Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• LisaBus
    Options
    I am looking for some advice on my situation with RyanAir. My flights was delayed in August 2014, and I have been through the normal procedure of getting the compensation claim rejected initially by RyanAir, contacting AESA and getting the confirmation that the compensation should be paid. AESA contacted RyanAir in April 2015 with their decision and within days RyanAir had emailed me to say that I would received £584 within 15 working days. I thought it was all sorted but that's where the problems start, to date I have still not received the money after submitting my bank details several times, plus numerous emails and phone calls. I contacted AESA again who advised me to take RyanAir to court. Can anyone advise me if they have been through this process? When looking for info some people are saying that as RyanAir is registered in Ireland you have to apply through the Irish court process? And does anyone know if I can also claim for the time I've wasted making the calls and emails? I'd really appreciate comments from people who have been in a similar situation! Many thanks..
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LisaBus wrote: »
    II contacted AESA again who advised me to take RyanAir to court. Can anyone advise me if they have been through this process? When looking for info some people are saying that as RyanAir is registered in Ireland you have to apply through the Irish court process? And does anyone know if I can also claim for the time I've wasted making the calls and emails? I'd really appreciate comments from people who have been in a similar situation! Many thanks..

you will find peoples experiences on the Ryanair thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384705
  • saad1a
    saad1a Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Well... Ryanair have said they will pay 1600 euros and have asked for bank details.
    But no more information has been provided.
    Even emailed customer services last week and no reply except automated reply.
    Over the phone they just say you need to email CS.

Argghhhh
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fairbro18 wrote: »
    My Ryanair flight from Marrakesh on 26/01/16 was cancelled on 25/01/16 due to the French Air traffic control strikes

They've offered a refund, am I entitled to compensation or is this not the airlines fault? Other airlines were flying.

Hi,

Have a read of the post just prior to your, in particular 1793 and 1794. Same advice applies to you.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Been informed by BOTT that they are having major problems with Ryanair not paying claims already agreed and that they have started insolvency proceedings against Ryanair. Also Sheriffs are being instructed. Watch this space.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been informed by BOTT that they are having major problems with Ryanair not paying claims already agreed and that they have started insolvency proceedings against Ryanair. Also Sheriffs are being instructed. Watch this space.

I'll get my coco and slippers:cheesy:
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    I prefer cocoa myself.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chilled bottle of chablis and savory snacks - will it be televised? :)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Fletchasketch
    Options
    Morning! Did anyone else have their claim with Ryanair heard on 10th Feb. I've yet to hear anything from Bott & co, but they did contact me today with 'news' which I'll find out tomorrow.
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£6025 PB's: £1427 Nutmeg Pot: £51'174 Company Shares £512.09 InvestEngine £8.21 Freetrade £569.46 Stake
    £2457.92 TCB.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Don't what you are referring too but I know they have issued Insolvency proceedings against Ryanair and the Sheriffs have been instructed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback