Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• happyandcontented
    Options
    I want to haggle with Sky but I am not sure what a good price is for what we have. Can anyone help?

We have all the channels including Movies, Sports in HD, box sets etc.
    We have Sky Q multiroom inc one 1tb box and one smaller one
    Sky go
    Phone
    Broadband

Apparently, from October that will be costing us £140 per month!

I tried haggling by phone earlier this month and the best they could do was £114.

Is that really the best they can do? Any help or pointers appreciated.
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    I cancelled the tv part of my sky package 14montgs sho, but had a come back to sky email offer for £30 for sports, entertainment and cinema. I had kept my super fast broadband and pay as you talk landline which was £33 a month, but I received £36 credit at start so effectively paying £30 per month.

I've just confirmed the following offer fir 18montgs

Sky q - 2gb box
    Free installation
    entertainment £15
    Box sets £1
    Sports £2
    Cinema £11
    Sports hd £2
    Sky go extra £0
    Broadband £27
    Broadband boost £0
    Talk line rental £0

Total bill £58 for 18months - (£61 discount a month)

Total £31
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I cancelled the tv part of my sky package 14montgs sho, but had a come back to sky email offer for £30 for sports, entertainment and cinema. I had kept my super fast broadband and pay as you talk landline which was £33 a month, but I received £36 credit at start so effectively paying £30 per month.

I've just confirmed the following offer fir 18montgs

Sky q - 2gb box
    Free installation
    entertainment £15
    Box sets £1
    Sports £2
    Cinema £11
    Sports hd £2
    Sky go extra £0
    Broadband £27
    Broadband boost £0
    Talk line rental £0

Total bill £58 for 18months - (£61 discount a month)

Total £31

That's a good deal but I don't know why they include Sports HD separately, it's now included in the Sports packs for free.
  • FUrake
    FUrake Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    FUrake wrote: »
    so my current contract ends in about a months time, it was as follows below, wondering if anyones had any success recently with getting it cheaper than this? if they cant atleast match the same price again will probs just leave

Sky Entertainment
    £13.00
    Sky Box Sets
    £1.00
    Sky Sports - Complete Pack
    £8.96
    Sky Cinema
    £11.00
    Sky Sports HD
    £2.00
    Sky HD
    £1.00
    Sky Go Extra
    FREE
    See It First
    FREE
    Sky+ Subscription
    FREE
    Extra charges & Sky Store
    £0.00
    Bill total £36.96

so, just been on the phone to sky for a good 30mins, first department I spoke to, they offered me the same package ive been on for a best priced £51 (ive been paying £36.96 last 11 months) , turned this down obv and asked to be put through to next department and spoke to a man and he said the best he could off was for £44 a month with a £20 admin fee, spoke to him for a bit, went in circles, told him it was still a bit too much, he put me on hold and came back and said he would waive the £20 admin so £44 a month with an 18 month contract, I again turned him down and went through with my 31 days cancellation notice, he said hes no idea how I got it so cheap last year haha
  • FUrake
    edited 14 September 2019 at 7:21PM
    Options
    I want to haggle with Sky but I am not sure what a good price is for what we have. Can anyone help?

We have all the channels including Movies, Sports in HD, box sets etc.
    We have Sky Q multiroom inc one 1tb box and one smaller one
    Sky go
    Phone
    Broadband

Apparently, from October that will be costing us £140 per month!

I tried haggling by phone earlier this month and the best they could do was £114.

Is that really the best they can do? Any help or pointers appreciated.

they can do alot better than that, how long have you been a customer and are u still in contract? if still in contract how long is there left to go? depending on how long you have been a customer should be getting this for under £95 id say, you just have to call their bluff and hand in your 31 day cancellation if out of contract or coming to the end
  • ace36
    Options
    i wanted to sell my iphoneSE to back to sky in a sky trade in i was sending two phones back at the same time , and they got mixed up , the iphoneSE and the huawei mate pro 20 , they have sold the huawei mate pro 20 , instead of the iphoneSE they say they have a system in place that if the wrong phone is sent they will send it back in my case the wrong phone was sent , and it did not get sent back to me , so i no longer have this phone and they still are trying to change me 700 pounds for something i dont own and something they have sold on without my permission , the original sale was for the iphone SE very clearly worth 35 pounds in a the picture i sent them , so they have sold on a phone i did not give them any authority to sell and now are refusing to believe thats the one i was selling and now are expecting me to pay 700 pounds which now is a sum total of 2 phones worth 1400 only one of which i have in my possession and they are trying to charge me for there mistake , i cannot pay this amount of money , they then said i had to confirm or deny this action and i did neither so without my permission has sold a phone worth 700 pounds and now charging me for it i do not have this phone in my possession i have sent it to them back they have said it got sent to the wrong department and in this case the phone i sent back was only 2 days old , and they are refusing to understand , will not take this off my bill and so i will be paying an extra 20 pounds a month for there mistake
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 September 2019 at 9:20PM
    Options
    ace36 wrote: »
    i wanted to sell my iphoneSE to back to sky in a sky trade in i was sending two phones back at the same time , and they got mixed up , the iphoneSE and the huawei mate pro 20 , they have sold the huawei mate pro 20 , instead of the iphoneSE they say they have a system in place that if the wrong phone is sent they will send it back in my case the wrong phone was sent , and it did not get sent back to me , so i no longer have this phone and they still are trying to change me 700 pounds for something i dont own and something they have sold on without my permission , the original sale was for the iphone SE very clearly worth 35 pounds in a the picture i sent them , so they have sold on a phone i did not give them any authority to sell and now are refusing to believe thats the one i was selling and now are expecting me to pay 700 pounds which now is a sum total of 2 phones worth 1400 only one of which i have in my possession and they are trying to charge me for there mistake , i cannot pay this amount of money , they then said i had to confirm or deny this action and i did neither so without my permission has sold a phone worth 700 pounds and now charging me for it i do not have this phone in my possession i have sent it to them back they have said it got sent to the wrong department and in this case the phone i sent back was only 2 days old , and they are refusing to understand , will not take this off my bill and so i will be paying an extra 20 pounds a month for there mistake

You do know this thread is about Sky haggling for tv deals and afaik not mobile related.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    FUrake wrote: »
    they can do alot better than that, how long have you been a customer and are u still in contract? if still in contract how long is there left to go? depending on how long you have been a customer should be getting this for under £95 id say, you just have to call their bluff and hand in your 31 day cancellation if out of contract or coming to the end

We are out of contract and have been with them for about 5 years.
  • FUrake
    Options
    We are out of contract and have been with them for about 5 years.

yeh theyre ripping the p**s with that price and offer, should be well under £100
  • FUrake
    Options
    ace36 wrote: »

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=14

think this is the forum u need m8
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport