🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Vodafone Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• Atasas
    Atasas Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Not quite constructive, sorry!
    I was OK with everything on "3", but had a MAJOR fall out over theft of my money and since established need to physically check every network/CS/prices etc, as short look up on coverage didn't mean a squat.

I'd recommend stay clear of VodaF ( just have persistence to get PAC's), check links and offers in my thread for free SIMs
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5286730
    And take it from there. My bet you'll save fortune as same network calls and text's are free.
  • Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheers thanks for that.
    I agree Vodafone money grabbing !!!!!!!s. At the moment I don't know where I stand re the credit check with another provider. Though TBH any phone provider probably give credit to a monkey nowadays!
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Nesty wrote: »
    Cheers thanks for that.
    I agree Vodafone money grabbing !!!!!!!s. At the moment I don't know where I stand re the credit check with another provider. Though TBH any phone provider probably give credit to a monkey nowadays!

TalkMobile is Voda, 5000 mins and texts, 4GB £15 for 12 months so dont settle for less from Voda recontract ;)
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trouble is 4GB data just won't be enough for my daughter. She has 6 GB and uses all that up!

This is the stumbling block. I need a high data package. Gonna see what Vodafone offer today other wise have to be PAC then 3 mobile!
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nesty wrote: »
    Trouble is 4GB data just won't be enough for my daughter. She has 6 GB and uses all that up!

This is the stumbling block. I need a high data package. Gonna see what Vodafone offer today other wise have to be PAC then 3 mobile!

A starting point for your negotiations could be Three's all you can eat data plan: SIM-only, 12 month contact, all you can eat data and text and 200 minutes for £18 a month.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones?intid=3main_device_AYCE_200_SIM
  • sundawg
    sundawg Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I have 4gb data unlimited mins and texts for £6.95 a month. Extra 2bg is only another £5 or £6 so might be something to consider!
  • alisont
    alisont Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just realised I'm due for upgrade with Vodafone - I brought my last handset outright so got a SIM only 12 month plan with Vodafone which ends in March but can upgrade it now.

I'd gone on live chat last year to get my PAC code but then got a call from retentions and got several offers and settled for £13.20 a month - unlimited minutes, texts and 3gb data plus free Spotify for 6 months. That seemed a good deal to me at the time.

I've never had any problems with Vodafone - but am well aware of all the issues but I would go for another 12 months but now I've brought a new tablet with cellular I'm wondering about asking for more data (I just got a £5 EE pre loaded sim to start off with but signals about equal to Vodafone)

If I can get more data say 5gb a month then I could use that data for my iPad via my phone - think you can do that. Worth a try and I won't take the first deal offered - hopefully they might up the data, or if not I'll see if I can get them to offer the same deal for less maybe £10.

Nothing to lose asking, I've been looking at other deals but not seen any wow offers as yet (can't get a decent 3 signal by me) EE and 02 ok but signal in the house never seems top strength. Will check BT as got our phone and broadband with them.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
  • alisont
    alisont Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just looked at BT and they are offering a SIM deal for £9 with 2gb data, unlimited texts and 500 minutes. I do tend to use about 2gb of my 3gb allowance so might not be the best option for me.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
  • playfull_monkey
    Options
    Hi just got offered Samsung s6 32gb with 4gb and unlimited texts and minutes for £23.50 a month.
    I think I cannot also get the EAS discount through work as well.
    Does this sound like a good deal?
  • alekssir
    Options
    me and my wife had contracts with voda that were ending in Jan, so we chatted to ask for the pac. I have accepted an offer which is unl mins and txt, 6GB data, Eurotraveller plus and 12 months entertainment pack for 16.20 per month with the first 2 months free (so around 13,50 per month). My wife got offered unl mins and txt with 8 GB data and 12 month pass for 15/month
    these are 12 months contracts
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport