MSE Parents Club Part 3

Options

Comments

• keelykat
    keelykat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    emlou2009 wrote: »
    OH is really getting to me at the moment, he keeps telling me that we have to find someone to watch LO while we go for a meal, go to the beach, go to thorpe park etc! i'm finding it really annoying that he seems to want to palm our poor little man off on someone while we go off somewhere :mad: i dont know what he is expecting, we dont have any money and i just dont want to! when he is a little older and easier for other people to look after then i will consider it, but not before! i tell him this and he says we need to have our own time as a couple :confused:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

i know it doesnt sound like a huge deal but we have the same darn conversation every ruddy day and its really starting to get on my nerves!

I understand completely.... i haven't had my Oh doing this, but other people keep offering to have Elliot, but i don't want them to have him yet!
    Mommy to Elliot (5) and Lewis (born xmas eve 11!)
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Caz - MW told me they drink more often but less because they only want the foremilk... When it's hot or they get hot (which I guess they will if they are poorly and have a temperature) they want more foremilk so tend to only drink till it's gone and not draw the hind milk down - then an hour later they want more because they're thirsty... Does that make sense? :confused:
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    Options
    thanks mrs t but she was on for hours lol! everytime i put her down she screamed until i put her back on? she has eventually fell asleep but i feel exhausted with all the feeding and screaming!! i could actually feel my boobs filling up at one point as she fed and she just guzzled away and then fell asleep?

pmsl scruffy dont know how that happend? hope el is ok usually its more hurt feelings than anything else!
    What's for you won't go past you
  • ladybirdintheuk
    ladybirdintheuk Posts: 2,825 Forumite
    Options
    Scruffy that must have been scary for you!

Caz - I hoe you got to put erin down in the end. Have you tried feeding her lying down? I do that sometimes is Izzy is being a pickle during the day - weed lying down on our bed, then when she falls asleep I can either join her, or get up and sneak out without her noticing ;)
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    morning all!

have you seen this about food at school fetes?

interesting times we live in!

got some more DIY and gardening planned today.... wish me luck! I might give you updates to give myself a bit of motivation! :)

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • BrunoM
    BrunoM Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I dropped Elijah at only 2 months :/ not a big huge drop luckily... I went to pick up his moses basket and fumbled one of the handles, so just lifted one side and kind of flipped him out of it onto the floor from about a foot in the air or so. He was so very unamused.

He slept through for the first time this morning!! :j
    Well technically he has done it twice in the past, but not for at least 2-3 months, so hoping this could be a sign of things to come. He slept from 7.30pm-6am uninterrupted, and he wasn't even desperately hungry when he woke either. This also hopefully means his reflux is bothering him less and less!
  • Fritha_2
    Fritha_2 Posts: 1,447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Caz, she's three months isn't she? They have a massive growth spurt at three months so it could be that! Just leave her on as much as you can and it should pass fairly quickly.
    Comping, freebieing and trying to pay the mortgage off early!
  • lwcus78
    lwcus78 Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    BrunoM wrote: »

He slept through for the first time this morning!! :j
    Well technically he has done it twice in the past, but not for at least 2-3 months, so hoping this could be a sign of things to come. He slept from 7.30pm-6am uninterrupted, and he wasn't even desperately hungry when he woke either. This also hopefully means his reflux is bothering him less and less!

Well done Elijah!!:j
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    Options
    thanks guys, we have actually left him with my nan before to go to the cinema but she's in her 80's and goes to bed at half 9 so i feel harsh for asking. i've left him with her in the day to do things like shopping and getting the MOT done so its not that i cant leave him. i'm the first of our friends to actually have a baby so nobody else would know what they're doing and as our parents live 40 miles away in opposite directions we couldnt use them as babysitters :(

scruff, i dropped seth at 5 weeks, only about 6 inches onto the sofa though lol. the HV told me not to worry if i did cos everyone does it!!!

good luck with the gardening weezl :)

do you think i should try giving seth cool boiled water in this weather? he seems to be a very damp sweaty grumpy baby with this heat. i know you guys give them water if they're constipated and he isnt, it wouldnt give him the runs would it?
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

DD (born January 2012)
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    How would you feel about expressing less and breastfeeding more? LO is getting the hang of it, if you kept doing some it would mean you could still give a bottle (or ask OH to do so), and you'd still have the evidence that you are producing milk (other than a gorgeous healthy baby).

I take my hat off to you. I could express as well as feed, but there is no way I could have kept doing it the way you have.

And I second everything MFD said. You are doing a good job. Now, say it out loud: "I am doing a good job." Several times.

In fact, let's hear it from ALL of you: "I AM DOING A GOOD JOB!"

Sue as you told me to I joined in and said 'I'm doing a good job' loudly several times - LO is playing on her mat and just gave me the biggest smile and started to giggle at me :D

Feelie - please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D (just don't tell her I said that - she'll get a big head :rotfl:
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport