How to sue Together Energy

Options

Comments

• 1inazillionmillion
    Options
    I have recently moved over from together energy to green energy last month and have a credit balance from OneSelect for £553. Got a bill generated this month saying I owe £142 with no mention of a credit balance and all my previous bills showing my balance removed. I have rang them up and they have stated they have put it through their billing department and a new bill be issued in 5-7 days. Here's hoping but will press till I have every penny of it back.
  • needtosell
    Options
    Having read all your comments regarding together energy non refund of credit balance I got it back! Email the ceo (google ceo of together energy) attach a copy of your estimated or final bill. I got a call in less than 2 hours of sending said email and money has been refunded, good luck an£ thank you to the person who mentioned this earlier on in the forum. :T
  • Protopia
    Options
    I left OneSelect on 7 December giving them a final reading and with them owing me c. £200. They went bus on 10 December and Together Energy took over and I gave them all the details necessary to create a final bill and give me my refund on 14 December. I chased them every 8 weeks, and had nothing by a series of empty promises that they never met. Emails to their CEO went unanswered. In the end I raised an Ombudsman case and they found in my favour saying that Together Energy's customer service had been completely unacceptable and giving me £75 compensation on top of what I was owed. Finally a couple of days ago I got my money.

IMO Together Energy are not a fit and proper company to have an energy supply license. TAKE MY ADVICE AND STEER COMPLETELY CLEAR OF THESE UNTRUSTWORTHY LIARS.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    As a follow-up to my post 72, Obviously not a scam:

We wrote to you last week on Friday 6th September to advise that we had tried to refund your credit balance, however as your mandate is no longer active the refund was unsuccessful. In this email we said that we would contact you to ask for your bank details.

We have been working hard with our partner Go Cardless to make this process as easy as possible for you. We have found a way to send your refund automatically without you having to send your bank details or reinstate your mandate.

We can confirm that you will receive the refund of your credit balance within the next 10 working days, by Friday 4th October.

If you have already sent us your bank details, thank you.

Once we have sent your refund you will receive a confirmation email.

We'll see what happens. I check every bill and have records going back years and I know they don't owe me the sum stated, other than the fact they are an awful company and should be compensating all customers for being so !!!!.
    Je suis sabot...
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As a follow-up to my post 72, Obviously not a scam:

We wrote to you last week on Friday 6th September to advise that we had tried to refund your credit balance, however as your mandate is no longer active the refund was unsuccessful. In this email we said that we would contact you to ask for your bank details.

We have been working hard with our partner Go Cardless to make this process as easy as possible for you. We have found a way to send your refund automatically without you having to send your bank details or reinstate your mandate.

We can confirm that you will receive the refund of your credit balance within the next 10 working days, by Friday 4th October.

If you have already sent us your bank details, thank you.

Once we have sent your refund you will receive a confirmation email.

We'll see what happens. I check every bill and have records going back years and I know they don't owe me the sum stated, other than the fact they are an awful company and should be compensating all customers for being so !!!!.

Supports what many have said in the past about credits - these companies like to claim that they need a DD set up in order to carry out a refund -absolute nonsense! Somewhere on their "systems" ,the ex-customer's bank details are held ,they don't just vanish when a DD is cancelled -so all they need to do ,is a one off BACS transfer.
    I wonder if any of the ex One Select customers will get their refunds this way?
  • PennineAcute
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Supports what many have said in the past about credits - these companies like to claim that they need a DD set up in order to carry out a refund -absolute nonsense! Somewhere on their "systems" ,the ex-customer's bank details are held ,they don't just vanish when a DD is cancelled -so all they need to do ,is a one off BACS transfer.
    I wonder if any of the ex One Select customers will get their refunds this way?

Absolutely spot on!
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    As a follow up to my post 85, the money is in my bank today. I have no idea how they worked it out but at least they made an effort. It's £14 more than I should have received and there is a final bill on the website. Believe it or not, they have applied the wrong tariff. Anyway, I will regard it as compensation for getting the opening reading wrong.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Lily_Rose
    Options
    I'm in the process of trying to sort this out for my mum who is owed over £200, thank you to all that have posted. Will try all routes.
  • JoshC2019
    Options
    New question..

I have been in a property for 10 months now, I am due to leave in just over a months time.. I have been ringing and speaking with TE consistently since moving into the house in Dec 2018. I have tried to get the tariff rates and set up a DD constantly, I have probably set up as the new account holder over 5 times and have given meter readings more times than I can remember..

I'm now at the point where I'm telling them I'm leaving and need to clear the energy bills and they still aren't giving me my final bill. Where do I stand if they have never shown me the tariff rates and despite my attempts have never managed to get me set up for a DD payment or provided a bill to settle the account. I assume I am liable for the bill but surely I can't be chased for the debt as according to them "We need to generate the costs before we can issue the bill".

I dread to think how long I've spent on the phone - can I claim a discount against my bill if I get the phone records and show them how long I have spent on the phone to get this sorted?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help :)
  • AndyFM
    Options
    JoshC2019 wrote: »
    New question..

I have been in a property for 10 months now, I am due to leave in just over a months time.. I have been ringing and speaking with TE consistently since moving into the house in Dec 2018. I have tried to get the tariff rates and set up a DD constantly, I have probably set up as the new account holder over 5 times and have given meter readings more times than I can remember..

I'm now at the point where I'm telling them I'm leaving and need to clear the energy bills and they still aren't giving me my final bill. Where do I stand if they have never shown me the tariff rates and despite my attempts have never managed to get me set up for a DD payment or provided a bill to settle the account. I assume I am liable for the bill but surely I can't be chased for the debt as according to them "We need to generate the costs before we can issue the bill".

I dread to think how long I've spent on the phone - can I claim a discount against my bill if I get the phone records and show them how long I have spent on the phone to get this sorted?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help :)

Hi Josh,

I would be inclined to get in contact with the Ombudsman via Citizens Advice. I have been waiting since 8 February 2019 for my final bill and in the end went to the Ombudsman on the 11 June. I eventually got the final bill on the 17 September after much time wasting and excuses. Now waiting for the refund to appear in my account. TE have my account details.

I would be inclined to check out Bulb as a provider. I am very happy with them.

TE are simply crooks in my view. Why Ofgem are allowing them to trade is beyond belief.

Good luck.
    Andy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport