Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Mobile Phone Xchange

Options

Comments

• Drunken_Duck
    Options
    Just applied to these with two phones. Sound like I'd best not send the phones off when I get the jiffy bag.. Will look elsewhere...
  • andybaxta
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know of a very bad experience using the mobile phone cashback comparison tools linked from the site.

We in NO WAY blame MSE for this, but want it to be a warning to other users.

• · We did a comparison for a 3G iphone and found mobilephoneexchange.co.uk to be the best offer at £143
    • · We sent a phone out to them special delivery (£5.10) and they then e-mailed us telling us because of surface scratches they had reduced the valuation down to £36
    • · We refused this and requested the phone back, at which point they raised the offer to £110
    • · We insisted we wanted the phone back and were told we would have to pay £10 to receive the phone back
    • · We have paid this but are obviously aggrieved at the whole experience
    AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - WISH I HAD READ THIS BEFORE I USED THEM!:mad:
  • ca30se
    ca30se Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 3 August 2011 at 3:20PM
    Options
    they said 59 for my nokia which was good then sent it off. got an email that they had recieved it, but stated the touch screen was damaged. only paying half price. constantly tring to ring them to get the phone back but no answer. be careful. prevoiusly used fonebank with no problems, (few extra quid not worth it.)

mine is same problem as above same phone nokia 5800.
  • rollitas
    Options
    I logged into Mobile Phone Exchange Website and got a quote of £65.00 for my phone.

I posted it to them and then recieved an email to say that they had checked the phone and found ' Heavy scratcing on the touch screen' and they would only offer £ 28.00 for it. Shame I didnt read this!.

My advice - Avoid at all cost.

I asked for the phone back and they revised the offer to £51.00 which I accepted as they said it would cost £10.00 to get it back and I would have to get a cheque to them within 7 days.

What an outfit.
  • beckiew87
    Options
    I used the mobilevaluer tool through moneysavingexpert to recycle my HTC Desire and mobilephoneexchange came top of the list offering £139 cash!! When i clicked on the link, they were actually offering £149 which was an offer I couldn't refuse.

I sent off for the jiffy bag and chose to receive my payment by cheque as i was I didn't want to give out my bank details.

The jiffy bag came on the monday and I posted my phone on the Thursday 4th August (special delivery).

After reading the experiences from other users about scratched screens etc I was ready for a reduced quote and an arugment about how I had always had a screen protecter on but to my surprise I received an email late on Friday 5th stating "phone received, quoted price £149, after inspection £149" and my cheque was on the way!!

Cannot complain! The company did as they said and it is in the T&C's that if you want the phone back, they will charge £10 for returning it.

I am more than happy with the service I have received!!!!!! :j

As a bonus, they have also offered me £5 for everybody I recommend!!
  • beckiew87
    Options
    :j

Just to update you, I received my cheque today for £149!!!!!! Great service

:beer:
  • bobbyj_2
    bobbyj_2 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    lucky you 1 in a million
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 August 2011 at 10:31AM
    Options
    Felt I just needed to sign up and post my experience on here to warn others. I found MobilePhoneXchange through a price comparison website when I was selling my (in absolute perfect condition) Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic. I could either get (about, I don't remember the exact cash amount) £53 or £66 in Debenhams vouchers, I went for the Debenhams vouchers as I was planning to spend the money on MAC make-up anyway. ;) Received the flimsy, thin envelope with virtually no padding inside along with a Debenhams card (not activated) a couple days later. Sent it off with no tracking, only now do I realise I took a big chance. They received it 4 days later, telling me it had 'severe scratching on the touchscreen and needs to be replaced' and I was now offered £12 in Debenhams vouchers. RIDICULOUS! There were no scratches whatsoever, not even any tiny little ones, NONE! I thought to myself, maybe it could have gotten bashed in transit, but how can a phone get scratched in transit? Surely it would be cracked? Anyway I rang up the next day and to my surprise got through. Told them about the situation and gave them my reference number and they hung up!!!! Rang them back, trying to contain my anger, gave them my reference number and again told them the situation and they said they had no record of the fault in my email. I said I wanted my phone back and they increased the offer to £52, saying they had no record of the £66 quoted value. Considering I'm getting £52 for a phone they accept is in good condition when I was offered £66 in the first place boils my p*ss!! :mad: They've gave me a new reference number and I asked for their name, said it was JJ. Hmmmm... anyways they said I will get £52 on my Debenhams card within the next 3 days. Whether I will or not I have no idea. I will update you all.

My advice, avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid like the plague. Like others I just wish I'd read up on the reviews thoroughly before handing them my phone, even though they'd been given 5 stars (HOW?!) on a price comparison site. Ugh!
  • sashapet_02
    Options
    MPX valued my iphone 3g 16gb at £132 if I took a Debenhams voucher.

Sent the phone special delivery, then received an email saying the phone was only worth £34 due to damage (I admit there was a tiny crack in the casing which I had forgotten about).

Sent them an email saying how displeased I was, and was then offered £101 instead. I accepted, but I checked the giftcard this morning and it's actually been credited £116!

I would not use them again, as I think I got a semi-decent result more by luck than anything else. I haven't used mazuma, but they seem a safer bet.
  • Kerry107
    Options
    I totally agree that this firm is a complete Rip Off!!, I sent in my Nokia 5800 and was quoted £59. I have now been sent an email to say that they will only give me £31 as the phone arrived late (I dont recall seeing ANYTHING in their email saying I had a time limit!...) and that the screen is scratched. The screen is perfectly fine and Vodafone offered me £55 and they SAW the phone in the shop when I upgraded!.. Im now getting charged the LUDICROUS some of £10 to get my own phone back!!! im going to contact trading standards and suggest that anyone else whose had a problem with these scammers do the same!!!!:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure