Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bambino is due compensaion if you paid for a ticket that was available to the general public. They will try to fob you off with child's fare being an Admin payment. This doesn't matter.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • OldManAhoy
    OldManAhoy Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Anyone here also in Amsterdam-Southampton flight last weekend 03-July 2014. We have been delayed for 276minutes (that is more than 3hrs). I am writing a claim to Flybe. Will post the letter tomorrow and all other supporting docs like receipt and boarding pass. We were family of 5 (4adults +1-infant) not sure if my 8mos baby is also entitle to €250 as we only paid €30 for her ticket. I am claining for 5 persons anyway in my letter. I use the template provided here btw.

You will probably also get a reply telling you that they are not doing anything pending a supreme court ruling (Huzar case, all over press and this forum) and that they will get back in touch once that case has been heard. This is a tough one. I have had a recent email saying this all I can suggest is, if this happens to you, keep the pressure up. I have asked them to explain why they are ignoring binding CJEU and CoA rulings on the basis that something might happen.
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Will post the letter tomorrow and all other supporting docs like receipt and boarding pass.

If you send anything like that, send copies.
  • mcalli2014
    Options
    Right so I haven't heard back from Flybe yet about my letter, I phoned them today though and the lady said she would process it this afternoon which is fair enough. A friend of mine who was also on my flight has had a reply saying they would compensate:

£3.79 for a sandwich he bought
    £20 for a taxi journey
    £100 credit voucher for the inconvenience

The excuse they gave for the flight cancellation was an oil leak - would this be classed as extraordinary circumstances? I would have thought this was a maintenance issue?

Should the compensation not be £200 cash in line with the law?

I have to add that he did not use a letter template or quote the law in any way so could they be trying their luck?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mcalli - you really need to read all of this thread and all the FAQs to grasp the concepts. If not then hand to a NWNF firm.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • mcalli2014
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    mcalli - you really need to read all of this thread and all the FAQs to grasp the concepts. If not then hand to a NWNF firm.

I've read the whole thread and still have questions. Is that not what a forum is for?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mcalli2014 wrote: »
    The excuse they gave for the flight cancellation was an oil leak - would this be classed as extraordinary circumstances? I would have thought this was a maintenance issue?

Not an extraordinary circumstance
    Should the compensation not be £200 cash in line with the law?

Actually 250€
    I have to add that he did not use a letter template or quote the law in any way so could they be trying their luck?

Every airline 'tries their luck and many get away with it.

I think you will find all the answers are in the FAQ's or in the various threads but fire away if you do not think any questions have been answered.
  • Th302
    Th302 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi, I have just received the following email from flybe and do not know what the next step is:
    ear Mr Harris

My apologies for the delay in response to your email regarding delayed BE801 from Newquay to London Gatwick on 29/03/2014.

As you may be aware on the 11th June 2014 a case similar to yours was heard in the court of appeal (Jet2 v Huzar). The ruling was found in favour of Huzar and as a result the case is now being referred to the Supreme Court of Appeal.

Until the matter is determined by the Supreme Court we will stay your claim which arose as a result of technical difficulties. For clarity we intend to handle your correspondence in one of the following ways -

1 - If the appeal is refused we will write to you in line with the most current ruling under the EU Regulation 261/2004.

2 - If it is decided that the case is to be heard by the Supreme Court of Appeal we will write to you following the final ruling.

You need to do nothing further and we will hold details of your claim on record until a decision is made by the Supreme Court. Please be aware that this could take some time and the court is unlikely to make a decision on whether it will accept the case in the Supreme Court until later this year.

There is a 6 year limitation period on UK claims; however as you have written to us within this period we will still consider your claim, even if the 6 year limitation period expires between now and the Supreme Court decision.

In the meantime we offer our apologies for the disruption that you have experienced and we would like to assure you that we will be in contact in due course following the decision made by the Supreme Court.

Kind regards

Richard Hingston

Customer Relations Administrato

They have previously admitted that the plane was delayed due to a technichal fault in writing to myself, as I claimed on my insurance for a flight I missed due to the delay I experienced. On the day they also admitted the fault had been detected te previous evening but was not rectified until the morning of my flight. In total I was delayed 3.5 hours on a 40 minute flight from Newquay to gatwick in the first place.

Any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Th302 wrote: »
    Any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated

Probably best to wait until Huzar resolved - read Huzar thread.
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Th302 wrote: »
    There is a 6 year limitation period on UK claims; however as you have written to us within this period we will still consider your claim, even if the 6 year limitation period expires between now and the Supreme Court decision.

I wouldn't rely on this if I was close to the 6 years, I can tell you that! Sadly, airlines and trust are not words you often hear in the same sentence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure