Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• BENSON_BEAR
    Options
    Easyjet have found the perfect way of not paying delay claims, they just use their own concept of time which was to tell us our Four Hours and Eleven Minutes late arrival does not qualify as it was less than Three Hours
    How does one even begin to argue with logic like that, especially as even if we were to get all the judgements possible to agree with us and say we have a just and fair claim, no one seems able to enforce these adjudications..
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just received an email from easyJet saying my expenses claim has been closed as I have not contacted them with the information they require.
    Information which was submitted on their webform and again in an email on 5th July.
    They really are totally incompetent. Court papers will probably be with them today or tomorrow.....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rich399 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this as it is not really a reply, but I can't figure out how to post my own question, sorry about that.
    My situation seems similar to others in that my easyJet flight was cancelled due to alleged bad weather (which did not stop the BA flight landing) on a return flight from Gibraltar in June.
    I managed to rebook a flight for 5 days later then found my own hotel for that period. I do not want to claim for the flight as I just rebooked, but would like to know exactly what counts as 'bad weather', and if I can claim for the hotel, meals and airport parking overstay, totalling just over £700. I have logged a claim on easyJet's page but have not heard a peep from then, not even an acknowledgement of my claim.

The CAA did not want to help with a definition of 'bad weather' and just pointed me to easyJet's claim form.

Thanks for any help, I will look at other threads and pages but with 161 pages just to this thread, it may take time!

Rich

Is it connected to this post...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74429000&postcount=3013
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Easyjet have found the perfect way of not paying delay claims, they just use their own concept of time which was to tell us our Four Hours and Eleven Minutes late arrival does not qualify as it was less than Three Hours

there is information available of flight departure and arrival times - what was your flight number and date?
  • janecaroline
    Options
    Hello,

So I was travelling to Santorini from Gatwick and half an hour before we landed it was clear a passenger was ill on our flight (there's no hospital there you have to go to Athens) The pilot was about to land but acceded back in the air and said the wind was too strong to land and that we have a passenger who needs medical help - so we landed in Athens. The passenger was taken off in an ambulance and we had to wait over an hour on the runway to see if we would fly again or if we'd be put up in a hotel. Obviously the latter happened.. Some passengers who had a wedding to attend the next day found a Ryanair flight leaving soon so they booked on their phone and off they went. The rest of us didn't fly till 12:30 the next day so we were over 18 hours delayed to our destination.

However another guest at the wedding left from Manchester the same time as us and managed to land after our failed attempt, so how can Easyjet blame the wind and extreme weather conditions as no compensation? I even tried going though a flight delay claim site and that was my answer also.

Does anyone know where I stand with this or do I have to accept it was the wind when other flights managed to magically land that evening?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Received a copy of Acknowledgement of Claim. easyJet intend to defend claim...
    On what basis? Idiots.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Tyzap
    edited 8 August 2018 at 4:02PM
    Options
    Hello,

Does anyone know where I stand with this or do I have to accept it was the wind when other flights managed to magically land that evening?

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that the wind was probably a red herring. The issue would have been the sick passenger, who may have needed urgent hospital treatment and thus the diversion to Athens.

If it was due to a medical emergency then it is generally accepted that this would be an Extraordinary Circumstance, thus allowing the airline to avoid having to pay compensation.

However, there is another side to this and that is the regs stipulate the airline must do everything to mitigate prolonging a delay following an EC. As Athens is serviced regularly by EJ you could argue that they should have been able to fly you back to your destination the same day. On that basis you may be able to request EU261 compensation.

Put in a claim and see what they say. If they refuse, you could then refer your claim to ADR and then even to the courts if necessary.

Have a read of Vaubans guide, details below here, use the links at the bottom to read the EU261 regulations.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • MikeJO
    MikeJO Posts: 374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Any ideas on how long eJ take to pay after agreeing a claim? I had an email on 16th July asking for bank details which I sent immediately but still no sign of the money arriving.
    Procrastination is my middle name....well it would be if I could be ar**d to contact Deed Poll."
  • Tyzap
    Options
    MikeJO wrote: »
    Any ideas on how long eJ take to pay after agreeing a claim? I had an email on 16th July asking for bank details which I sent immediately but still no sign of the money arriving.

Thats already a long time.

Try contacting them via social media and asking the question, they don't like that but will have to answer you.

Good luck.
  • MikeJO
    MikeJO Posts: 374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Thats already a long time.

Try contacting them via social media and asking the question, they don't like that but will have to answer you.

Good luck.

Thanks but I'm not too savvy on SM, how would I go about it and on what platform?
    Procrastination is my middle name....well it would be if I could be ar**d to contact Deed Poll."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback