Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• heartbreak_star
    heartbreak_star Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Good luck melly - to OH for op and to you with the job! Sis-in-law is nagging for your own good haha.

Well yesterday was a bit rubbish. Got told my lab has lost so much funding in the last year that we don't have the money for myself and a couple of others to have our contracts renewed. And so the job search begins again...

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    He's got the nurse to call to check I'm OK as I didn't call last night

Lots of road closures due to the bomb scare

Tired and face broken out
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    Bomb scare? Yikes!!

Must be something in the air, my face ain't great atm either :(

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

#Bremainer
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    Options
    Started yesterday is a word war 2 bomb

Stress and no vits is my problem I think.
    Bloody stupid brain
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck for the job melly and best wishes to your OH. Good luck with job hunting to hbs as as well.

I've just resigned from all my committees and involvement with events for my hobby, Saturday basically did me in, I got home and could barely stay awake (probably shouldn't have been driving if I'm honest, I was that tired) and was in bed by 8.30pm. Also had to take yesterday as leave as I was still too exhausted to work, while the painkillers have reduced the number of night-time wakeups, I'm still struggling too much in the evenings and at weekends and can't keep up with the correspondence, never mind the 6am starts for events, so I've had to knock it all on the head. :(
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the job hunting Melly and HBS.

Ono, sorry you've had to give up your involvement with events and hopefully your pain gets better soon. Can you still enjoy the hobby as a spectator or is it not the same as being fully involved?
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    Options
    I might attend some as a spectator, I know lots of people involved and have done for 25 years plus in some cases so it's always good to catch up. Had a really nice email back from one of the committee chairmen supporting my decision to resign and offering to help with anything that I couldn't do due to the movement problems that my shoulder is causing me.

Code, thinking of you.

Tea, how's the new job going, if you've started?

Think I'm going to have a hot chocolate and a painkiller and go to bed.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Some good news, got my smear test results-i got the all clear! The HPV thats showed up last time has gone! and don't have to have another till 2020! :j

I finally spoke to the lovely Occ Health lady and sge wrote a report saying no more than 6 hours per shift and recommends i have fixed days! My manager is on holiday till sunday but i'll hopefully be dicussing which days then.

Oh and i'm currently on a crisp ban, well, i'm allowing myself one bag a day as a treat but no more than that, and no takeaways. Its Swain's birthday on thirsday so i'm currently going mad trying to find him presents, (have a few already but need to find a few more)
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a really nice email back from one of the committee chairmen supporting my decision to resign and offering to help with anything that I couldn't do due to the movement problems that my shoulder is causing me.

That's really nice of them and at least you know it's an option if you find you miss it too much.
    Some good news, got my smear test results-i got the all clear!

Yay, good news. Thank you as well cos it's reminded me that I need to book mine. I was meant to do it last month and forgot.
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    It sounds odd, but I LOVE hearing people are booking and have gone for their smear tests. I know too many people who think it's painful or find it undignified...it's like "guys, it's five minutes and it could save your life".

Well done ladies!

HBS x

#Bremainer
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure