion and thats all we need!!!!

sue i dont work cos i have a bad back i just come and go off the laptop and add things when i feel like it.. lol at on scales at night

daisy some people say that any liquids count, others discount that so who kjnows what is right... as for yellow pee thats probably cos u are in ketosis.. YAYYYY

x
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    suemagoo wrote: »
    i cant beleive how many new threads since i last looked ,are you all on line at work?

guilty as charged:o don't tell the boss:D glad you're feeling a bit better today sue xx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    shykins wrote: »
    have had more than enough cheese and pate today .. ideas please??!!
    x

erm... pork scratchings? :D

Sxx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • ~daisy~_2
    Options
    shykins wrote: »
    daisy some people say that any liquids count, others discount that so who kjnows what is right... as for yellow pee thats probably cos u are in ketosis.. YAYYYY

x

ohhh might have to go and do a pee stick ......just out of curiosity you understand :o
  • ~daisy~_2
    Options
    im just on a posting frenzy as still thrilled with being back online properly :D
  • newish2this
    Options
    Wow, I only went shopping and this thread has grown by another 10 meters:eek:

Shykins, glad you enjoyed your chips:). How about for an omlette (or am I too late now and you've found something to eat)? I love omlette at any time of day:D . I forgot about the hunger bit on atkins. I started back on induction a week last monday and I was absolutely ravenous all last Thursday and eating omlette at 23.45!!!!!!!;)

My meal plan;
    B- scrambled egg and mushrooms
    L- Ham omlette
    S- Cottage pie (topped with cauliflower instead of potatoe).

And lots of water and decaf coffee
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.:whistle:

My way is Atkins;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family