Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• tarab1986
    Options
    We are trying to negotiate a better deal with sky as our contract has expired. Can anyone help with what we should do next?

We have skyQ, broadband and phone package. We have sports, cinema and variety. We currently pay £134 a month, so far we have been offered £97 a month which we have declined and put in our cancellation request for all three on the basis we could switch to virgin for £91 which includes BT sport (which we currently pay £26.99 a month extra for - so really we are paying over £160 a month). Any ideas if we are likely to be offered a better deal as the 30 days come to a close?

We don't want to leave sky for another provider but I have considered cancelling just the phone and broadband and switching to BT so we could have bt sport for lower cost.
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just secured 50% off full TV package + £25 Credit (pushed for £50 - she (think it was a `she`) claimed there was a restriction on the system disallowing them to go higher than £25) on a 12 month contract.
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • fieldsy
    Options
    Just rang to see about upgrading to Sky Q

Offered the 2tb box and mini box for £50 set up - also offered my sports package to come down from £27 to £20 and Sports HD from £8 to £2 for 18 months.

I am trying to hold out for a free Sky Q box and set up - I already have a discount in any case on my sports, box sets and cinema. The guy didn't actually realise that I am already paying £20 for sports....

What are people's experiences and best way around this?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    fieldsy wrote: »
    Just rang to see about upgrading to Sky Q

Offered the 2tb box and mini box for £50 set up - also offered my sports package to come down from £27 to £20 and Sports HD from £8 to £2 for 18 months.

I am trying to hold out for a free Sky Q box and set up - I already have a discount in any case on my sports, box sets and cinema. The guy didn't actually realise that I am already paying £20 for sports....

What are people's experiences and best way around this?

What's your percentage discount on Boxsets?
  • fieldsy
    Options
    Overall I have a 30% discount on my tv package - box sets, cinema and sports

Box sets its a reduction of £11.40
  • onashoestring
    Options
    Left Sky end of last month, I have received an email every week since offering me 60% off any bundle.
    T&Cs minimum 12 month contract .
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Left Sky end of last month, I have received an email every week since offering me 60% off any bundle.
    T&Cs minimum 12 month contract .

Being just about to end £100 credit and 75% off I may be lured back by 60% if it includes a decent credit.
  • nuttywoman1
    Options
    I was on the original bundle paying £22.50 per month.

After a lot of haggling this morning, I am now paying £22.40 per month for the original and variety bundle on an 18 month contract.
  • hoth0416
    Options
    hoth0416 wrote: »
    I was on the £42/month SkyQ new customer offer last year.

So I had Movies/Sport with HD and the multiroom (originally the silver package). I have the 2TB box and 3 minis. Last month started a fortnight ago and best they could offer was £66. I rejected and started the cancellation.

I've had no calls/letters/emails since. Is that normal? My marketing settings are all set to allow contact. My sky online account offers 30% and chat has offered 40% (off tv package only, so £63).

Has anyone who took the £42 deal last Oct/Nov had any luck with a good renewal?

I'm reluctant to let the cancelation date slip as the boxes are quite expensive. So even if I got a great offer after leaving this would probably be offset by the cost of the boxes.

Hopefully I get a call... but I'm not so sure..

Still nothing from Sky. Online account still showing 30%. Haven't tried chat as I can't get through (always busy!).

Getting nervously close - not looking promising. Looks like an increase from £42 to £66 will be the only option which is a shame.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    hoth0416 wrote: »
    Online account still showing 30%.

My online account was still trying to get me to 'come back' at 30% a week after I accepted 50%. I wouldn't take any notice of that (or the box offer) and give them a call back just before it switches off. Tell them you're just checking before you let it turn off completely.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback