Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all! I've been doing holiday admin (not the shoes, though at least I've tidied up the papers ready to find the returns stuff, that was a job in itself).

I made a flickr album for the Norwegian photos - good lord, I had no idea I'd abandoned flickr in the way I had, how embarrassing. I started to set it up in support of the kindle book, and then just didn't do anything with it. So the Norwegian photos are now about a third of the whole account :o

Here they are: https://www.flickr.com/photos/113913137@N06/albums/72157698448116835.
    Excuse the cobwebs, I'll get dusting :o
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It all loos fab.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It does. So interesting. I love the salt fish statue
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thank you! I only just learned how to do those panoramic shots, so I'm especially pleased with those :)

I had another "day off" yesterday, I had a Games Afternoon, since the house sale of our host fell through - bad for him, good for us three :)

So today, I have to finish things off - I've been home a week tomorrow, thats enough! I'll be posting a ta-da list, not a to-do list :):):)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wonderful photos, KC:T. Thanks so much for going to all the time and trouble to post them:A.

I particularly loved the one of the goats on the rock:T. Reminds me of being on Norway all those years ago, there seemed to be goats everywhere. I still remember the smell of a small herd of them milling around us in baking hot weather as we trudged through the mountains:eek:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks CBC! The goats were great, they were nudging each other to get onto that rock, which was a glaciated one on the trail up to the head of the glacier we visited (a big tourist trail, btw).

And the saltfish carving that suffolklass noticed - that was the biggest we saw, and they really love their saltfish, Norway has been pretty poor economically in the past, and their exports have been (still mostly are) raw materials - so even drying the fish was added value for them, creating more work at home.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Looks lovely! I like the salt fish carving too... and the ice(?) - so sculpted, but by what?

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your ta-da-ing! :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Love the photos kc, very atmospheric. Is the motorbike adapted to run on a railway track ? Looked fascinating

Daisy xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing. One for our travel list now!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Karmacat
    Options
    daisy_1571 wrote: »
    Love the photos kc, very atmospheric. Is the motorbike adapted to run on a railway track ? Looked fascinating

Daisy xx
    Thanks Daisy! Yes, thats right, the motorbike was adapted to run on the railway track - there's no space for a road, or even a path, *beside* the tracks, so using the tracks themselves to inspect the tracks was the only solution. There were three in the museum, it was a regular thing. Fascinating!

earthgirl wrote: »
    Beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing. One for our travel list now!
    You're very welcome, earthie :) glad you liked it.

So, my ta-da list:
    - emailed American cousin.
    - packed up the shoes and sent them off - hopefully they'll refund with no problem. I wore them for half an hour, on carpet, so it should be fine. And they didn't actually break my skin open, though it was near-run!
    - sackful of garden rubbish, yesterday and today.
    - a *lot* of tidying :D not quite finished, but its an awful lot better than it was.
    - weekend case is now out, ready for Liverpool.

Not nearly as much as I wanted to do, but in this heat, it just doesn't happen.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure