Consumer Rights: MSE Article discussion (DO NOT ASK CONSUMER QUESTIONS HERE)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Have you read the thread title? If not do so. Then read post number 464
    You really are wasting your time. The wisest course of action is simply to ignore any queries posted on this thread and it will soon disappear down the forum again.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You really are wasting your time. The wisest course of action is simply to ignore any queries posted on this thread and it will soon disappear down the forum again.

I know but it is a shame that people who need some advice turn up and post in a thread that isn't read.

Mind in saying that it looks like many of them don't come back and read the replies anyway.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    it looks like many of them don't come back and read the replies anyway.
    I fully expect they do come back to read the responses, but choose not to reply when "told off" for posting in an inappropriate thread.
    As I said, ignore this thread (as I will now do) and it will quickly disappear again.. :)
  • atpromain
    Options
    My wife has mobility disabilities and as a carpenter I thought I take a week of two to swap out our old bath for an easy access bath/shower. We had our new bathroom designed in B & Q and was assured it would be delivered a week later. A week later, instead of an left hand easy access p shaped bath a right hand easy access p shaped bath was delivered which is no use to us. Dispite what the plans showed the guy who designed our bathroom put the wrong hand bath on the order. B & Q assured us PJH their delivery company would deliver the left hand bath and remove the wrong one a week later. A week later PJH came to pick up the right hand bath BUT came with a delivery of a wash basin. I was livid and sent PJH away. I went into store and complained. The manager in store phoned PJH but they said they couldn’t deliver a left hand bath or two weeks as it not in stock. Me and the wife discussed our options on a refund and going else where but everywhere else would be over a two week wait. The manager offered us £450 compensation and assured me he would personally chase up our delivery join the two weeks. One and a half weeks later PJH contacted me to say the delivery could not be made for a further week as it would be in the wearhouse until after the delivery date. Today a week later PJH turn up with a delivery of a RIGHT hand bath. Join all this time my bathroom has been gutted out as I thought I’d be fitting the bath a week after the order. My disabled wife and I have been having to shower at the gym and I’ve been putting off working to get this bathroom refitted with every consecutive promise of delivery but now can not see any end in sight.
  • Computersaysno
    Options
    Have you read the title of this thread??
  • lukep26
    Options
    All Bits London not adhering to consumer law. My better half purchased a dress online with which she should be entitled to a full refund as she notified them she wanted to return within the 14 day period. With their T&C's they state they do not accept returns on discounted items however this goes against everything I have researched. In addition, the dress was not as described and she had sent a photo but the company have rejected this. Even though the figure is £20 it annoys me when companies ignore consumer law with no redress. :mad::mad:
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lukep26 wrote: »
    All Bits London not adhering to consumer law. My better half purchased a dress online with which she should be entitled to a full refund as she notified them she wanted to return within the 14 day period. With their T&C's they state they do not accept returns on discounted items however this goes against everything I have researched. In addition, the dress was not as described and she had sent a photo but the company have rejected this. Even though the figure is £20 it annoys me when companies ignore consumer law with no redress. :mad::mad:

Read the post above yours!!!!!!!
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Computersaysno
    Options
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lukep26 wrote: »

Swedish company. Refer to Swedish law.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

Seems apt.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure