Travelling On

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,475 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you had a fab time :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Knife sounds just awesome :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,918 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Thanks all - it was truly amazing. To be sitting in a cafe like on the Med, and see snow capped mountains so near, wonderful stuff. I

We did this too! On Lake Constance - how funny! There was a dearth of cats on our hols too :(

Looking forward to the pics! :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    So glad you had a great time, was thinking of you! I'd love to see your pics too. Take it easy with the weeding !
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sounds as if your holiday was wonderful. Sometimes it's the unexpected events that make it even more memorable;)

I hope your plants survived the TLC of your helpful neighbour. We once took on the responsibility of watering a friend's plants in his huge garden. Not only was his home about 5 miles from here but his fortnight's holiday coincided with the only heatwave of that particular summer:eek:. We didn't even have the good old English rain to help us out:rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 27 June 2018 at 10:37AM
    Options
    Just popped in to say I might not be around so often to chat to you lovely people in the foreseeable future. How will you manage without my ramblings?:rotfl:. I've finally, after months of gentle persuasion, accepted a 'job' as fundraiser for a small local animal rescue centre where I volunteer with the cats and kittens. They have all sorts of creatures there but I'm a cat person through and through although I've helped out with site cleaning and tidying, fence painting, washing of pet bedding etc. They once wanted me to help out with walking the big, more difficult dogs as no on felt confident enough to do when their regular volunteers were on holiday it but once was enough for me:eek:. The owner's daughter does all the social media side of things so I don't need to worry about getting to grips with what seems like an alien world to me:o. I'll be drumming up support 'on the ground', visiting schools, organizing events (or coercing others to organize them:eek:) etc etc. It's not a paid role but necessary expenses can be reclaimed although I doubt I'll do that as I want to make as much as poss for the charity after all. It's entirely up to me how much time I spend and on what so I suppose the boundaries extend as far as my imagination:rotfl:

My only worry is that I'm such a wimp and always accept the first 'no' in all areas of life':o. I feel uneasy about persuading people they want to do something when I know they really don't. I've been sucked in so many times myself during my life and I know how it feels to be committed to something I never wanted to do in the first place:(. . Looks like my novel won't see the light of day for a good while yet;)

I've steeled myself to do 6 things today which have been pressing for ages and which I've put off so many times. They mainly involve phone calls to chase things up such as missed payments which have been due to me, wrong payments taken, appalling service where I feel a complaint is justified (and it takes a lot to goad me into action:eek:)

First one done, for £10 in bonus Boots Advantage Points not credited to my account. The very nice young man added them manually when I explained and he had my account details up on his screen. He said it was an error on their part:eek:. Can't understand why, my Advantage Card is linked to my online account and they've always been credited before. It wasn't an 'opt in' offer, it was available to everyone during those few days so I'm wondering if lots of others never got their points either and haven't noticed or haven't bothered to chase it up.

Now on to task 2. Morrisons More Card bonus points never credited for several weeks.

I will end today feeling satisfied that I've bitten the bullet and done things that I was dreading. Maybe famous last words eh?

Have a good day, everyone, if you can stand the heat:beer:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi CBC - congratulations on the work (though did I read you right, that its not paid? Thats a lot of responsibility!) sorry to hear you won't be here as often, I like it when you are. I hope it goes really well for you.

The chive plants, by the way, are fine - I'm really wondering whether to plant them out now, or leave them for another ten days, tbh, as I'm off to Merseyside next week! And the weather on my weather app seems to say its going to be really hot till then.

I've just been to a U3A event :) I did feel towards the end of the cruise that this could be the start of the kind of retirement that everyone assumes will happen - trolling about merrily doing cheap, enjoyable stuff :D and so far it seems true, though there's still a lot of financial carp to wade through before thats 100% the way it is.

Today, for instance, I have to find the paperwork for the *really* expensive shoes I bought just before I went away. I wore them for half an hour, on carpet, and the pain they caused didn't go away for 3 days .... not quite enough leather used in one place, and they're unuseable, sadly.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the shoes hope u get it sorted
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    Options
    Shoes sound just dire.

• beanielou
    Options
    Hope all goes well carbootcrazy.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback