NST: August Adventures

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh, Apple, I feel as if I kind of being forced in to this. Somehow the local paper found out about it and phoned a neighbour. He can't really comment publicly because of his job and gave them my number. I'm quite a shy person (actually very shy) and this is way out of my comfort zone. I only got involved because I tried to help someone write a complaint by showing them the letter I had written. They asked if I could type something up so it could be delivered around the area. It turns out that the Council were only obliged to inform the households who directly overlook the site although potentially it will have a detrimental effect on the whole community (It involves storing waste in skips prior to their removal to a permanent facility). As a result of this it appears that the plans were not generally known. I don't have any legal training and I'm a bit concerned that I might be getting into something that's way above my head. Anyway, I spoke to a nice young man from the paper and the story is going in next week, I'll bore you to death with updates.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Morning everyone

Had a busy day at self employment role yesterday and started the follow on work at home when I got back. I did achieve a NSD though - my second of the month! I haven't had big spends just lots of little ones.

Today i'm doing more work from home and then heading down south to bring back DD2 who has been away for 6 weeks staying with her boyfriend and his family.

Hope everyone is ok and good luck with exam results f0xh0les

Dx
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    :T:T:T Well done Toni's friend!:T:T:T
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have been away camping since the weekend at the very top of the Yorkshire Dales. I will catch up with all your goings on later today and do a proper post.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :wave: :coffee:
    Hope that it's been good news for your ds f0x0les. My niece passed all of her GCSE's and has gotten onto the course she wanted at college. On a very selfish note, my chemistry results are up on last year's again and I've overtaken physics and am almost on a par with biology. I'm very proud of my students and very relieved for myself.
    Thanks for the understanding about the new sofa. I'm currently trying to offload the old one before the new one arrives next week - I can't donate it to charity because the fire label is missing. It's also covered in cat hair but it's not that old, about 5 years - so I'm hoping someone will come and take it off my hands and put it to use - I would hate to have to dump it, but I will if I need to.
    Another one struggling with nsd's this month - but I always do in August. I'll be looking to make it to 10...
    I'm still not sleeping well - last night I was awake with ds having growing pains in his legs. I feel desperate for a nap but don't want to have one as I'd rather try for a good sleep tonight.
    Mothernerd, take care of yourself - I get worn out just reading how much you do in your posts.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    He got all 6's and 7's which is A's and B's in old money. He thinks it is fair marks for the work he put in, but is annoyed at himself as he admitted he did not put much revision in (except all the revision sessions during half term/ Easter hols that I made him go to). So no A* or A** but just plain A.

It was better than I got for mine. So I shall keep him for a while longer, and college starts next Thursday .

Toni'sfriend, well done - those sneaky council types!

CCL -growing pains means shopping for trousers!:rotfl:
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    CCL well done on your results. Good luck with getting rid of your sofa. Feel for your son, I used to suffer so much with them badly.

Failed today, ended up spending due to grandkids coming at weekend. Needed crisps, cereals and a few treats to keep them quiet. New Heron foods opened nearby today so popped in there for a nosey.

Sat down last night and relaxed with my new tv after gardening/cleaning, got Netflix free for 30 days so actually found something to watch for a change. Friends backed out of our night out - glad to be honest save some money. :T

Only allowed to be a couch potato tonight if I do some exercise. So windy last night happy to stay in and washing stayed on the line - result.

Had my car insurance through, reasonable might still change through quidco another company, actually same company who had underwritten my current policy but £30 extra in my pocket eventually :T

Friend recommended a dating site yesterday one I had never used, why did I listen to her I knew it would be a bad idea, all live 100s of miles away. Probably better for them:rotfl:

Happy most of the time with my Bridget Jones life.:D
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Hi all

Well done to CCL and f0xh0les DS for results :) My niece found out she passed GSCE maths at 5th attempt - I passed mine on 4th attempt so must be a family thing :(

Will a charity take your old sofa CCL? BHF wouldn't take mine but a local charity did; BHF rejected it cos a couple of springs had gone but we hadn't noticed and it was a huge thing so plenty of life left in it & it was very comfy. Hope you are enjoying your new sofa as a reward for all your hard work :)

I've finished my self employment work and submitted my invoice. Just doing some housework before head off on my 150 mile journey to collect DD2

Love to all
    Deni x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD NO 16

Well done on the results, everyone.

I haven't done much today. Been caught up on all this Council nonsense. 170 leaflets delivered and outrage on social media. Glad all my council tax is up to date. I don't want them having a reason to evict me.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ccl/f0xh0les - great news about the results.

PhoeniX - your kitten sounds lush, would love a photo if you know how to get one on here.

apple - enjoy your hols

mothernerd - I hope your boys appreciate you, I'm sure they do in their own way - you do a lot for them.

Toni'sFriend - if you feel strongly about the application you have to get involved and not worry about what people think, too many people complain and then sit idly by.

Have been spending whilst away but that all comes from our holiday pot which we put money in every month. Have also had a few charity shop purchases whilst away. Bought DD some new black leggings before we went and DS 2 pairs of joggers and some new underpants - I buy everything I can second hand but some things are just not possible

I had a Sparks voucher for £5 off leggings (received after I bought DD's pair and she had worn them) so I ordered a 2 pair pack which I will collect tomorrow, came in at £10 for the two so if they fit DD will have one pair and I the other.

Am absolutely shattered from camping - such hard work. Tent has come back soaked through so we need to put that up in the garden this weekend to dry out, it is a massive tent so I am not looking forward to putting it up and then down again. Am going to clean the kitchen up in a mo then boil wash myself in the shower, washing machine has already been on twice in anticipation of a nice day tomorrow.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family