been ripped off by e2save, who to contact?

Options
hi, e2save are saying i sent in the wrong bill for my 2nd cashback, which is entirely untrue. i am 1000000% sure its the correct one but cannot get through to there cashback team as its a saturday.

firstly, does anyone have a non 0845 number to get through to the cashback team, and secondly who should i threaten to report them to if they do not agree to give me the cash back.

please dont turn this into a long e2save slagging thread, just post up any info that will be useful in my scenario.

thanks

kevin

Comments

• Old_Gold
    Old_Gold Posts: 908 Forumite
    Options
    Dont e2save actually give you a printed schedule of what bills to send in and when?
    How are they telling you it was the wrong bill? Letter, email or phone? If you look up 'say no to 0870' and punch in e2save it brings up several altenative numbers so you could try that. Or phone sales, make a fuss and they may transfer you.
  • dandare
    dandare Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    yep its online, if you stll have the email they sent you with the order no, you can use that along with your email address to log onto your account at e2save in their the have a breakdown of how to claim your cashback, which months to send. i think its under the title 'offer'.
    hope that can help you.
  • anskills
    anskills Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    the problem is, they have listed under my account the bills to send wrongly.

now i took out the contract on the 30th march so that automatically meant that i was to send in my jun-july bill as my 4th bill. BUT when i sent it in they replied with a letter saying i was a month early, due to the way orange work and that they just started the contract from april instead, so send in july-aug bill instead. Therefore, when i phoned to clarify they stated which bills were to be sent in, and the jist was to knock them all back by one month.

Now that i have sent in my 4th bill (nov-dec) since july-aug, but they are saying im a month late. simple facts are that they were either wrong the first time by telling me i was too early, or they are wrong this time as they have not taken into account the actual correct dates and the info they gave me previously.

i used to have a direct number to cashback but i lost it when my phone broke
  • g33za
    g33za Posts: 706 Forumite
    Options
    i would suggest writing a letter (with copies of both their letters) offering them 14 days to rectify their mistake otherwise you will take them to the small claims court.

Provided you have done everything correctly they will settle beforehand.
    ummm...
  • anskills
    anskills Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    unfortunately i just cannot find their first letter though. i never throw these things out but i cannot find it anywhere. i may just have to wait until monday to get customer services...... raging at their incompetence though. i wish i could find the direct cashback team number somewhere as the one on 0870 isnt the correct one
  • applehead_3
    Options
    Hi

This has just happened to my daughter, she took out a contract 27th July, 1st bill was dated 2nd August so she sent in the bill dated 2nd November which was the 4th bill ( August,September,October,November)

Letter arrived this morning stating that the cashback has been refused as "we received the wrong monthly bill"

This is clearly incorrect, but we are unable to contact anyone at the weekend, but will certainly pursue g33za's suggestion

They seem to have a problem when a contract is taken out at the very end of a month, so the 1st bill is not received until the beginning of the next month
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    e2Save cashback helpline: 0845 655 1246.

Scrounger
  • nick1234
    nick1234 Posts: 283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    why dont u just start a claim through the online process and they will pay up.
  • jabi29
    Options
    I received this same letter yesterday saying that I sent the wrong bill when I know that I definately sent the right bill.

Also my bill was dated 06/11 so 28 days means that I have upto 04/12 to send in the bill. They dated their letter 28/11 saying that it is now too late to make a claim, but isnt it convenient for them that the letter arrives on 09/12. somehow, I dont think that they even sent the letter before 04/12.

It seems to me that E2save are getting worse by the day, which I am dreading as I still have another 4 claims to make. It is a real shame because they use to be the most reliable out there. But I dont think I will be purchasing from them anymore.
  • richard72
    Options
    Similar problem here sent my claim back on nov 26 by recorded delivery, e2save claimed they didnt recieve it till dec 6, but when i phoned the post office they said it was definatly deliverd on nov 28:confused:

liars i say:mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport