We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Mighty Deals - appalling customer service

Options

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    glow28 wrote: »
    Absolute tosh !!! - do you work for Mighty Deals - it is clear from this and other forums that this is a common occurence with the company.

If you have nothing useful to say then follow the rules of your quote -
    " better to be silent than be considered a fool"
    What an immature reply.

I cannot understand what proof you have that they did not sent you an email.

Sorry you don't like that, but quite simply, you have no proof.
    What may be a 'common occurrence' does not amount to proof.

Just for the record: I do not work for Mighty Deals.
  • glow28
    glow28 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    What an immature reply.

I cannot understand what proof you have that they did not sent you an email.

Sorry you don't like that, but quite simply, you have no proof.
    What may be a 'common occurrence' does not amount to proof.

Just for the record: I do not work for Mighty Deals.
    What is immature and banal is you proclaiming yourself some sort of Mighty Deals legal expert.
    Mighty Deals have no proof they sent me an email - despite my request they can only produce first correspondence- and as far I am concerned that is case enough.
    Please fly of if you have nothing constructive to add.
  • MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Glow28

I am the representative of Mighty Deals on this forum. I can confirm that the email confirmation of your redemption or voucher that you are discussing is an automated email - not a hand written email, therefore there would be no outbox copy so to speak. However, every single purchase that is made, a copy is sent out to every customer at the exact correct time. Even if you did accidentally delete this email - you have a copy in your online account accessible 24 hours a day at mightydeals.co.uk

Unfortunately if you did not redeem your code in the time given, I am unable to refund you.

However, I will do my best to answer any questions you may have at customerfeedback@mightydeals.co.uk if you drop me an email today.

Many thanks for your post in the forum.

Thank you,

MD
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • glow28
    glow28 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    MD of Mighty Deals,

I have already spent hours with your customer feedback to no avail.
    Your company said you would send an email and you didn't. From what I have read it seems you do this hoping people will forget until the deal expires. Morally very wrong.
    From now on I will stick with Groupon and KGB - they always send an email with the voucher - this guards against this kind of situation.
  • varunadas
    varunadas Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I and my friend both are fighting with Natalie in Mighty Deals. I buy a lot of Argos/Debenhams vouchers when made available on Bespoke, Groupon and their model is to send a voucher to be used directly at retailer site for any purchases. Assuming that the link sent after purchase is the actual merchant voucher and which normally have at least 1 year validity (based on purchases with other firms), I tried to use it this week only to find the trap and loosing the money.

I raised a complaint to either refund the money or provide the merchant voucher but they keep pointing to their so called Terms and Conditions. I am sure a lot of people have lost money in this way and this forms part of their business model when they make free cash which helps in short term but they are unlikely to survive in long term as they will not have repeat customers something which is required for long term survival of a business.
  • hb95128
    Options
    I am very frustrated, I have been waiting for my delivery for an iphone 5 for over 3 weeks. The website claimed the delivery would take ten days. I'm awfully scared to where my money or postage is, There is no form of contact on the mightydeals website apart from the silly FAQ. This was my first time buying from this website and definitely my last. I have no idea what to do or who to contact, i received an email a while back saying I successfully redeemed my voucher but no other confirmation. I have been scammed.
  • missamyx
    missamyx Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    hb95128 wrote: »
    I am very frustrated, I have been waiting for my delivery for an iphone 5 for over 3 weeks. The website claimed the delivery would take ten days. I'm awfully scared to where my money or postage is, There is no form of contact on the mightydeals website apart from the silly FAQ. This was my first time buying from this website and definitely my last. I have no idea what to do or who to contact, i received an email a while back saying I successfully redeemed my voucher but no other confirmation. I have been scammed.

I am in the same situation as yourself, ordered an iPhone, only have an email stating "voucher redeemed" no other confirmation. The company Mighty Deals have used to sell the phone, I cannot contact them on the phone, they don't reply to emails and even through their ebay store they ignore messages. Actually fuming at this company! :mad:
  • Mena1960
    Mena1960 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    MIGHTY DEALS have no idea of customer service. I have several complaints and will never use them again. They sent me an EXPIRED voucher on 03/02/15 I emailed customer services the same day and several emails later and comments on their Facebook pages (with a response from the MD BUT still no refund) I am still out of pocket by £20.99. I should have known better a refund I requested from a purchase a few days earlier took several complaints before it finally came through. I would NEVER use this company again. Even the MD on Facebook page has not responded to my postings - he did but then chose to ignore me and still I have no refund. I have now as I have threatened several times to them, reported them to Trading Standards. I also have another expired voucher for £87 because I was in hospital and didn't realise it was due to expire. They offer no refund for that in their terms and conditions so I guess I can kiss that goodbye but what about my £20.99 for THEIR mistake sent as expired the same day I started to contact them? Totally disgusted with the lack of customer care and I will continue to warn others on social media sites until I get a refund. Good luck everybody else
  • MightyDeals_representative
    MightyDeals_representative Posts: 355 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hello Mena1960, can you please email me at customerfeedback@mightydeals.co.uk and we will get this resolved for you straight away.

Kind Regards,

Mighty Deals
    Director
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of MightyDeals. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • hb95128
    Options
    mighty deals does provide a horrible customer service there is no direct way of contact this is very frustrating for me. I have spent over £100 and have not received my item yet its been close to a month now there is no update on my item. This is very worrying for me. I am convinced this is a scam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport