Halifax ISA 3.00% AER now available.

Options

Comments

• BurntOut
    BurntOut Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    beecher2 wrote: »
    I just changed from Direct Reward 2 to Direct Reward 3 last weekend - are there any restrictions on changing so quickly?

No, you'll just earn the Reward 3 interest for the period it was in it, if you change the new one will run from tomorrow.:o
    :T :T Premium Bond Saver :T :T

Norn Iron Club Member 376
  • x12yhp
    x12yhp Posts: 801 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2011 at 2:25PM
    Options
    Can I go for this even though I have already done my full subscription elsewhere? I want to transfer in from an A&L account which is about to go to almost zero interest...

Thanks

edited to add:
    This is in the terms and conditions:
    "I have not subscribed and will not subscribe to another cash ISA in the same tax year that I subscribe to this cash ISA"

So that looks like you cannot open this and fund it purely from a transfer...
    Always overestimating...
  • nrishiraj
    Options
    Hi

I've have a ISA saver direct (0.5%). I opened an ISA direct reward 3 (2.8%) just last week.

I have about 5k in the ISA saver direct and just opened the new ISA with a quid. If I transfer that money into ISA direct reward 3 does the interest rate end until April 2011? Does a new interest rate start from April 2011-2012?

Do I just wait to transfer my funds into the new isa at the start of the new tax year?

I also have an Ultimate reward account, does the 3.2% automatically start from tomorrow or do I need to contact Halifax?

Sorry, I'm just don't understand how it works.

Any advice is much appreciated.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thank you rodrigopr84 and opinions4u for the head up and info and all others on this thread. Just transfered my 2.8+0.2 to the 3.0+0.2. Took exactly 10 minutes on the phone, very smooth.

Great Info folks :j
  • BurntOut
    Options
    nrishiraj wrote: »
    Hi

I've have a ISA saver direct (0.5%). I opened an ISA direct reward 3 (2.8%) just last week.

I have about 5k in the ISA saver direct and just opened the new ISA with a quid. If I transfer that money into ISA direct reward 3 does the interest rate end until April 2011? Does a new interest rate start from April 2011-2012?

Do I just wait to transfer my funds into the new isa at the start of the new tax year?

I also have an Ultimate reward account, does the 3.2% automatically start from tomorrow or do I need to contact Halifax?

Sorry, I'm just don't understand how it works.

Any advice is much appreciated.

You didnt need to open an Isa Direct Reward 3, you shouldve just re-designated (upgraded) your existing Isa Saver Direct.

Acc will not be changed auto, you need to contact them.

• BurntOut
    Options
    x12yhp wrote: »
    Can I go for this even though I have already done my full subscription elsewhere? I want to transfer in from an A&L account which is about to go to almost zero interest...

Thanks

edited to add:
    This is in the terms and conditions:
    "I have not subscribed and will not subscribe to another cash ISA in the same tax year that I subscribe to this cash ISA"

So that looks like you cannot open this and fund it purely from a transfer...

As long as you open it via an ISA Transfer this is ok.

• jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 February 2011 at 3:57PM
    Options
    I have just rung on the 0845 number, the person I spoke to said they were CLOSED and I needed to ring tomorrow between 8am and 6 pm when of course the 0845 calls are NOT free on our phone.

I told her I knew other people were changing things today, but she would not budge.
  • BurntOut
    Options
    I have just rung on the 0845 number, the person I spoke to said they were CLOSED and I needed to ring tomorrow between 8am and 6 pm when of course the )845 calls are NOT free on our phone.

I told her I knew other people were changing things today, but she would not budge.

Callback, thats lies:mad:

• jen245
    jen245 Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Burntout, which number did you ring on? I rang the number opinions4u posted, and was more or less told the same thing as Jennifernil
    Debt free and staying that way! :beer:
  • fannyadams
    fannyadams Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    doing it 'the noy'...the nice lady from Belfast..

thanks for the heads up.
    just in case you need to know:
    HWTHMBO - He Who Thinks He Must Be Obeyed
    DS#1 - my twenty-year-old son
    DS#2 - my teenaged son
    Barkin Things - my two rescued/retired greyhounds
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income