MSE News: Virgin Media customers to be hit with 5.9% price rise from February

Options
Virgin Media customers' bills are set to rise from 1 February 2015, but affected customers can leave penalty free...
Read the full story:

Virgin Media customers to be hit with 5.9% price rise from February

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wot ANOTHER increase!
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Virgin Media says no other prices are changing and that broadband-only customers are unaffected by today's news – these customers already saw prices rise by £1.50/month in October

I only get BB from Virgin, and never experienced (or was even told of) any price rise in October.
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is a major blow for me, I currently pay £65.99 a month for Tivo XL, Additional VHD box, and 100MB Broadband. I also have my mobile contact with them, if I leave Virgin Media for my BB/TV, I'll loose the discount on my mobile plan. :(
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    I only get BB from Virgin, and never experienced (or was even told of) any price rise in October.

Broadband customers are not affected by the increase.
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I currently get the landline and broadband from Virgin, I think the LL will be going in February.

There has never been a BT service at this house so it is difficult for me to get any other suppliers.
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Customers on certain deals are being offered free upgrades – from 30Mb to 50Mb, 60Mb to 100Mb and 120Mb to 152Mb – but you have to opt in to get the benefit and Virgin Media says some have yet to do so.

The 'free' upgrade has prices starting from £5.99 it is not free by any stretch of the imagination.
  • rhcp
    rhcp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got my letter today and mine is a 10% increase. Need to start looking at alternatives.
  • Spodgie
    Options
    Them space ships cost allot of money, some ones got to pay for it and we have been selected, Thanks Vermin Meania.
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Call them up, threaten to leave, they will waive the upgrade to those who bother.

I've just renegotiated my deal with the outbound retentions - they've already quoted the Feb increase in the deal and beat last years price despite a big increase in internet speed to boot!
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was on XL, but just a month or so ago signed up te "Big Cahuna" now I know not all customers are affected the same, but can anyone say how much/how many increases weve had in the last, say 2 years?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure