PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Art'noon from a gloriously sunny ICT - today anyway, the forecast for tomorrow is :eek:

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Yoga - I'm not sure I am improving but i really love it.
    2. Good train to ICT got lots done
    3. OH was already here so a really nice homely welcome, fire lit, lamps on
    4. OH cooked tea - lamb with roasted veg, Yum. And a decent bottle of Shiraz to wash it down
    5. Watched "the lady in the van" - a master class from Dame Maggie.

Have a nice afternoon / evening all. I am hedgelaying in the rain tomorrow.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening. All is quiet which is nice. Everyone out dog walking down the woods.

Just had dinner . Chinese first and just a mix and match of various dishes. Then for pudding I had made lamingtons which are such a faff and mess to make but these tasted amazing. With a blob of leftover marscapone cream and caramel sauce . Those that didn't have that had left over pavlova with peaches and caramel sauce. Absolutely stuffed.

Lovely dog walk first thing. Lots of birds singing and ground hard and frosty so easier to walk in than squelchy mud.

Then we drove to the beach and had an amazing walk along the shore. Tide was so far out and sand was just beautifully rippled. Sky was blue and although blooming cold it was just stunning. Met niece as she lives in seaside town. Haggis had much fun.

Home and introduced a roll and slice to visitors ! It was enjoyed!

Made lamingtons in afternoon.

Son came and told me garage door was broken. Dash to B&Q and managed to get the right bit to open it ( was locked!) it will do for now.

So much chit chat and laughter during dinner. Lovely guests.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Pleasures for today:-

1. DRY, bright day but a bit chilly.

2. Another 3 large bags of stuff to “I :heart: Community” + a cup of fruit tea - not as nice as last week’s peppermint tea!

3. Hm sweet potato soup (spiced up with chilli flakes) & last garlic baguette from freezer. Tasty & gradually emptying freezer!

4. Hm plum bread with butter & cheddar for supper. Takes an age to make but plum bread is delicious! :drool: Thank you Hairy Bikers:T

5. Started the next bag for cs.

MrsSD:)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Thank you for the support on here, through the good and bad. It’s the sentiment and rawness of everything going on at the moment, which meets with pure anger.

1 The animals are all fine thank goodness, one had escaped but we got him back, and the others are being very clingy and loving to us but they are alright
    2 Upgrading security, feels a bit like closing the barn door after etc, but well mentally it helps.
    3 When the forensics had finished, and it sinks in, I could finally go into deep cleaning mode, and resist the temptation to throw anything that had been touched by them out, instead making massive piles of washing, top and tailing.
    4 The kindness of neighbours.
    5 I admit there has been comfort food.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Thank goodness its Friday

1. puppy rolling in the mud on our walk this afternoon
    2. puppy having a bath when we got home ! OMG she was filthy and the mess and water everywhere afterwards :eek: , but she is now clean, soft and fluffy again :rotfl:
    3. blackbird digging for worms on the lawn
    4. speaking to a lovely lady at travel insurance company, almost made me cry. Have been struggling to get DS covered for upcoming holiday :(
    5. DS asking how my day was ! A moment of sunshine in dark times

Have a good weekend x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,175 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Friday).

1) Managed to get up very early to take bigger son to his speed awareness course...

2) Met my school friend in town for a cup of tea while I waited for bigger son to finish.

3) Lost another 3lb. That's 11 this year so far.

4) Tasty curry for tea.

5) Bigger son managed to leave work early enough to go to the party he thought he would miss.

6) Watched the Last Leg.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Spent time in the garden. I cleared some brambles and cleared a small area of nettles. Found more bits of metal! Tidied an area of flower bed which looks much better. Enjoyed being out in the fresh air.

2. Spoke with a neighbour. He is always so apprenticeships life hasn't been easy for the family.

3. Watching the chickens and more eggs.

4. DS2 went out with his new girlfriend.

5. Had leftovers for tea so easy.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    5) Fab film yesterday afternoon 'The Post' is well worth a viewing and Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks were both superb.

I really enjoyed ‘The Post’ too, and VJsmumThe Lady in the Van’ is just brilliant. :rotfl:

Yesterday

1. Gardening group to the gardens. Weather good for working. Cleared paths and leaves for Snowdrop Day on Sunday. Students make me smile and the gardens are beautiful.

2. Good chat about films over lunch, with most of the students chipping in with opinions. These ‘life skills’ moments are more important to me than doing their horticulture course, but cos you can’t tick a box or measure it, OFSTED are not interested. :mad:

3. Found some frozen ready meals reduced to 30p in Mr T on my way home. Only me and DH for tea, so 2 in the freezer. Moroccan Chicken and cauliflower couscous.......nice. Also had rtc apple pie (25p)and custard for afters.

4. Quilting, fire and and a glass of wine.

5. Birthday day today! DD in Peru, DS2 on a cadet weekend and DS1 in bed.........just me and OH. May do elderly things like choosing paint and afternoon tea. :rotfl:

Have a lovely day. :)
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday house elf.

A glorious day yesterday replaced by rain today

Pleasures for yesterday

1. OH got up to catch the early train out so I went in the bath with my book
    2 webinar seemed to go well
    3. Good chat with former colleague about a holiday we've booked - he's given us some good tips. (We are going back to South Africa :o we do love it so. Kruger Park this time)
    4. Beautiful walk along the sea front
    5 leftovers for tea so no cooking. It was goulash

Have a good day all, I am off to get soggy
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday House elf.
    Enjoy choosing paint and especially the afternoon tea.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback