Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• happyandcontented
    Options
    To a customer? Of course it does, to Sky? I'm not so sure.

That is fine, others seem to be! I have a family member with 15 years plus Sky loyalty and they have had free tickets to a Rugby League fixture.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That is fine, others seem to be! I have a family member with 15 years plus Sky loyalty and they have had free tickets to a Rugby League fixture.

Awesome (if you like rugby of course), and they're getting how much more discount as a 'loyal' customer?
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    Awesome (if you like rugby of course), and they're getting how much more discount as a 'loyal' customer?

Quite a lot more than me!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In support of Colin_Maybe......I've had to cancel each year for the past 5 years to get a good deal , which ,of course (as Sky warn me:)) resets the VIP "clock" - HOWEVER, my savings vs standard pricing over the 18 months of the latest contracted deal ,adds up to £711 - a bit better than a couple of match tickets ,methinks!:T
  • FUrake
    FUrake Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    think my savings over the whole 18 month contract is over a grand, 18x £54
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    In support of Colin_Maybe......I've had to cancel each year for the past 5 years to get a good deal , which ,of course (as Sky warn me:)) resets the VIP "clock" - HOWEVER, my savings vs standard pricing over the 18 months of the latest contracted deal ,adds up to £711 - a bit better than a couple of match tickets ,methinks!:T

Yep, they use it purely as a scare tactic. I've scheduled cancellations for god knows how many years on the trot although never had to actually follow through. The result is that I've got about 12 years continuous service but I'd be quite happy to let it go through myself.

They've never ever told me that as I'm a VIP member of long standing we can offer you this great deal, they've always started at the new customer price level (if I'm lucky) and made it sound like I should be thanking them.

I really can't understand anyone who thinks different.
  • FUrake
    Options
    Yep, they use it purely as a scare tactic. I've scheduled cancellations for god knows how many years on the trot although never had to actually follow through. The result is that I've got about 12 years continuous service but I'd be quite happy to let it go through myself.

They've never ever told me that as I'm a VIP member of long standing we can offer you this great deal, they've always started at the new customer price level (if I'm lucky) and made it sound like I should be thanking them.

I really can't understand anyone who thinks different.

should be easy to figure out really, post your current deal, is it cheaper or more expensive that my one?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    FUrake wrote: »
    should be easy to figure out really, post your current deal, is it cheaper or more expensive that my one?

Comparing just 2 accounts would be pointless, you need a much larger data set (or someone who works for Sky to confirm :) ) Especially considering I've got 11 or 12 years in and you've got 16.

That said I have Entertainment @ £15, Sky HD @ £1 and The Ultimate On Demand @ £3 (from the cracking deal that anyone could have got a short while back, that includes Boxsets obviously)

You're also paying Entertainment @ £15, Sky HD @ £1 and Boxsets @ £1 (plus your other bits that I don't have, not bad for Sports & Cinema though)
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    FUrake wrote: »

I have been with them 4 years and I couldn't get anywhere near the deal you got.

Mine with SkyQ multiroom, HD,all channels (except kids)and Netflix came to £57 ( but that was a mistake they said as it should have been an extra £13 for multiroom but they honoured the chat quote as I had the transcript)

I also had to work hard to get the admin fee waived which you don't mention.
  • FUrake
    Options
    yeh, they were initially going to charge me a £10 admin fee for the new contract and a £30 intstallation/admin fee for the new Q boxes im getting but they waived both with minimum fuss, I just had to ask
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback