Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• Dave_Gosport
    Options
    Bluestraw wrote: »
    Yeah I was very surprised that the chat agent claimed £20 entertainment and £22 sports was the best he could do. Also the 'mydeal' link is barely better with entertainment at £19 and sports

@Dave_Gosport and @scarletjim - are you both Sky+HD or SkyQ customers?

I'm a Sky+HD customer as I can't get SkyQ living in a tower block. Can you not try using this screenshot https://i.postimg.cc/gjxwTWmx/Sky-Entertainment-15.png to get Entertainment for £15? as they might ask you to show proof of it.
  • Weirdy
    Weirdy Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I just posted this in the "Sky Retentions Deals" thread so pretty much the same deals knocking around. Cant have SkyQ (In an unsupported block of flats) but will wait with interest for the Cable delivered SkyQ thats coming ?

#2902 26th Aug 19, 11:56 AM

Well, my 12 month contract is over (Sky+ box, Entertainment, Box Sets and HD for £20)
    I went on Messenger to the help desk and got offered the same for £21 per month for 18 months ...........
    I tried to get them to add a SIM only contract to make a bundle but they ignored it ....Didn't even mention it in fact...
    Cancelled contract as I've done before and will keep people informed of what happens
    Originally posted by Weirdy
    ”A short time till cut off and my latest online offer has come down to £15 Entertainment, £1 each for Box sets and HD (£17 total) and for 12 months too.
    Gonna wait it out for a while longer and have a phone conversation nearer the end day !
  • scarletjim
    Options
    Weirdy wrote: »
    ...A short time till cut off and my latest online offer has come down to £15 Entertainment, £1 each for Box sets and HD (£17 total) and for 12 months too.
    Gonna wait it out for a while longer and have a phone conversation nearer the end day !

Did you have that later phone conversation? And did you get anywhere? I eventually accepted 15+1+1 but on an 18 month deal - could argue that 12 months is better, but tbh I prefer not having to deal with all this for an extra 6 months! :)
  • davew70
    Options
    I cancelled a couple of weeks back, the website is now offering me entertainment for £20 plus £1 each for kids, hd and boxsets.

when I press the yellow button it says "get sky entertainment for £15 extra a month on a 12 month contract", no mention of box sets etc.

Would I be able to add the extras for a £1 afterwards if I accepted via the yellow button?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    davew70 wrote: »
    I cancelled a couple of weeks back, the website is now offering me entertainment for £20 plus £1 each for kids, hd and boxsets.

when I press the yellow button it says "get sky entertainment for £15 extra a month on a 12 month contract", no mention of box sets etc.

Would I be able to add the extras for a £1 afterwards if I accepted via the yellow button?

Probably not, call them and they'll happily set you up on £15 plus £1 per addon with perhaps a deal on the Netflix/HD option.
  • devildolly
    Options
    OK, so I have been looking at how much we are paying Sky as its been creeping up constantly over the last few months, and its enormous!
    Current breakdown is below. I like Sky, and am happy with what we are getting but we seem to be paying loads more than others. I think we are just over a year on from putting this deal in place.

Any idea what I should be paying for all this?

Box sets £41.50
    Sky Sports - complete £28
    Sky cinema £11
    Sky sports HD £6
    Sky line rental £18.99
    Sky Fibre unlimited £22
    Sky talk Eve and W/end £5

total £132.49
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    devildolly wrote: »
    OK, so I have been looking at how much we are paying Sky as its been creeping up constantly over the last few months, and its enormous!
    Current breakdown is below. I like Sky, and am happy with what we are getting but we seem to be paying loads more than others. I think we are just over a year on from putting this deal in place.

Any idea what I should be paying for all this?

Box sets £41.50
    Sky Sports - complete £28
    Sky cinema £11
    Sky sports HD £6
    Sky line rental £18.99
    Sky Fibre unlimited £22
    Sky talk Eve and W/end £5

total £132.49

At least £40 less, look at the previous posts to see where you should be cutting costs (this is presuming you're out of minimum term).
  • Flybaby
    Flybaby Posts: 570 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 September 2019 at 4:35AM
    Options
    Having realised that we can get all of the sky channels we want including Atlantic, witness, one, sports and cinema via NOWTV at £43.50 a month instead of the £73 we are paying, I went onto Sky chat to cancel.
    After over of an hour of sky chat, the operative offered me a monthly cost of £41 for 18 months. (This includes entertainment, box sets, cinema and sports in HD)

Best advice is to contact them by sky chat when you are doing something else and just let the chat run and let them waste their own time for an hour asking pointless questions. Don't accept first offer and keep going till you get the price you want.
    For once the call or chat with sky did not stress me out at all as I just let the sky chat run whilst I was working on another computer. In the past I have had to do it on the phone.
    Go into your account and click on help, Accounts and then cancelling my sky and actually click on the cancel button.........then they seemed to take it seriously.

Also switched the broadband and phone away from sky at £31 to £17.60 a month with vodaphone and Martins offer last week for £100 voucher. Plus the option we went for is a much faster package. (In fairness we could have got it down to £10 for a similar package to what we had with sky broadband but hubby wanted a faster service)
    So from 104 a month to 59 a month for tv, phone and super fast fibre broadband - £45 a month for 18 months. Plus I am pleased to have at least partially broken the stronghold with sky by moving phone and broadband.
  • FUrake
    FUrake Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    so my current contract ends in about a months time, it was as follows below, wondering if anyones had any success recently with getting it cheaper than this? if they cant atleast match the same price again will probs just leave

Sky Entertainment
    £13.00
    Sky Box Sets
    £1.00
    Sky Sports - Complete Pack
    £8.96
    Sky Cinema
    £11.00
    Sky Sports HD
    £2.00
    Sky HD
    £1.00
    Sky Go Extra
    FREE
    See It First
    FREE
    Sky+ Subscription
    FREE
    Extra charges & Sky Store
    £0.00
    Bill total £36.96
  • brewerdave
    Options
    FUrake wrote: »
    so my current contract ends in about a months time, it was as follows below, wondering if anyones had any success recently with getting it cheaper than this? if they cant atleast match the same price again will probs just leave

Sky Entertainment
    £13.00
    Sky Box Sets
    £1.00
    Sky Sports - Complete Pack
    £8.96
    Sky Cinema
    £11.00
    Sky Sports HD
    £2.00
    Sky HD
    £1.00
    Sky Go Extra
    FREE
    See It First
    FREE
    Sky+ Subscription
    FREE
    Extra charges & Sky Store
    £0.00
    Bill total £36.96

That was a hell of a good deal - must be over 70% discount on list prices!

I've got all bar Cinema/sky Go Extra for £35 pm - and I thought I did well -haven't seen any getting everything for such a good price for a while.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback