Mighty Deals - appalling customer service

Options
I'm probably going to give up on attempting to get a refund from this dreadful company, but I thought I'd add my story to the growing list of complaints already posted on this board. I've actually only lost £14.98, but that's immaterial.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I ordered a Lash extender and eyeliner set for £9.99, plus £4.99 postage - total of £14.98 paid to Mighty Deals on 29/12/13. When I tried to redeem the voucher with Cougar Beauty Products on 31/12/13, the code worked OK but then they asked me to pay another £3.95 postage!

After some unresolved and unanswered messages to both of the above, I decided that I was not prepared to pay double postage for such a tiny item, so requested a refund from Mighty Deals.

They sent me their standard 'this query has been deemed solved' message and since then NOTHING, apart from a reminder from them that I had not actioned their previous message.... !??

PLEASE do not use these people, they are definitely a poor imitation of Groupon (who I've used loads and have had no problems with).

Oh and good luck to all of you waiting for resolution and closure on much bigger problems and issues than mine.

Comments

• stevepr
    Options
    I may be in the wrong section but if i am could someone point me in the right direction...
    I let a Groupon voucher expire for a hotel break to near the value of 200stg.
    When I contacted the hotel they indicated that as they date of booking had passed they couldn’t do anything and that my funds would still be with Groupon uk.
    I contacted Groupon and their support team are less than helpful to say the least but are not interested in helping me on this issue.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do with this matter???

I know it was my fault for not reading the fine print and letting the Voucher expire but my gripe is now that Groupon have now opted to pocket the funds instead of giving the opportunity to offset the value to anyone offer currently running with them. Will know to examine the small print in future!!
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    stevepr wrote: »
    I may be in the wrong section but if i am could someone point me in the right direction...
    I let a Groupon voucher expire for a hotel break to near the value of 200stg.
    When I contacted the hotel they indicated that as they date of booking had passed they couldn’t do anything and that my funds would still be with Groupon uk.
    I contacted Groupon and their support team are less than helpful to say the least but are not interested in helping me on this issue.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do with this matter???

I know it was my fault for not reading the fine print and letting the Voucher expire but my gripe is now that Groupon have now opted to pocket the funds instead of giving the opportunity to offset the value to anyone offer currently running with them. Will know to examine the small print in future!!

Why would they offset the value of an expired coupon? Especially when it was your fault by not using it before the expiry date, thats the whole point of an expiry date, when it's gone it's gone.
  • MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Kathy2312 wrote: »
    I'm probably going to give up on attempting to get a refund from this dreadful company, but I thought I'd add my story to the growing list of complaints already posted on this board. I've actually only lost £14.98, but that's immaterial.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I ordered a Lash extender and eyeliner set for £9.99, plus £4.99 postage - total of £14.98 paid to Mighty Deals on 29/12/13. When I tried to redeem the voucher with Cougar Beauty Products on 31/12/13, the code worked OK but then they asked me to pay another £3.95 postage!

After some unresolved and unanswered messages to both of the above, I decided that I was not prepared to pay double postage for such a tiny item, so requested a refund from Mighty Deals.

They sent me their standard 'this query has been deemed solved' message and since then NOTHING, apart from a reminder from them that I had not actioned their previous message.... !??

PLEASE do not use these people, they are definitely a poor imitation of Groupon (who I've used loads and have had no problems with).

Oh and good luck to all of you waiting for resolution and closure on much bigger problems and issues than mine.

Hi Kathy,

Can you please email customerfeedback@mightydeals.co.uk - You are absolutely correct you should not be charged an additional £3.95 in P&P by Cougar Products. This will be an error. We should have resolved this a lot more quickly for you.

Put your email to my attention and we will get the item delivered for you straight away.

Kind Regards,

Neil Campbell
    Director
    Mighty Deals
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Kathy2312
    Options
    Hi Neil,

Thank you for replying to my thread - I really do appreciate it!

I'll Email the address you've given (marked for your attention) and give you my voucher details, etc.

For what it's worth - when I queried the postage issue with Cougar Beauty Products, they replied stating that I should pay postage of £3.95 directly to them, and to request a refund of postage from Mighty Deals - I obviously ignored their advice.

Thanks again.
  • BaldacchinoR
    BaldacchinoR Posts: 135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 January 2014 at 10:19AM
    Options
    Hi Kathy 2312, I had problems with Mighty Deals - they sent a set of damaged ceramic frypans, and under a 2nd order, a set of Jean Patrique kitchen knives when the ones I ordered had some Japanese name on them - I would not knowingly order Jean Patrique products! MDeals merely sent an acknowledgement e-mail apologizing and said the matter had been dealt with!! They hadn't done anything - didn't deal with my complaints at all.

I did put a posting on this Forum before about these MDeals problems but I am now claiming a refund for both orders and the delivery charges from my credit card under the Chargeback scheme, where if the item cost less than 100quid, you can claim off the credit or debit card if you can't get any joy from the retailer. If it cost over 100quid then S75 of the Consumer Credit Act allows you to claim off a credit card but not a debit card. Hope you get your money back using Chargeback - there must be some info. on MSE about Chargeback. But you only need to contact the card company and its usually a simple process.

PS I offered to send the items back to MDeals if they sent me pre-paid labels but my credit card told me that all I need to do is to tell them to come and collect them, as there is no legal requirement for me to send them back.
    Options
    Hello Baldacchinor,

If you email customerfeedback@mightydeals.co.uk we will look into this for you. We will arrange collection, or the merchant will. We do ask for customers to contact the merchant directly, but if you aren't getting anywhere we are more than happy to step in and help you get a resolution.

Kind Regards,

Neil Campbell
    MightyDeals
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Kathy2312
    Options
    Hi BaldacchinoR,

At the moment, I'm waiting for actual delivery of my goods. But failing that, I will chase a refund. I know it's only 15 quid, but I could do with having it at this time of the month!

Anyway, good luck with your claim and thanks for the useful information about claiming back on a credit card using Chargeback, which I admit I didn't know anything about.

Like you say, the most annoying thing is when Mighty Deals send you a message saying that the matter has been solved, but then don't explain what they have done to resolve the issue (which in my case was nothing!).
    Options
    Kathy2312 wrote: »
    Hi BaldacchinoR,

At the moment, I'm waiting for actual delivery of my goods. But failing that, I will chase a refund. I know it's only 15 quid, but I could do with having it at this time of the month!

Anyway, good luck with your claim and thanks for the useful information about claiming back on a credit card using Chargeback, which I admit I didn't know anything about.

Like you say, the most annoying thing is when Mighty Deals send you a message saying that the matter has been solved, but then don't explain what they have done to resolve the issue (which in my case was nothing!).

Hi Kathy,

Item being posted out by merchant today. We will always step in and look to resolve any issues that arise. Every customer is protected when buying from Mighty Deals and please let me ensure you we take every complaint very seriously.

You should not have got emails back saying we have resolved your issue, when it hadn't been resolved. I agree, I would also find this very annoying! I am looking into this as we speak.

Kind Regards,

Neil Campbell
  • Kathy2312
    Options
    Hi Kathy,

Item being posted out by merchant today. We will always step in and look to resolve any issues that arise. Every customer is protected when buying from Mighty Deals and please let me ensure you we take every complaint very seriously.

You should not have got emails back saying we have resolved your issue, when it hadn't been resolved. I agree, I would also find this very annoying! I am looking into this as we speak.

Kind Regards,

Neil Campbell

Thanks again for dealing with this so promptly.
  • Kathy2312
    Options
    My goods arrived today - thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills