Add your feedback on Mobile Recycler Money4urmobile

Options
Former_MSE_Archna
Former_MSE_Archna Posts: 1,903 Forumite
First Post
edited 11 January 2011 at 8:49PM in Mobiles
This thread has been running a long time. Please see the latest feedback at the end of this thread, not the top

This is a feedback thread on old mobile buying firm

Money4urmobile

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Was it fast and efficient?
  • Did you get your cash promptly?
  • Did you have any problems?
  • Did it pay what it said it would?
The feedback comes as part of the

articlealert.gif

Comments

• gemini22
    Options
    Just to let you know don't be fooled by the price shown on the money4urmobile.com website.

I recently sold my Nokia N95 to them. The website said £109. By the time the pre-paid jiffy bag arrived at my home and they had received my handset back the price had dropped to £100.

I complained asking why the price they were paying me was different. They kept refering me to their 'terms and conditions'.

They said the phone must be received by them within 14 days of placing the sale online. The jiffy bag took 12 days to arrive therefore I missed the 14 day deadline and lost out on £9.

My advice is;

1) Use another company if possible.
    2) Bear in postage costs in sending the phone (some companies do NOT pay for postage).
    3) Try and sell it on Ebay first (I could have got upto £150 for my handset!)
    4) Don't bother complaining to money4urmobile as you will get a bland emotionless email back saying 'Refer to our terms and conditions'.

I WONT BE USING THEM AGAIN.

PS: The price checker tool is an excellent idea.
  • kentc81
    kentc81 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    tempted to use this company just for the fact there is a Money4urmobile. £5 extra using code m4m001.

Has anyone used this code? the code validated, but didnt show the price including code
  • tobybowes
    tobybowes Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    Ive just used this company, used the £5 voucher code and it said validated £5 voucher which is promising. Ive requested an envelope so will up date whe the whole process is done.

So i dont forget (incase the price changes), the current price for my Nokia 5200 is £11.50 plus £5.00 so i expect £16.50, lets see how much i recieve :)
    2008 Competition Wins: £200 Cash (Boffer's Youtube Bag O' Crap Video Competition 2)
    2009 Competition Wins: Monopoly Deal Card Game, Wild Bean Cafe Coffee Hamper, 2 Mars Bounce Football's, a £10 Magnum® Pleasure Card
    2010 Competition Wins: Lucozade 8Gb iPhone 3GS........hopefully more soon
  • LisTT
    LisTT Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    I've used a few of these companies in the past with varying results. Decided to try this one when I found another old phone that I had to recycle. Price on comparison checkier was £17.50 - the highest payer was only 50p more but with the £5 voucher code it worked out as the best deal.

Received my envelope, sent the phone back and got a cheque a few days later for £22.50 :) so the voucher code works!

All in all, v happy with service, price etc - oh and there's a competition to win Harry Potter premiere tickets - think all phones sent to them get entered into it.
  • -1-
    -1- Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet but wish I had.

I sent off to the N O T W buyback company, they quoted £30 and gave me £4 because "it got damaged in the post". I'm now waitingfor a reply from Royal mail.
    :wave: Smile, you only get one life, LIVE IT.
  • neilkachu
    Options
    Hi,

They get a thumbs up from me.

Printed off the label and sent a N73 (quoted at £57.50) on Tues and used the m4m001 code, got a cheque for £62.50 Friday. Yes, code validates but no further feedback on site, but I did get an email from them confirming the code was added when they received it.

I used my jiffy bag rather than waiting for theirs to come and to avoid any postal accidents sent it registered, remember Certofpostage only covers to £36 so the Freepost bit is bit of a risk. With the extra £5 this more than covered the additional postage.
  • metty9
    metty9 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Thumbs up from me as well. Promised 37.50. With the 5 extra got 42.50 put in my account. Was suprised as it was a bit sketchy, screen wasn't great and some of the buttons needed some persuading. Just sent another :)
  • fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 April 2009 at 9:45AM
    Options
    Filled the form in online on Thursday and printed it off, posted on a Saturday and got the confirmation e-mail on the Tuesday saying I'll be paid in 7 days. It mentions the extra £5 too, I did include everything but I think you only actually need to include the phone only.

Got paid the Tuesday after, probably delayed due to the Easter weekend.
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • MGMatt
    MGMatt Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    They offer slightly more than all the others but this is a con as they tell you that your phone (returned in their envelope) was water damaged when it was in A1 condition when sent.

I would however recommend MOPAY and I wish I had stuck to them again this time.
  • tobybowes
    tobybowes Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    tobybowes wrote: »
    Ive just used this company, used the £5 voucher code and it said validated £5 voucher which is promising. Ive requested an envelope so will up date whe the whole process is done.

So i dont forget (incase the price changes), the current price for my Nokia 5200 is £11.50 plus £5.00 so i expect £16.50, lets see how much i recieve :)

I ordered the envelope on the 28th, it was recieved on the 31st when i sent off the phone immediately (no charger required, just the phone and battery). Was paid the full £16.50 direct into my bank account today so im very happy indeed, especially seen as the quoted £11.50(+£5bonus) was for a working phone and i expected them to reduce my money due to a fault with the phone (and after reading previous posts in this thread).

Very happy with the service, just sent off a second, higher value phone (Samsung u600) valued at £27.50 (+£5bonus), have requested a cheque this time so will report how that goes but i dont expect any issues what so ever.
    2008 Competition Wins: £200 Cash (Boffer's Youtube Bag O' Crap Video Competition 2)
    2009 Competition Wins: Monopoly Deal Card Game, Wild Bean Cafe Coffee Hamper, 2 Mars Bounce Football's, a £10 Magnum® Pleasure Card
    2010 Competition Wins: Lucozade 8Gb iPhone 3GS........hopefully more soon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport