NST: August Adventures

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you all.

Yesterday was NSD 8 as it was horrid and wet out so I stayed in. Very spaced today, so, for the benefit and safety of humanity, I am staying indoors, not driving, pretending to watch football, and try not to sway whilst sitting on the sofa. Flippin' eck! Note to self, do not take anti-Bs without food, and go back to sleep. Wasted!
    Normal service will resume shortly.
    Love to you all
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are less dizzy now, f0xh0les. Welcome back to Blighty.

Today I am grateful for good coffee, for very good travel connections, for free public loos, for dd meeting me off the bus, for scrummy fresh rasps, for talking with dmil, for getting the back mown, for a dry day.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello
    Strange day for me today - one of those that only come along once in a blue moon, where I feel like doing stuff round the house.:rotfl: Oh yes, I've cooked and cleaned like a good little 'homemaker' or whatever the term is all day today. Normal service we most certainly resume tomorrow.
    Finished the giant blanket and discovered I have at least another 5 WIP so I need to get on with finishing those before I start anything else.
    Even managed a bit of exercise walking to L1dl with ds.
    So not bad all in all - but not a nsd (see above)
    Fmess - strange when the results go like that. I still have another 5 days to wait and am getting more and more nervous. We did well as a department last year so it's hard to see how we could improve on it
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've had a very lazy day. Good sleep but very creaky and my foot and knee hurt, so had a shower and got dressed but stayed upstairs, reading and watching comedy (Billy Connolly, Stewart Lee and then the 2nd and third Secret Policeman's Balls).

Went to the library whilst my dinner was cooking in the oven to take back the two books I read whilst away (read the last page as we passed the stop before last on the bus home) plus a pack of biscuits for the food bank and a bag for the charity bin - have been trying to take something every time I go there or am passing.

Today i am grateful for good reading material, excellent comedy and mostly good music, good food, a restful day (emptied my case, washed my mask, took two small rubbish bags and two paper recycling bags out, dried the clothes I shoved in the washer before I left and I have to stick a complaint in as my green bin wasn't emptied - they will come for it on Monday as long as i notify them), yummy food (helped by additions to my stock cupboard, the mini co-op I went into on my path between the station entrance and the shelter for the free bus had cider vinegar and tartare sauce which little arseda has stopped stocking - last time I bought cider vinegar it was from the health food shop, okay it's organic but I've paid less for wine). It means I can make my own reduced fat salad dressings, seafood sauce (i like it to have a kick) etc which will save me a small fortune and they will be low fat.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still on NSD No 12

Sorry, forgot to check in yesterday. Don't know why - I wasn't exactly busy.

Anyway, I've done the shopping and am within budget. Got a meal plan for next week so shouldn't have to buy too much more if it all works out.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all!
    As yesterday was a write off, I got to NSD9 and my bank balance is still looking quite good, all things considered.

Today I am going ys bargain hunting and starting to be on the lookout for lunchbox tat in preparation for ten days hence..... that rolled around too quickly this year.
    Will plan on foraging this week. The blackberries must be ready by now...
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This thread always makes me think of the gratitudes: I'm grateful I managed a bit of a trip out yesterday, even if not the one I really wanted. I'm grateful I have options.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD No 13

Made a list of things to do next week including one enormous frog that I've been putting off. I will do it tomorrow though as I know I will feel a lot better having done it. Lots of other little frogs as well.
    Today I changed the bedding ready for washing tomorrow. Hope the weather improves so I can hang it outside. Sorted out my underwear drawer and disposed of some items that were past their best and quite frankly far too small and will never be worn again. I've been buying gifts over the year in the sales for that time in December that we're not mentioning and they are now altogether in the same place so I'm not wondering what I've done with them when the time comes for wrapping.

Today Himself opened a very expensive cake that he was given so long ago the I'd be embarrassed to confess when it was. It is in a sealed airtight tin and is in perfect condition. Luckily I don't like fruit cake as it is absolutely chock full of calories. That's him sorted for his afternoon tea and cake for the next week. Nice tin as well. Sure I'll be able to find a use for it when empty.

Off now to sort out the Boy's requested roast chicken dinner.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a good morning, for strong coffee, for catching up with a friend, for dd having a good day, for minimal screen use, for more fresh rasps, for getting packed ready to go away tomorrow, for dh giving the jasmine a haircut, for a day off from needle felting meaning that I have acquired no new slashes and gashes on my fingers!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • PheoniX
    PheoniX Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Sorry haven't dropped by, been a busy week visiting family - and it's been spend, spend, spend albeit low spends each day.. plus I have also acquired a new kitten which has involved more spending to get the place ready and set up for the new arrival! :happyhear We are all cwtched up for an early night :) No more spending as of tomorrow!

Tattybye :wave:
    :D Ninja Saving Turtle :D
    SFD 1 Food 0 Fuel 0 Fun 0 Misc 0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills