How to sue Together Energy

Options

Comments

• Dothe_best_you_can
    Options
    Masonic
    Wow!!!
    30 times what you were owed that's amazing.
    I doubt I would have received anything like that as my claim was in the hundreds.
    I will never let my energy account no matter who with, get such a credit balance on it again.
    With some of the small energy companies in trouble who will be next?
    Hoping everyone who had a credit balance and left Together Energy gets their money back soon.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,278 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 July 2019 at 7:35AM
    Options
    Masonic
    Wow!!!
    30 times what you were owed that's amazing.
    I doubt I would have received anything like that as my claim was in the hundreds.
    I will never let my energy account no matter who with, get such a credit balance on it again.
    With some of the small energy companies in trouble who will be next?
    Hoping everyone who had a credit balance and left Together Energy gets their money back soon.
    It's really not that impressive. I was owed somewhere in the region of £1 (by my calculations, the exact amount was unclear as I never did receive an accurate final bill). So I simply asked for a £30 good will payment as settlement of my complaint, which Together agreed to pay, but only once I'd got the Ombudsman involved.

The reasons I avoided having a large credit balance with Together Energy in the first place were:
    (a) I always avoid my DD being set higher than the my average cost of actual usage (using 12 month meter read data and current tariff prices) and will request a refund and/or switch if a supplier does not play ball;
    (b) it was winter, so my usage was high; and
    (c) I cancelled my TE DD and let my credit run down before switching away.

Had it happened in the summer, when I typically do have a larger credit balance, I'd have stayed at TE with cancelled DD and waited it out.
  • Dothe_best_you_can
    Options
    Yes, I totally agree with the way you managed your account.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, if I had seen the problems in getting my refund back I would have done exactly the same as you and run my account down before jumping ship with Together.
  • AndyFM
    AndyFM Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 26 October 2019 at 2:43PM
    Options
    16th July 2019- Sounds like I am not alone in dealings with Together Energy. I was moved to them in December 2018 when One Select went into liquidation. My account surplus, amounting to £1465.30, was transferred to them and they took a further £731.82 to cover the electricity they were supplying. I moved from Together to Bulb early February 2019, as they were cheaper and I am still waiting for a final bill and refund of monies owed. The matter is with the Ombudsman now (June 2019). Given the timeframe this has gone on, I do hope I can also claim compensation although just having the money back would be good.

Shocking company to deal with and full of false promises if you can get through that is.

22nd October 2019 - I finally got the my money back from TE - £1615.95. They paid me an extra £60 on top of what I am owed as a 'goodwill gesture' - big deal considering lost interest, stress and time it has taken in my dealings with them. The Ombudsman helped in this regard, so if anyone out there is still having issues reach out to them.

I would also recommend you log a review in TrustPilot to ward off other would be customer away from this awful company. The sooner they are put out of business the better. There are no polite words to describe how bad they are.
  • Dothe_best_you_can
    Options
    Although I was also going through the Ombudsman it was taking so long I just went to the Scottish claims proceedure.
    It does say on the Ombudsman site you can do this.
    I was going through the Energy Ombudsman there is also Ofgem.
    Not stated which you are with.
    Good luck.
  • Luludolly
    Luludolly Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 15 August 2019 at 9:56PM
    Options
    I was owed approx £400 and only when I eventually got the final bill showing I was in Credit in spring did the fight start.
    They advised my first I had to wait a period of time, I cannot remember why and then told I would get the refund 4th July. Later I read these reviews which prompted me to open the offgem complaints procedure, I was advised 8 weeks would need to pass before they could do anything, they advised me to ring weekly and keep a record.

I rang approx 15 times and they kept promising the refund in another 14 days, they kept saying they needed to open another request. I did not give up, I told them I was going to ofgem, j told them I would then ring in the day the refund was due and yesterday I received my refund!! DO NOT GIVE UP,, ,, , but do not take it out on the staff they are just doing their job and its not their fault its the company. . The impression I have got is they cannot cope with all the work and only if you truly fight they will action, otherwise they just hope you give up trying
  • CerysM
    Options
    I was also a One Select Customer. I sold my house in December 2018 and despite multiple phone calls, correspondence and emails to Together Energy they have failed to close the account properly. I have had debt collectors contacting me today as I owe Togeher Energy £335 for costs uccureed between december 2018 and March 2019, however this was the new owners. Basically I foudn out today that together energy thought it was me ringing up in March to change providers but it was in fact gthe new owners. They were given my credit and now I am being chased for their debts. How this has happened despite the fact that I have been in contact with Together Energy NON STOP ove the last 8 months I do not know. I have just opened a case with the ombudsman.
  • AndyFM
    AndyFM Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I agree DON'T GIVE UP. I opened my case with the Ombudsman on the 11 June 2019 and they found in favour of my case. TE now have until 2nd September to refund monies owed to me. Needless to say I am not holding my breath, so it remains to be seen what happens next if the deadline passes and no monies come through. I have repeatedly told the Ombudsman and Citizens Advice that they need to advise Ofgem take action against TE, as they are simply a bunch crooks.

The sooner this company is removed from the market place the better in my view.
  • Jubiloo25
    Options
    After ignoring me and not calling back I went through resolver.co.uk as recommended by MSE and refund back within a week. This was after months of calling and raising complaints
  • Moira_Hollamby
    Options
    I have just had case with Ombudsman have accepted Together offer to review the incorrect final bill (well in their favour though they have £300 credit) and £50 good will If not done in 28 days back to Ombudsman interested to here how you get on next
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback