IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

CPM boss James Randall off his trolley, DailyMail report

Options
beamerguy
beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
edited 3 February 2017 at 9:30AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
UK Car Parking Management is teaching people how to set up no-parking zones

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4186768/The-app-turns-parking-informants.html

RAC spokesman today said it 'beggars belief' and called it a 'recipe for disaster'

3CC6588C00000578-0-image-m-16_1486086385089.jpg

I would suspect that the pretend David Bailey's will face a lot of aggression and even damage to themselves.

WHAT A STUPID IDEA .... THIS IS HOW A SCAMMERS BRAIN WORKS

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 February 2017 at 9:29AM
    Options
    Is this an expansion of the old DIY scheme?

"Illegal" parking?
    Photo's of "offenders"?
    Should dvla give pics when not CPM's photo's?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Is this an expansion of the old DIY scheme?

"Illegal" parking?
    Photo's of "offenders"?
    Should dvla give pics when not CPM's photo's?

As they are 3rd party commission agents not employed by CPM WILL THEY BELONG TO A ATA SCHEME ?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Will they declare it on their SAR?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,139 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "Penalty Charge Ticket"? Oh no no!

I wonder how these anonymous Norrises will feel if they are called to court?
  • beamerguy
    edited 3 February 2017 at 10:57AM
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    "Penalty Charge Ticket"? Oh no no!

I wonder how these anonymous Norrises will feel if they are called to court?

It would not be difficult to find out who the photo bod was.
    Maybe a quick note to the Inland Revenue about earnings

What a half baked idea.
    The advice must be ... DO NOT GET INVOLVED, it's close to being a ponsi scheme
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wasn't there recently talk of an official (council) ticket scheme on similar grounds to community speedwatch? Looks like this is an even more inept variation of this fur ppc land
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • pgoncalv
    pgoncalv Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 February 2017 at 11:12AM
    Options
    How long would it take the DVLA to understand the abuse of the DPA? Surely there will be many cases where no infraction took place and people will send pictures (in a recent case I had, it seemed that PCN were recklessly sent by G24 on the basis of pictures that do not prove any breach of contract). In that case, would CPM not have to compensate for the DPA breach?

Would CPM have felt the number of people that will pay without having to still make it worthwhile?
  • beamerguy
    edited 3 February 2017 at 11:22AM
    Options
    pgoncalv wrote: »
    How long would it take the DVLA to understand the abuse of the DPA? Surely there will be many cases where no infraction took place and people will send pictures (in a recent case I had, it seemed that PCN were recklessly sent by G24 on the basis of pictures that do not prove any breach of contract). In that case, could CPM not have to compensate for the breach? That could erode the model...

The DVLA has already admitted a huge data breach regarding MIL

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/dvla-confirm-massive-data-protection.html

CPM are living in cloud cuckoo land
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Showing a contract with the landowner might be a problem for CPM. But it won't stop the gullible and naive posting off £60 in panic in order to 'save' £40.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    This will get really messy in Residential Parking cases ... the Managing Agents rarely bother turning up on site so they won't do it, in which case they will likely give the App to one or two supportive Residents which by definition infers they are saying they are the "landowners" or the "Managing Agents operative". So when residents start taking photos of each other how is that going to end up ... in a fight or court. Oh my ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport