Vodafone price increase from 23 July 2016.

Options
Ian011
Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 10 June 2016 at 5:37PM in Mobiles
From 23 July 2016.

Cost of out-of-allowance calls to geographic numbers starting 01 and 02, non-geographic numbers starting 03 and mobile numbers starting 071-075 and 077-079 rises from 45p/min to 55p/min.

The Access Charge for calls to non-geographic numbers starting 084, 087, 09 and 118 rises from 45p/min to 55p/min.

Cost of text messages sent outside of inclusive allowances rises from 18p per text to 35p per text.

Calling and texting numbers registered in Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man will have the same price rises, as will calls to freephone numbers starting 0500.

There are price rises for most other things, including calls to 070 numbers, video calls, MMS, etc.

For full details see http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/call-charges

Comments

• boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Because they aren't changing the line rental it will depend on if you have spent on the out of bundle items and been charged over your standard normal monthly price.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What are you talking about?
    boatman wrote: »
    Because they aren't changing the line rental it will depend on if you have spent on the out of bundle items and been charged over your standard normal monthly price.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 June 2016 at 8:00PM
    Options
    You will be able to leave if you have been billed for 'out of bundle' charges, like calling abroad, but you will have had to have spent to a certain percentage to trigger Vodafone sending you a text saying you can leave.
    http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/priceupdate-july-2016-paym-3/index.htm

You may end this agreement by writing to us if:
    • we change this agreement to your material detriment. This includes (i) increasing out of
    bundle charges which we shall calculate (acting reasonably and based on regulatory requirements) to determine whether such increases are likely to be to your material detriment (including how often you use the relevant out of bundle service).
  • e_munky
    e_munky Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Had the SMS advising price hike, it contains a link which is here:
    http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/priceupdate-july-2016-paym-3/index.htm?cid=email-cth-auto/kbew/anwc/azjuq/zjsq

It states that to cancel you must write to their head office - surely i can just email them instead? That would still count as 'in writing'.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    e_munky wrote: »
    Had the SMS advising price hike, it contains a link which is here:
    http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/priceupdate-july-2016-paym-3/index.htm?cid=email-cth-auto/kbew/anwc/azjuq/zjsq

It states that to cancel you must write to their head office - surely i can just email them instead? That would still count as 'in writing'.

Going off mine and others experience with Vodafone, I would send it by letter and get recorded delivery so they can't say they haven't had it.
    If I had the option to cancel I would do but as of yet I haven't had the text.
  • losimagic
    losimagic Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I had the text message yesterday. I'm about 10 months into a 24 month contract.

If I was to cancel, but wanted to stay with Vodafone (they've been fine for me, and good signal most places I go), would they offer me a retention deal?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    losimagic wrote: »
    I had the text message yesterday. I'm about 10 months into a 24 month contract.

If I was to cancel, but wanted to stay with Vodafone (they've been fine for me, and good signal most places I go), would they offer me a retention deal?

No, you'd need to cancel and leave to use this get out, you could always use a PAC to a PAYG and then back to a new Voda contract if you wanted to stay with them.
    ====
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    No, you'd need to cancel and leave to use this get out, you could always use a PAC to a PAYG and then back to a new Voda contract if you wanted to stay with them.
    I'm not so sure. I've requested a PAC when I've still had about 6 months or so left on my contract and that triggered a retentions deal.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rev_henry wrote: »
    I'm not so sure. I've requested a PAC when I've still had about 6 months or so left on my contract and that triggered a retentions deal.

He wants to use his contractual right to terminate early due to a price increase, it's not the same as you ringing up early and asking for early termination at your cost...
    ====
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They may still be willing to do a deal to retain him/her as a customer.

When I have done the same thing, with various networks, most offered to move me over to a sim only or reduced deal to stay.

I always refused and got my PAC / handset unlock code.
    d123 wrote: »
    He wants to use his contractual right to terminate early due to a price increase, it's not the same as you ringing up early and asking for early termination at your cost...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure