Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm just about to enter my about to leave Sky phase.
    My bill for TV + BB has just jumped but about 50%, so I'm not having that!
  • Cdog95
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Just about to get sky for the first time in our new property. What new customer offers should i expect and whats the best way to get a deal??

I'm looking for Sky Q, Entertainment, Box sets, Mulitroom. I've seen on their website £31 a month but is this good? Doesn't look it considering what some of you guys are getting but then again i dont have the negotiation power of threatening to leave.

Thanks in advance
  • FUrake
    FUrake Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    3 days now since I gave my 31 day cancellation and still received no offers in the sky.com/mydeal, they're calling my bluff to leave lol?
  • Weirdy
    Options
    Weirdy wrote: »
    I just posted this in the "Sky Retentions Deals" thread so pretty much the same deals knocking around. Cant have SkyQ (In an unsupported block of flats) but will wait with interest for the Cable delivered SkyQ thats coming ?

#2902 26th Aug 19, 11:56 AM

Well, my 12 month contract is over (Sky+ box, Entertainment, Box Sets and HD for £20)
    I went on Messenger to the help desk and got offered the same for £21 per month for 18 months ...........
    I tried to get them to add a SIM only contract to make a bundle but they ignored it ....Didn't even mention it in fact...
    Cancelled contract as I've done before and will keep people informed of what happens
    Originally posted by Weirdy
    ”A short time till cut off and my latest online offer has come down to £15 Entertainment, £1 each for Box sets and HD (£17 total) and for 12 months too.
    Gonna wait it out for a while longer and have a phone conversation nearer the end day !

Today I got :
    Entertainment £15
    Boxsets & HD £1 each
    for 18 months.
    Tried to charge me £10 admin but convinced him that it should be free because of the extra 6 months.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just spent the best part of an hour on chat, told him I would like to cancel as it was getting too expensive. Currently pay £30 for Entertainment, Box Sets, HD and Multiscreen which is increasing to £50 next month. Mentioned we did not use the Multiscreen and didn`t need it anymore.

Was given all the spiel to let him give me a deal to stay, which started at £37 for 18m (he included the multiscreen) then £24 with no multiscreen.
    This was then reduced to £33 for 18 months and if he took off box sets it would be £30.50! all offers were plus £10 admin fee. Then we got cut off! So its not been cancelled.

I was hoping for £15 ent, £1 box sets, £1 HD. Please could I ask those of you who have received a really good offer, did you cancel over the phone or by chat? as I now need to have another go.

Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Just spent the best part of an hour on chat, told him I would like to cancel as it was getting too expensive. Currently pay £30 for Entertainment, Box Sets, HD and Multiscreen which is increasing to £50 next month. Mentioned we did not use the Multiscreen and didn`t need it anymore.

Was given all the spiel to let him give me a deal to stay, which started at £37 for 18m (he included the multiscreen) then £24 with no multiscreen.
    This was then reduced to £33 for 18 months and if he took off box sets it would be £30.50! all offers were plus £10 admin fee. Then we got cut off! So its not been cancelled.

I was hoping for £15 ent, £1 box sets, £1 HD. Please could I ask those of you who have received a really good offer, did you cancel over the phone or by chat? as I now need to have another go.

Thank you

Makes no difference how you cancel, by the sounds of it you won't be at the moment so you'll definitely need to contact them again.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I appreciate he hasn`t cancelled my tv package, he was more bothered at providing me with offers for something I didn`t want. He even thought it would be helpful for me if he tried to sync my BB and phone together (even though BB and phone offers don`t run out for another month or so) I`m going to ring them to cancel and then hope than an offer appears like it did last year.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    How do I find the live chat for Sky?
  • FUrake
    FUrake Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    can anyone confirm if the sky.com/mydeal link still gets offers, I handed in my cancellation notice 8 days ago and when I log in theres no offers, just a link to their live chat haha
  • DreaDrea
    Options
    I have been offered the following what's your thoughts?
    Sky entertainment £10
    Sky hd £1
    Sky cinema £11
    Sky sports hd £17
    Sky q multi screen £13
    Ultimate in demand £10
    sky Superfast broadband and line rental £25

Total £85

Is this a good deal?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories