Options

Comments

• diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 11 November 2015 at 5:42PM
    Options
    shapala wrote: »
    Called to cancel and got through to retentions within 5 minutes. I was on their 4GB package at half price for the year. The guy I spoke with kept casually offering things and I told him it would have to be less than £15 a month.

Finally agreed to their 6GB, unl texts and calls with Eurotraveller Plus plan for £15.50 / month with one month free, working out just under £14/month effectively. That was the 'absolute lowest' he could go to and didn't think he could/would go any lower so agreed on that. I would pay for Spotify at £10 / month anyway so it makes this package very cheap.

When I called, I quoted other new customer deals with EE etc and told them I wasn't happy due to issues with Voda's network and put the ball in his court with what he could do in terms of deals. This is perhaps a good strategy to use and he was quite quick to start offering me things even if I didn't accept until his very best offer near the end of the call for the aforementioned deal.

Hope it helps.

Eurotraveller Plus is free anyway, all incoming calls and texts in Europe Zone dont activate the £3 charge, thats for outgoing use, data off & voicemail off and keypad lock on.

'When you buy a Red Value Bundle you automatically get Vodafone EuroTraveller Plus included. This means you can make free voice calls home to UK mobiles and landlines (starting 01, 02 and 03) when travelling in our Europe Zone. You also won’t pay a penny to receive voice calls or texts (except premium ones).

EuroTraveller Plus lets you take your UK minutes, text and data with you for just £3 a day. You’ll only pay the £3 daily charge on the days you make a call to a non-UK mobile or landline, send a text or use your UK data allowance while abroad.

When you buy a Red Value Bundle you automatically get Vodafone EuroTraveller Plus included.

You can opt in or out of EuroTraveller Plus at any time during your agreement. Text ADD or REMOVE to 40506 or call 5555 free from your Vodafone mobile'
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • shapala
    shapala Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    diamonds wrote: »
    Eurotraveller Plus is free anyway, all incoming calls and texts in Europe Zone dont activate the £3 charge, thats for outgoing use, data off & voicemail off and keypad lock on.

'When you buy a Red Value Bundle you automatically get Vodafone EuroTraveller Plus included. This means you can make free voice calls home to UK mobiles and landlines (starting 01, 02 and 03) when travelling in our Europe Zone. You also won’t pay a penny to receive voice calls or texts (except premium ones).

EuroTraveller Plus lets you take your UK minutes, text and data with you for just £3 a day. You’ll only pay the £3 daily charge on the days you make a call to a non-UK mobile or landline, send a text or use your UK data allowance while abroad.

When you buy a Red Value Bundle you automatically get Vodafone EuroTraveller Plus included.

You can opt in or out of EuroTraveller Plus at any time during your agreement. Text ADD or REMOVE to 40506 or call 5555 free from your Vodafone mobile'

Yep, I did know this and what plans Voda offered but felt I should mention it. I travel quite a bit with my work so this is important for me, therefore the Eurotraveller is quite a bonus when making calls to/from home when on the continent.
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 11 November 2015 at 6:35PM
    Options
    Yep, I did know this and what plans Voda offered but felt I should mention it. I travel quite a bit with my work so this is important for me, therefore the Eurotraveller is quite a bonus when making calls to/from home when on the continent.
    Of course :)

Its not quite clear the website, what I posted. It implies calling UK is free then says £3 a day. Conflicting...

I assume the £3 day charge on Eurotraveller is any activity in or out but on Plus its outgoing, excluding CALLING UK landlines or mobile ?

Send a text anywhere or use data or call non UK and the £3 daily charge activates on Plus ? is that correct ?

Not like Voda to make a cake out of poo...
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • shapala
    shapala Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    diamonds wrote: »
    Of course :)

Its not quite clear the website, what I posted. It implies calling UK is free then says £3 a day. Conflicting...

I assume the £3 day charge on Eurotraveller is any activity in or out but on Plus its outgoing, excluding CALLING UK landlines or mobile ?

Send a text anywhere or use data or call non UK and the £3 daily charge activates on Plus ? is that correct ?

Not like Voda to make a cake out of poo...

Yes, it really isn't clear. When speaking with the advisor, he was struggling to make sense of the deal. After much to-ing and fro-ing, with the Eurotraveller Plus, if I were to make a call in, Italy, say, and call someone based in UK on either mobile or landline, the call comes off my minutes. However, if I wanted to make a call to someone else in Italy when I'm on the continent, that £3 fee would kick in, whether it's a 1-minute or 50 minute call, texting someone or going online. That's my understanding of it.

When away, I hardly use my mobile due to the exorbitant costs. However, I recently had to make an emergency call when in Italy and found the cost was nearly £7 on my bill despite the call only lasting a few minutes. :eek: So knowing it won't cost me any more than £3 per day is somewhat relieving now. Hope it helps if you'll be going on to a package that offers this and may use when on the continent.
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yes, it really isn't clear. When speaking with the advisor, he was struggling to make sense of the deal. After much to-ing and fro-ing, with the Eurotraveller Plus, if I were to make a call in, Italy, say, and call someone based in UK on either mobile or landline, the call comes off my minutes. However, if I wanted to make a call to someone else in Italy when I'm on the continent, that £3 fee would kick in, whether it's a 1-minute or 50 minute call, texting someone or going online. That's my understanding of it.

When away, I hardly use my mobile due to the exorbitant costs. However, I recently had to make an emergency call when in Italy and found the cost was nearly £7 on my bill despite the call only lasting a few minutes. :eek: So knowing it won't cost me any more than £3 per day is somewhat relieving now. Hope it helps if you'll be going on to a package that offers this and may use when on the continent.

Vodafone making a pig out of tasty bacon!

Let us know in the first instance what the operator says was true because we all know how "informed" the non Voda employees are :rotfl:

£7... ? calls are capped in EU, are you sure Voda billed you correctly?
  • ylcm
    ylcm Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 November 2015 at 12:20PM
    Options
    Very painful experience with Vodafone. I'm PAYG but as the rest of the family have good PAYM deals with Virgin, I tried ringing to see what Vodafone could offer. Long wait times on the phone, so tried chat instead. 3 agent transfers on chat later offered a poor value deal, so asked for PAC code. Agent unable to action this due to technical problem, and asked me to phone CS instead. Still long wait times, so requested callback. Spoke with PAYG agent who was also unable to provide PAC code, and transferred me to another agent who finally was able to generate a code. No attempt made to offer any deals, just provided the PAC code. Ironically, the first agent on chat reckoned I should stay with Vodafone because of the fantastic service they provide...
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    PAYM you can get unlim mins, txt & 4gb 4g data for £10/mo but i'd rather pay more and not deal with headaches with billing from anyone else
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Has anyone had any luck in negotiating a good deal with Vodafone to upgrade to iPhone 6s?

My 24 month contract for the iPhone 5s has just ended so I'm looking to upgrade to 64GB 6s with 2GB data. So far I've spoken to upgrades team both on phone and on live chat and they have insisted that they cannot discount the £44 a month standard price for this (except if I have the Advantage 20% discount) and all they will do is give me a £50 credit against the £129 upfront cost of the phone. They have said that this is because the phone has only recently been released and their agreement with Apple means they can't discount at present. However, they have suggested I could do Sim only deal for 3 months and then upgrade early in new year as by then they will be able to offer discounts on the 6s.

So for now I've requested my PAC code as hopefully Retentions Team will be able to offer something better but wanted to see if anyone else has had more success? Even if I wait till early in the new year the discount would need to be more than 20% to make it worthwhile to wait as I can get 20% now through Advantage (and I won't be able to use Advantage in conjunction with any other discount).

Thanks.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Strum88 wrote: »
    I was on the Live Chat yesterday to Vodafone looking to cancel as i had seen the following O2 deal on TechRadar:

iPhone 6S 64GB
    £75 Up front cost (following a £100 off voucher)
    Unlimited calls and texts
    3GB data
    £31 P/Month

After a lot of negotiating, i got the following:

iPhone 6S 64GB
    £50 up front cost
    Unlimited Minutes and texts
    2gb data
    £33.00 P/Month

Works out around £30 more but i dont have the faff of changing contracts, PAC codes etc

I couldn't get anywhere near £33 / month even after mentioning that same TechRadar O2 deal! Does the £33 factor in the Advantage 20% discount?
  • bcopie
    bcopie Posts: 47 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 November 2015 at 4:52PM
    Options
    Okay so I was going to leave Vodafone but they just offered a pretty good deal so decided to stay. Have posted it here just in case it will help anyone else.

SGS6 32gb £20.30m 1000mins, unltd text, 1GB data (+free delivery)

Note: I had to get my PAC code twice (2 months) in order to be called back by retentions. They seem to be doing most of their offers through cancelations these days. Last month they offered:

Both SGS6 32gb
    £24.50m unltd calls, unltd text, 2GB
    £21.75m 1000mins, unltd text, 1GB
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family