PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh PK, I'm so sorry and angry. Take care of yourselves and I really hope the g1ts are caught x
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PK that's truly awful and of course you must bring your worries here & share them. A burglary really throws you as home is the one place that should feel safe & it's the most horrid feeling when someone has intruded & taken your belongings as if they have a right to.

Take care, be gentle & kind to yourself . Hugs being sent xxx
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    PK - that's terrible. I'm so sorry to hear it. Hope the police catch them.
    This is the place to have support so it doesn't have to be all pleasures.
    Hugs and prayers to you.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    1. Physio went really well.

2. Realised that at work there is now a supportive group of 6 people and we are all keeping the others going. It is what is making work bearable.

3. Stuck to my decision to get off the bus earlier and walk further. It was raining and dark so not the most pleasant of walks.It

4. Some mending done. It's been sitting around for a while. It didn't take too long. It never seems too when I can be bothered to start it.

5. Nobody was watching when I slipped over in the garden on the mud and went flying. I'm sure any member of my family would have found it very funny.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh PK that is a horrible thing to have happened, you just have to hope that the karma of the universe will deal with such low life.

Another one here who doesn't want to post this on the pleasures thread but thought you would like to know that our darling Rosie dog passed away whilst under anaesthetic yesterday.
    So, just one huge pleasure that for the last 13 years I have been lucky enough to share my life with such a truly beautiful soul, have been blessed for sure.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Awh Lainey that is sad news but she would have had a good life and a painless end and we can't ask for much more than that. Big hugs and a chin on the knee and big brown eye gaze from Haggis. X
  • bagpuss38
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your dog lainey, gentle woofy licks from my max to you xxxx
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • Happy birthday to Mhags dog! :heartpuls to LT's

5 Another room is being floored as I speak and the house of BoP continues its early life crisis and the boudoir annexe, well the study is ready later. That means a full weekend, and PM2DD #UTM, of shifting again. BoPsie is champion with the paint brush! Raffles is unharmed!

4 Watched the gooooooners last night and sometimes you need a snooker! Classic double header from Chelski! Wobbleades were consumed and Raffles was in with a kill! He is superfast!

3 Set off proper this morning with poached egg on hot buttered toast! Proper food and good for you. Lunch box does not contain cakes of Jaffa today, but proper digestives. Bourneville, and salad with cheese! Delight of turk has also been purveyed! Tum is being rubbed!

PM2DD Up for it! And other don’t forget the cricket inn the morning.

In the pigs bar it was ten pennies per curse, with a discount of six for ten shillings! The charity did not bloody well care what we did to raise the funds. Today some are so awash with cash, they don’t need any more?
    Far worse was front page of the Sun easter 1986!
    For those that overspent at xmas, don’t worry, there’s only one more bill until easter!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    PK having been burgled many years ago I know how you're feeling today. It does lessen as a feeling as time passes but I'm still unable to leave the house without making sure the doors and windows are locked tight and it's 45 years ago that it happened, so sad for you both.

LAINEY no words can comfort you at this time but we love you, you are in my thoughts and prayers and Rosie is safe with Docky and dear old Bill waiting for the future.....

1) Hot water on tap, we take it all for granted most days without a second thought but now it's back |I'm grateful!

2) Got an eco-fan for the wood stove yesterday and as it kicked into action a lovely warmth made it's way right through the house, great product.

3) Trip to W8rose produced much YS goodness.

4) Charity shop finds of a lovely book for the Zebra called Kenny and the Dragon, it's about a rabbit and also a little ball made in the form of a small animal that runs on a gyroscope and makes all sorts of lovely noises for the Oreo child.

5) Going to see 'The Post' later today, looking forward to it lots.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh PK what an awful thing to happen.

So sorry for your loss Lainey.

Pleasures for yesterday

1. OH put one coat of emulsion on the study walls. it is a plain cappuccino colour but will have a wall of cupboard and plenty of pictures on the walls and a brighter carpet. One more coat to go then it's done and waiting for carpet. he is going to do the adjoining lounge this weekend
    2. Watched The Feud: Bette and Joan and an episode of mad men
    3. Snorkers with cauli and broccoli cheese
    4. getting into coding my interviews - actually enjoying it.
    5. got a load of washing hung outside in the sunshine :T

Have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family