PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday HouseElf and enjoy your day.

Some recent pleasures,

Lots of cuddles with my little dog, she is doing ok without big sis but is stuck to me like glue, she has even taken to sitting right outside loo door, so close can hear her breathing!

2 for £5 for tulips at emporium, won't usually spend money on cut flowers but needed to see their bright and cheery colours in the house.

Spiced plum crumble, like PK comfort food but hey.

Moving Lulu to new yard, she loaded and traveled very well, walked out to new field and quickly got down to business of eating grass. Big pleasure when I went over later was her relieved whinny of recognition when walked up to stable. For a young horse she has been moved around a lot so pleased that I am her constant now.

Mastermind followed by Would I lie to you extra bits, made me laugh.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) A beautiful hot shower, priceless!

2) Laying up the fire this morning in the full knowledge that we have enough wood to light it and keep it in all day if we want to.

3) 2 x cups of tea in bed for a treat, and it was!

4) Snowdrops in bloom on the front lawn.

5) The housing market is beginning to wake up at long last and there are 10 new potential new homes all of which come up to our spec newly on the market over the past two days, perhaps the move WILL happen after all?
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Small collection.

1. Another new recipe that I really enjoyed from stores. Pearl barley risotto, A vegan one, for Veganuary, with no feta, veggie stock, but chopped sun-dried tomatoes and capers, instead.

2. Nice messages from grateful clients. Tackling the correction linked with this message was a challenge, but I met it, well, I think I did,,,
    Hello. I translated the essays of a book into English. I cannot understand their meaning sufficiently even in Japanese. Best regards.
    The writer of the originals could have done a star turn in Private Eye's Pseud's Corner. How many polite ways can you call someone a t*sser, I wonder... Prat.
    My poor client, they did so well.

3. Lovely blender to review. Oooh.

4. Snowdrops survived another year.
    A couple of years ago, DGS unearthed my large clump when weeding, and only a couple of corms made it, but they have multiplied.
    They are very long-lived, can't remember how many years they have been in situ, perhaps fifteen, as I have had the trike for that time. I always seem to flatten them with a back wheel a few times a year, as Rossa the trike is trundled down his ramp and across the front of the house.

5 Your pleasures, thank you, Lainey, I loved your post, bless Lulu and wee dog. Says a lot for you that they love their mum so much.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • 5 Was inn town last night, and we did not have steak either, as I hear it is off the menu! Wobbleades were consumed!

4 We has runs out of xmas cake and January has not. Proper food and good for you.

3 Snorkers were grilled for breakfast, with best back, mushrooms, grilled toms, poached egg on hot buttered toast. Tea was drunk! Proper food and good for you!

PM2DD :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:You're down to ten men! #UTM

It is all crumbs!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 January 2018 at 8:18PM
    Options
    Good evening it's just got dark at 5.30pm, days are stretching out a bit which I like.

I slept on sofa last night. DD2 in my room as guests in her room. And I was dozy anyway and thought I'd just stay downstairs. Slept perfectly well.

Up early and had a bath whilst everyone else was still snoozing, started reading 'Five go Down Under' a spoof of Famous Five books . Was funny. Finished it this afternoon. I think I appreciated it more having lived down under.

Nipped to tesco...sigh! But did get some beautiful RTC flowers. Lainey I always have flowers but only buy when RTC. Quite right to treat yourself and tulips are very cheering.

We all had rolls and slice for breakfast and tattie scones too...our visitors enjoyed their Scottish experience . Dropped them off at the bus stop.

Much washing to be done. Normal daily load, weekly white load and then bedding off 2 beds. Got bedding out on line in between showers as it was such a good wind and a mild 11o. Not quite dry but smells fresher for having had a blow.

Heating came on automatically at 3pm but I clicked it back off and have just put it on now.

Have pottered around doing bits and bobs. Things that have needed doing have been done.

Made chocolate crispy cakes. Had a little cooking chocolate left and was sorting out the little packets of cereal that were still left. No one seems to be eating the Rice Krispies....well until they were covered in chocolate!

Tea is a hotchpotch of sausage rolls, little pasties, roast parsnips and chicken nuggets that my sister had bought when I first moved back and no one eats! Will do some veg too. Using up the ends of stuff in the freezer.

Have a sainsbury delivery this evening. Another £15 off £50 spend. Thank you..not sure how many more if any vouchers they will send me.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    McHags you did better than me at Mr T I manage to get it over the voucher amount every time which defeats it.

1 I wanted DH to spend the day to himself doing what he needed on his car which is broken in the driveway but instead he took me out to get us out for a bit blow the cobwebs away for a few hours.
    2 We enjoyed a meal out at a local caf
    3 Bird watching well in time for the big bird watch tomorrow, and a beautiful woodpecker decided to grace our garden.
    4 Did a very quick run in to Mr T as it was on our way back for milk and rolls and our bargainous big packet of crisps for 25p. We are both a bit antsy at the moment about being out, but must carry on.
    5 There are animal snuggles.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bless you for keeping on posting, and if you cannot share your disasters here as well as your triumphs, some friends we all are.

Purple kitten - so sorry to hear of burglary - by all means comfort eat when it helps.
    LaineyT - you did the best you could & faithful friend went gently, best outcome of many.
    Frith - speed awareness already? Just do not insure with Admiral etc who Ask about that sort of thing. Covet scrambled egg & smoked salmon though - lovely start to the day!
    House elf - happy birthday & hope cadet remembers card & to volunteer for chores on return?! What's elderly about choosing paint & afternoon tea?!
    Skint - pup walk & results remind me of toddler sons. Fun, but mandatory bath til clean & fluffy afterwards ringing many bells!
    Ampersand - hoping all is well enough with you - miss you!

OS Pleasures recently

"What does it take to be a crocodile wrangler?" Other than a strong disinclination to swim, top roping skills & always having a tasty apprentice nearby?

As I lug a rucksack as big as a toddler (& rather more uncooperative), I meet with great chivalry on the train. Better still, of today's three I'm on the penultimate train of the first so need worry less about delays.

The fresh air fiend has opened the ladies loo window. I have found the correct tool with which to shut it, preventing wintry gusts wafting around.

I say. Burns Night with Scouts is a whole new perspective. (Bone dry for a start - alcohol & scouts a very questionable mix.) Having taught the elbow grip to a couple of them, and corrected another few variants, we ran out of time to dance as we had scouts to invest &, from the crestfallen expressions, I think dancing will be on the "we want to try" list. Not least as many learn various types of dance already,but also as the lads seem intrigued by my summary of the art as "rugby to music". I may live to regret tonight!

A "Good to see you & Hurrah it's Friday!" Hug is a gladsome thing.

Chap cycling in Manchester has a drawn by Herge Captain Haddock look with a dusting of steampunk - wonderful what a coat hat & beard can declare, then be skewed slightly by somehow vintage sunglasses.

I am learning to love the edge of pain where it tips into endorphins (or whatever those happy hormones you get exercising are) & the feeling of being in control of my body rather than its helpless occupant.

"Debate is just a fancy word for argue" - son is getting perceptive in matters of politics!

Godmother of our floor in the office, near unfailing cheerful soul, was tidying up remains of a birthday celebration & sent self & colleague home with considered selection of sweets & biscuits, confident "your lovely chaps will enjoy them". Absolutely spot on - said chaps devoured the lot in sticky happy seconds...

Phoned to book eyeball appointments & discovered eldest about to slide out of time for free sight tests - "we've a cancellation, bring him in tomorrow". Absolutely, even if I need a shovel to exhume teenager from his crypt! [Almost.]

Son radiating contentment in a 97 gig Black Sabbath T shirt acquired by father in a cs.

Have found a stash of gift cards (all empty) and am gawking happily at a beautifully lit photo of the Game of Thrones chap Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. The bone structure speaks movingly of an old age that will still be worth looking at, wrinkles and all.

Ah, Father Brown - watching the inspector completely wrong footed by the convent... & with Flambeau hunting a rosary. Loads of fun!

Coaching son through driving license & passport renewal forms. Lad has admirably got photos signed & counter signatory stuff sorted but I have had to write cheques & am now being hassled for stamps.

On which somewhat flattened thought, health strength love luck & the right clothes for the weather in forthcoming days! (And all the best with the great Bird Watch for those partaking)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 January 2018 at 12:04AM
    Options
    Happy birthday house elf

Mhags ... What is this "slice" you speak of ?!

Saturday pleasures

1. Another puppy walk & recall coming on a treat using best cheddar :D

2. Puppy running around with pal and loving every minute. We were only out for 30 minutes and she slept for 3 hours :rotfl:

3. Little robin flitting in and out of garden

4. Another insurance problem sorted, this time pet insurance. Hate insurance always worry about doing it wrong and getting cancelled or voided and having to declare it forever more. Pleasure is it's done and was assured all sorted and no problem. One less to worry about.

5. Went to a friends pamper party and had facial sinus drainage massage 15 mins £10 and neck / shoulder massage £10 for 15 mins. Relaxation, wine, chat and laughter... Priceless
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday houseelf . I too love the lady in the van
    pm2bop sorry for your loss :rotfl: COYH
    1) burns night ceilidh last night, very good but no neeps and tatties
    2) long and much needed lie in this morning followed by long soak in bath with half a black cat (lush bath bomb)
    3) walk into town with dd2, trip to library (next book club book ordered) and letter to new pen pal written. She’s in Texas and moving to Scotland
    4) then tosca live from met. Best production I’ve seen.
    5) then Nando’s with friends I went to tosca with. Never been before - double chicken in pitta was lish
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,157 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, DfV, took me 20 years of driving to be sent on one of those!

Pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A lie in!

2) Cooked breakfast.

3) Hens well.

4) Took smaller son to town to meet his friends then go to watch his football team (they won 3-0 today).

5) Popped to Sainsburys.

6) Spent the afternoon putting stuff on Ebay (I find that so boring) and selling my sister's unwanted CDs for her.

7) Made lasagnes for tea and the freezer using Jack Monroe's recipe for the base then butternut squash instead of pasta. Nicest meal I have cooked in ages!

8) Downloaded an app on my phone that I am becoming addicted to: Flightrader24 where you can see every plane and helicopter flying in the world.

9) Watched Casualty.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure