How to sue Together Energy

Options

Comments

• Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    I had this from TE today and don't know whether it is genuine or not. I left them over a year ago. There's no logo on the email.

It's from <graham.mathie@togetherenergy.co.uk> but "from" addresses can be spoofed.

Mr XXXXXX
    Your Credit With Together Energy

We are contacting you as you are owed a credit of £15.21 by Together Energy.

We attempted to refund this balance to you automatically on 02/09/2019; however, this was unsuccesful as our system shows that you have cancelled your mandate with Together Energy.

When we attempt to refund automatically and a mandate is no longer active, the money cannot be transferred and we are required to refund through alternate means.

We now require your help to issue your credit to you as soon as possible.

We will issue a further communication to you within 5 working days, which will contain a secure link for you to enter bank account details.

Once you have received this, entered the details of the account you wish the money to be refunded to and submitted it, we will then be able to issue your refund to your chosen bank account within 10 working days.

Kind regards,

The Together Team

Call us on 0333 150 1699

Copyright 2016 Together Energy
    Erskine House, North Avenue, Clydebank, Scotland, G81 2DR
    Je suis sabot...
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had this from TE today and don't know whether it is genuine or not. I left them over a year ago. There's no logo on the email.

The Together Team

Call us on 0333 150 1699

Copyright 2016 Together Energy
    Erskine House, North Avenue, Clydebank, Scotland, G81 2DR

The supplied phone number is genuine for TE Customer "Disservices":rotfl:
  • SEJ1
    SEJ1 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    We had an email from Graham Mathie yesterday, too. Pretty much the same wording, but with a coloured background and graphics. Perhaps they couldn't afford to put the graphics on everyone's email. :rotfl:

We left them in January and got most of our money back via the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme instantly in March once we'd realised that they probably weren't going to pay up themselves on a timely basis. This is the first email we've had from them about refunding, and it's over 7 months after we left, so looks like we did the right thing.

The amount they say they owe us is close to the credit value on our final bill (around £10 out). But they have taken no account of the money we have already had back, so I am sure that's going to lead to protracted discussions...... :(
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2019 at 11:29AM
    Options
    I think I'll ask for the revised final bill as I left them with a credit of 65p which I didn't bother with.

Normally, spelling errors (unsuccesful) would be a clue to scammers, but I don't have confidence in TE getting anything right.
    Je suis sabot...
  • brewerdave
    Options
    SEJ1 wrote: »

The amount they say they owe us is close to the credit value on our final bill (around £10 out). But they have taken no account of the money we have already had back, so I am sure that's going to lead to protracted discussions...... :(

You will probably get the credit back.....then ,in view of the mess TE's accounts appear to be in, get another letter in 2023 asking for the overpayment back again!:rotfl:
  • SEJ1
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    You will probably get the credit back.....then ,in view of the mess TE's accounts appear to be in, get another letter in 2023 asking for the overpayment back again!:rotfl:

On the basis that we are genuinely owed over £5 (as the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme can only refund whole payments, and I opted not to overclaim), we're going to let them refund and then wait for them to claw it back. As you say, could be long wait..........although I cannot imagine they'll still be in business in 2020 let alone 2023! :D
  • UnclaimedEnergy
    Options
    Ofgem have announced they've agreed to Together Energy getting £4.8m to cover credit balances and admin fees from becoming SoLR to One Select.

Confirmation of this will explain why they're now actively contacting customers offering the credit refunds.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2019/09/decision_on_together_energy_retail_limited_-_9sep2019_0.pdf
  • EnergyRookie
    EnergyRookie Posts: 96 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2019 at 1:49PM
    Options
    Ofgem have announced they've agreed to Together Energy getting £4.8m to cover credit balances and admin fees from becoming SoLR to One Select.

Confirmation of this will explain why they're now actively contacting customers offering the credit refunds.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2019/09/decision_on_together_energy_retail_limited_-_9sep2019_0.pdf

To clarify, only £3million of that is actually to cover credit balances of former One Select customers, and that figure is subject to a future reduction to reflect any proceeds from the liquidation process. :)

Together Energy are stumping up another £1.9million from their own coffers to refund former One Select customers.

One Select had 36,000 domestic customers when it ceased trading.

So Together Energy paid just over £50 per customer; about the smae they would pay a comparison site.
    Of course, in this case, customers were switched whether they liked it or not, so there were probably quite a few who have already switched away i.e. many more than would be expected than if the customers actively chose Together Energy as would be the case of a comparison site.
  • brewerdave
    Options

Interesting that they have only paid ex OS customers ~ £475k when they expected that the liability would be £763k - suggests that either OS accounts really were a tip ....or they haven't managed to track down customers who have moved house (or don't care:eek:)
  • SEJ1
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    or they haven't managed to track down customers who have moved house (or don't care:eek:)

You only have to look on Trustpilot to see that there are plenty of OneSelect customers that are owed money and have been getting nowhere chasing Together Energy to pay them out, so what they've said to Ofgem is probably economical with the truth.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback