MSE News: Hotpoint tumble dryer help: 3 extra tricks to get you a refund

Options
MSE_Luke
MSE_Luke Posts: 295 MSE Staff
First Anniversary
edited 15 March 2016 at 8:51PM in Consumer rights
Been waiting months for Hotpoint tumble dryer repair? Here's how to try for a refund...
Read the full story:
'Hotpoint tumble dryer help: 3 extra tricks to get you a refund'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    Perhaps this could be merged with the existing thread on the topic? ;)
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Perhaps the other thread was closed to make way for this MSE thread?
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Perhaps the other thread was closed to make way for this MSE thread?

It wasn't at time of posting ;) The OP even links to it in their article.

Silly to lock a thread with lots of helpful information just to start a new one with none.
  • sbradnam
    sbradnam Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I opted for the replacement for £59 to get a new one (my faulty drier was 9 years old) - quality new hotpoint dryer, with 5 year parts warranty and 1 year full warranty. Installation/removal of old drier was fine.

If I had not done this, I would have been waiting until July 16 for a repair.

Stuart
  • Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sbradnam wrote: »
    I opted for the replacement for £59 to get a new one (my faulty drier was 9 years old) - quality new hotpoint dryer, with 5 year parts warranty and 1 year full warranty. Installation/removal of old drier was fine.
    It's a good deal but the 5 year parts warranty is worthless.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sbradnam wrote: »

If I had not done this, I would have been waiting until July 16 for a repair.

Stuart

I registered our machine back in January via website but I haven't been offered a discounted replacement yet. It was a gift so we didn't purchase originally. Did you get the offer via post as the original purchaser ??
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would have opted for the replacement when offered if I could have had the same colour as the machine I have, but you have no choice, it's white only. So I'll be waiting until May for a repair.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Hoploz
    Hoploz Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    I have had the £59 replacement. My old one was 7 years old so I'm happy with that.

I emailed in November and was on the list waiting. End of Jan I got an email which said it would click through to an estimated date for repair, but I wasn't able to access the link.

A week later I contacted them via Facebook and on there they offered me a date for repair of 14th Feb.

Early February I was looking back at emails and opened it again, and this time the email worked. I found they had offered me the replacement so I ordered it and it was installed the following day. I cancelled my repair booking and told them to give my appointment to somebody else!
  • Threewheeler
    Options
    Worth mentioning that I checked my dryer months ago, I was advised that my dryer was not affected. Now checking yet again my dryer is in the recall.
    Will now have to wait for some response.
    :grouphug: Threewheeler
  • bouncydog1
    bouncydog1 Posts: 2,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bought my machine in June, registered in November as model with fault. Hotpoint were absolutely useless. Several phone calls and they insisted I had to pay for a replacement machine, which I refused. Initially I decided to wait for repair, but then decided to contact the shop I bought it from. They have been brilliant - refunded my money and I have selected another machine - a German brand and much more expensive. I have bought hotpoint for many years, but after experiencing their customer service, I am now getting rid of all hot point appliances as soon as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure